+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Last edited:

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
We applied for a TRV for my wife on June 20. All online. Have a GCKey and everything. The status has not changed: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." My wife is Brazilian but living in the US. The website claims expected processing time is 14 days.

Reactions: arsalsam786

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
We applied for a TRV for my wife on June 20. All online. Have a GCKey and everything. The status has not changed: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." My wife is Brazilian but living in the US. The website claims expected processing time is 14 days.
We have gone past the quoted 17 day processing time for my spouse’s country of origin.

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
is your background check in process? what about eligibility review?

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
you should inquire about status thorugh web form...
is your background check in process? what about eligibility review?
Yep, sent a webform last week - waiting to hear back. Both background check and eligibility are in process.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone,
I hope you are staying safe & healthy during these days.
I don't know how I can sign "Visa application form IMM5257" as neither "Adobe Acrobat DC", nor "Adobe Acrobat pro" can do that for me.
Indeed, I can fill in & validate the forms successfully but how it would be possible to sign them??
I even tried to print them & sign them in hands & then scanned them & make them PDF again but then it can not be uploaded in GCKey account. Any suggestion or help from you is highly appreciated. Thank you.

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
I hope you are staying safe & healthy during these days.
I don't know how I can sign "Visa application form IMM5257" as neither "Adobe Acrobat DC", nor "Adobe Acrobat pro" can do that for me.
Indeed, I can fill in & validate the forms successfully but how it would be possible to sign them??
I even tried to print them & sign them in hands & then scanned them & make them PDF again but then it can not be uploaded in GCKey account. Any suggestion or help from you is highly appreciated. Thank you.
You don't need to sign the pdf document. You will be asked to type your name once you complete the online application and before you submit it and that will be your signature.

See: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740 and I think this is also mentioned on the PDF file as well.

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
You don't need to sign the pdf document. You will be asked to type your name once you complete the online application and before you submit it and that will be your signature.

See: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740 and I think this is also mentioned on the PDF file as well.
Thanks a lot for your help. So, validating the forms is enough and I just have to upload them in my GCkey account, then in the final step a digital signature will be done before the payment of the application fees.

confused_aj

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for your help. So, validating the forms is enough and I just have to upload them in my GCkey account, then in the final step a digital signature will be done before the payment of the application fees.
That's correct. The most important step is to validate the form before uploading it. From memory, I think only the application form required this. Other forms (e.g. Family information - imm5645e) can be printed then scanned or digitally signed in Acrobat or Mac's preview app.

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
That's correct. The most important step is to validate the form before uploading it. From memory, I think only the application form required this. Other forms (e.g. Family information - imm5645e) can be printed then scanned or digitally signed in Acrobat or Mac's preview app.
Thanks a thousand times for your help. You're right, only the visa application form requires an applicant's signature and as you mentioned I can directly upload it after validating. Also, I will treat the same for the rest of the forms(Schedule 1 & Family information) meaning that I will upload these forms directly as well and will not print & scan & convert back to PDF & upload. You saved my time, thank you.