+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Hi all, I see a few people whose application was received a little after mine has already received their MR (Medical Request Letter).

Here is my timeline:
App recvd Dec 18 2018
AOR1 Feb 16 2019
BM (Already completed from 2015. Good for 10 years)

Waiting on MR

Ive copied and pasted the communication below. It states he does not need a medical and it could change.... I don't even know if it has gone to the Accra office as yet. Ugh

Anyone with the same status? Also is the MR notification emailed or mailed? We have a representative handling my husbands application so all correspondence goes to him.

Should my husband be looking in the mail? The representative didnt put in the correct address so we updated it this week with CIC.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Rinna7

Jun 7, 2019
@Naa2019
The interview questions are not difficult. You will only be asked questions to collaborate what you filled in your application forms. Go with all the docs you were asked to bring, study your application forms. There's another thread where someone posted a list of questions asked during the interview. Go over that with your spouse. Above all, pray to God for favour. I did it and my visa was approved and passport stamped same day. This was in January 2019. Try not to be tense and smile genuinely.

Samanya

Apr 18, 2019
I am new on this platform and I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am sponsoring my 2 kids and Accra visa office ask us to do DNA test test to proof parenting and children's relationship. How long it takes to request for passport after receiving the DNA test

Miles490

Nov 25, 2017
Hi all, I see a few people whose application was received a little after mine has already received their MR (Medical Request Letter).

Here is my timeline:
App recvd Dec 18 2018
AOR1 Feb 16 2019
BM (Already completed from 2015. Good for 10 years)

Waiting on MR

Ive copied and pasted the communication below. It states he does not need a medical and it could change.... I don't even know if it has gone to the Accra office as yet. Ugh

Anyone with the same status? Also is the MR notification emailed or mailed? We have a representative handling my husbands application so all correspondence goes to him.

Should my husband be looking in the mail? The representative didnt put in the correct address so we updated it this week with CIC.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
You need to give new biometrics regardless of the fact that you’ve had it done in 2015. There’s a new law from July 2018 that requires new biometrics for PR applications. I also had my biometrics done in 2017 for a different application(TRV) but I was sent a biometric request letter on 17/5/219 for my PR application (I also thought I was good for 10years from 2017) but I confirmed again when I went to give my biometrics that I needed to do it for the PR application. You won’t get a MR letter if you don’t give your biometrics.

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
You need to give new biometrics regardless of the fact that you’ve had it done in 2015. There’s a new law from July 2018 that requires new biometrics for PR applications. I also had my biometrics done in 2017 for a different application(TRV) but I was sent a biometric request letter on 17/5/219 for my PR application (I also thought I was good for 10years from 2017) but I confirmed again when I went to give my biometrics that I needed to do it for the PR application. You won’t get a MR letter if you don’t give your biometrics.

Hi there, yes. I realized that after lol. He did the biometrics today and it has already been updated in the IRCC system.

Right now the updated information I have received is that I am eligible to sponsor and his biometric is completed (As of today).
Any Idea when they will request his medical?

Miles490

Nov 25, 2017
Okay cool. Medical request is usually five months after the day your application was received by IRCC. Obviously your MR hasn’t arrived because of the delay in biometrics. You should get MR anytime from now.

Hi there, yes. I realized that after lol. He did the biometrics today and it has already been updated in the IRCC system.

Right now the updated information I have received is that I am eligible to sponsor and his biometric is completed (As of today).
Any Idea when they will request his medical?

Reactions: LiLiM

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Okay cool. Medical request is usually five months after the day your application was received by IRCC. Obviously your MR hasn’t arrived because of the delay in biometrics. You should get MR anytime from now.
Awesome! Good to know! Once he does the MR how long before this nightmare is over? lol

Last edited:

Miles490

Nov 25, 2017
Awesome! Good to know! Once he does the MR how long before this nightmare is over? lol
Lol usually after the medicals, the waiting game continues, for about 5-6 months before PPR. I’m also in the same situation ‍♂ So I’m also waiting.

Reactions: LiLiM

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Another question does he have to wait for the medical re
Lol usually after the medicals, the waiting game continues, for about 5-6 months before PPR. I’m also in the same situation ‍♂ So I’m also waiting.
Oh Lord! LOL. On the time line its saying I have 5 months left lol. I guess that is accurate....I am praying for 2-3 months

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Another question does he have to wait for the medical re

Oh Lord! LOL. On the time line its saying I have 5 months left lol. I guess that is accurate....I am praying for 2-3 months
Sorry the other question I had was does he have to wait for th MR letter or can he just book an appointment with the panel of physicians before receiving the letter. Would be nice to speed this up if possible. :)

Miles490

Nov 25, 2017
Sorry the other question I had was does he have to wait for th MR letter or can he just book an appointment with the panel of physicians before receiving the letter. Would be nice to speed this up if possible. :)
Unfortunately he can’t just go in for medicals he has to wait to get the medical request letter which will contain certain details for his medicals. Lol I know the wait sucks. I’m tired myself lol.

Could we whatsapp or something ? I’ve got some questions regarding my application I don’t want to post here.

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Unfortunately he can’t just go in for medicals he has to wait to get the medical request letter which will contain certain details for his medicals. Lol I know the wait sucks. I’m tired myself lol.

Could we whatsapp or something ? I’ve got some questions regarding my application I don’t want to post here.
Alrighty! Lol was hoping to try and speed this up. But it makes sense. I will just have to be patient.

Im not sure i want to give out my number on this platform lol. Im not even sure I can answer your questions haha im the one asking you... Email perhaps?

LiLiM

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, if anyone can answer this question.
I have a friend whose husband has over stayed in Turkey. He is nigerian, if he leaves Turkey without paying the over stay fee he gets a deportation stamp. Will that affect his paper work for Canada?

He has done his medical already just waiting on the call for the Canadian visa. Does he have to go to Accra Ghana to have the passport stamped for Canada or is able to drop it off at a VAC in Turkey to be mailed to Accra, Ghana?

How does this work?.....