+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
New to this thread. We got pre arrival and expecting ppr in no time. My wife is the principal applicant while I'm the sponsor, she resides in Enugu , Nigeria at the moment.
My question: How much does it cost by dhl sending documents to VFS Lagos to be forwarded to AVO? And how much costs the VFS + whatz the very recent timeline of return if passport. Just curious to know and be prepared.
Tnx ppl
Congratulations, please what's your AOR ( the day your application was received.
Sorry I don't really know the cost but this link might be of help to you
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/contact_us.html
Everything has been explained there with the exception of cost of dhl sending passport to VFS.

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
New to this thread. We got pre arrival and expecting ppr in no time. My wife is the principal applicant while I'm the sponsor, she resides in Enugu , Nigeria at the moment.
My question: How much does it cost by dhl sending documents to VFS Lagos to be forwarded to AVO? And how much costs the VFS + whatz the very recent timeline of return if passport. Just curious to know and be prepared.
Tnx ppl
Hi, congratulations. As for cost of DHL I don't know but you should call them and find out as rates differ due to distance.

VFS offers courier service for Return Courier Delivery for 10120 naira. Their service schedule for all costs is here so: http//www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
I would suggest contacting VFS to discuss safe courier delivery options to and from VFS in Lagos.

As for return of passport the average time is one month.

Last edited:

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Hi, congratulations. As for cost of DHL I don't know but you should call them and find out as rates differ due to distance.

VFS offers courier service for Return Courier Delivery for 10120 naira. Their service schedule for all costs is here so: http//www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
I would suggest contacting VFS to discuss safe courier delivery options to and from VFS in Lagos.

As for return of passport the average time is one month.
Very helpful, thank you

frankomega

Sep 21, 2017
i am a Canadian citizen living in Nigeria with my husband we have been married for two years + now and we have a son that will turn two years by December. we have finally decided to move back to Canada. My question is this: which will be better, to sponsor him while in Nigeria or do i need to move back to Canada to sponsor my husband?I really want to travel the same time with him because i don't want to face the torture of staying apart from my husband for a long time.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
i am a Canadian citizen living in Nigeria with my husband we have been married for two years + now and we have a son that will turn two years by December. we have finally decided to move back to Canada. My question is this: which will be better, to sponsor him while in Nigeria or do i need to move back to Canada to sponsor my husband?I really want to travel the same time with him because i don't want to face the torture of staying apart from my husband for a long time.
As a Canadian citizen you can sponsor him from Nigeria but you have to prove intent to return by showing a job offer, lease agreement, enrollment in school, things like that. I lived with my husband about 6 months into process and then moved back and settled back to Canada and were reunited after 6 months when decision made. It's up to you to decide what is best for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: adebiyialabi

Ugodidi1234

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone, thanks for the update, but please mine is a question and I need an answer or advice ASAP . My application was going on very, it was received and medical was asked and it was received as well, but when I checked online to follow up, I discovered that a letter was sent to me on the 19th of October last month via my lawyer, the letter was for my interview but I didn't receive the letter from my lawyer, the lawyer said he sent it to me but didn't know that I didn't receive any email from him, and based on that I was refused visa bcos I didn't appear for the interview which wasn't my fault bcos I didn't receive any letter either from my lawyer or Accra, my question , please will Accra reschedule the interview for me? This is so devastating , my husband is so worried and down about the whole thing

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hello everyone, thanks for the update, but please mine is a question and I need an answer or advice ASAP . My application was going on very, it was received and medical was asked and it was received as well, but when I checked online to follow up, I discovered that a letter was sent to me on the 19th of October last month via my lawyer, the letter was for my interview but I didn't receive the letter from my lawyer, the lawyer said he sent it to me but didn't know that I didn't receive any email from him, and based on that I was refused visa bcos I didn't appear for the interview which wasn't my fault bcos I didn't receive any letter either from my lawyer or Accra, my question , please will Accra reschedule the interview for me? This is so devastating , my husband is so worried and down about the whole thing
I'm so sorry to hear this. It must be really traumatic for you guys. I hope things get settled soon. First, try to email AVO directly (ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) about the miscommunication.They may recommend a solution to the case. Otherwise, you may have to appeal the decision in court (this is a much more difficult and long process. It could take as long as a year before you even get a hearing date, depending on the city the sponsor lives). Try emailing Accra first and then maybe call the Call Centre. Accra is your best bet though. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of these but I pray you smile in the end coz this is not your fault at all.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Wishing quick resolution and success to everyone going through the process or who had gone through it!

Naa2019

Jan 16, 2019
Hi!

New member here. First I wanted to say thank you to all who have shared their experiences on this platform. It's reassuring to know that you are not alone no matter what you may be going through at whichever stage of this process. With the addition of the new Biometrics requirement, how quickly/ slowly has the process moved for you and could you please share your timelines. It seems generally most people got AOR within 6-8 weeks after submitting but mine took at least 90 days/ 3 months.
Here's my time line so far:
Application submitted: Sep 21, 2018
Request for Payment of Biometric Fees: Oct 2, 2018
Confirmation of Receipt of Biometric payment: Oct 16, 2018
AOR: December 24, 2018
Biometrics Instruction Letter : Jan 9, 2019
Sponsorship Eligibility Decision: Jan 10, 2019
Biometrics Info submitted by my husband at AVO: Jan 15, 2019

Also is anyone willing to share some of the interview questions asked? I understand its case by case and some may be too personal so that will be ok as well.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Quick question please,
The #17790 for passport to Accra, does it cover return of passport or you have to pay for that also? Thanks

Gas

Sep 29, 2018
I am new on this platform and I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am sponsoring my 2 kids and Accra visa office ask us to do DNA test test to proof parenting and children's relationship. How long it takes to request for passport after receiving the DNA test

Reactions: Samanya