+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Hh0710

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hii all
Anyone waiting for their COPR from 1st/2nd/3rd week of June 2021
Pls update here..bcz I saw some people got their COPR after 70 days… last week or this week one got his COPR…I think he/she waiting from June 3rd..
Pls update here whosoever waiting from more than 2 months!!!
Thanks

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@legalfalcon we are currently in Canada and have received our eCoPR. Wanted to double check with you the followings:
1. eCoPR (and Medical) Valid to date is Oct 3rd. Does it matter whether we get our PR Card by this date or not? I believe eCoPR doesn't expire, right?
2. My spouse's eCoPR has incorrect Original Entry Date and my kid's Last entry date is off by a day. Do we really need to get them amended?

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@LaniS I found this somewhere so it might help you

Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
Updating point-8 as per my experience:

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
Enter Place of Birth as it appears on your passport, including commas and respecting spaces if any

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.

Reactions: gopalk

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon we are currently in Canada and have received our eCoPR. Wanted to double check with you the followings:
1. eCoPR (and Medical) Valid to date is Oct 3rd. Does it matter whether we get our PR Card by this date or not? I believe eCoPR doesn't expire, right?
2. My spouse's eCoPR has incorrect Original Entry Date and my kid's Last entry date is off by a day. Do we really need to get them amended?
1. COPR has no expiry date. The date on the COPR only reflects the date before which an individual who is outside Canada has to land in Canada. For individuals who are in Canada and receive an e-COPR the COPR is signed and does not expire. You can receive a PR card anytime and it has no bearing on your COPR.

2. It would not matter. However, if you wish to have it corrected you will have to follow :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

rockycocky

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Updating point-8 as per my experience:

Enter Place of Birth as it appears on your passport, including commas and respecting spaces if any

can this be done while the ecopr is in process? or before that? Also what would be the date of pr? Would it be the date i submitted the pictures and address?

T.R2021

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
AOR- February 24, 2021
Medical Passed- March 5, 2021
Credential Mail- July 15, 2021
Declaration - July 17, 2021
ECOPR- Still Waiting - 34 days now
Photo and Address Approved - Waiting
Card Received in the mail today - Waiting
VO - VLU

After sent Photo and Address confirmation we had received first email twice. Haven't reply, however we raised a webform to explain and ask how to proceed but no feedback yet. Is anyone waiting for COPR more than 1 month?

Reactions: Julia@1987S

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
AOR- February 24, 2021
Medical Passed- March 5, 2021
Credential Mail- July 15, 2021
Declaration - July 17, 2021
ECOPR- Still Waiting - 34 days now
Photo and Address Approved - Waiting
Card Received in the mail today - Waiting
VO - VLU

After sent Photo and Address confirmation we had received first email twice. Haven't reply, however we raised a webform to explain and ask how to proceed but no feedback yet. Is anyone waiting for COPR more than 1 month?
@T.R2021 waiting since 14th July. VLU - OSC

abc_1234

Oct 30, 2020
anyone who submit photos on January/CoPR Feb, haven't received their PR card yet?
I've been trying everyday calling IRCC at 7:59am but can't talk to an agent. Sent a webform 3 weeks ago with no replies.

Reactions: Raj_aud

esaba

May 29, 2021
anyone who submit photos on January/CoPR Feb, haven't received their PR card yet?
I've been trying everyday calling IRCC at 7:59am but can't talk to an agent. Sent a webform 3 weeks ago with no replies.
I got my ECOPR in Feb and have been waiting ever since. I tried everything. They just tell me to wait…

dwuacs

Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I received an email shown that: PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file! Your case has been reviewed and an electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document has been uploaded to your file.

Is this the official ECOPR email?

I think most people received their ecopr with: congrats, you are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal.

So confused regarding this issue. Is there anyone know the differences?

Reactions: Srisundarcan

simer1990

Feb 13, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2021
AOR Received.
15-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2021
Hello everyone,

I received an email shown that: PR Confirmation - An update has been made to your file! Your case has been reviewed and an electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document has been uploaded to your file.

Is this the official ECOPR email?

I think most people received their ecopr with: congrats, you are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! IRCC has uploaded an electronic copy of your electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR) document in the PR Confirmation Portal.

So confused regarding this issue. Is there anyone know the differences?
I got both emails.