+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

miguelca

May 6, 2021
I have a question: Received a confirmation portal to confirm the address and portal. I am currently outside of Canada and there is 14 days to fill the form and upload the photo. What should I do? If i declare that I am currently inside the Canada (but literally outside of Canada currently) what would happen eventually? I don't want they postpone my file for another few months :-(((
On the PDF instruction it clearly says: "If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message"

IRCC will know if you are outside of Canada and say you are in-Canada. Don't even risk it.
I'm guessing they will put your file on hold until you come back and updated them

Jul 28, 2020
On the PDF instruction it clearly says: "If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message"

IRCC will know if you are outside of Canada and say you are in-Canada. Don't even risk it.
I'm guessing they will put your file on hold until you come back and updated them
Agree. My wife is currently in Canada but she will be travelling to US in a week. I mentioned that in the original Portal email with the same and I then got the login portal which we signed today while she's in Canada.

vnyaraju

Sep 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class(CEC), while applying I was in Canada, later I left Canada and came back to my home country.

I got email from IRCC officer stating that "We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada", but they asked me to confirm that "I currently live in Canada".

But the problem here is currently I am living outside the Canada, I replied to IRCC officer the same over the email.

Its been more than 45 days after my reply to them, Still I dint got any response from the IRCC officer.

Will they accept my PR application if I live outside Canada or they will keep my application on hold until I return back to Canada?

I am tensed, could someone help me with the correct information and what I have to do next?

Thanks in advance!

PRAPAT

May 27, 2021
Could anyone please share their timelines for portal email to PR card with visa office?

I uploaded my photos and address on 14th July and I am still waiting for COPR. My visa office now is Ottawa :(
For us after uploading photos and address confirmation, got copr on 21th day and aproval of card for principal applicant within 10 days and dependent’s card approved after a month.

PRAPAT

May 27, 2021
I am in opposite situation... dependent received their card about 3 weeks ago but I am primary and my photo and address are still in review. No idea how long it will take.
I just received an email that my PR card has been approved and mailed to me. I hope you will also get updates soon on your application.

Reactions: paontario

Hh0710

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Is anybody has any clue …if agents put inquiry regarding your application status (like follow request) how long the officers will take to look upon those inquiries…I called ircc last Monday regarding mine COPR …she sent follow up request to VLU ….but still no response
Waiting for COPR from 18th June
It is ridiculous….it’s very hard to wait now
People usually get their COPRs within 2-3 days and here we some of them who r waiting from months ..

Reactions: szzyp and gopalk

Benar11

Jul 1, 2021
Hi guys I got my copr July 29, today I received update on cic account today it says application approved and they even linked copr on cic account, is that means my Pr mailed to me today? Photo still in review on portal that'd why little confused thanks

• Wow
Reactions: td88

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hi guys I got my copr July 29, today I received update on cic account today it says application approved and they even linked copr on cic account, is that means my Pr mailed to me today? Photo still in review on portal that'd why little confused thanks
You have to link your PR card app into your GCKey account and track it independently

GB94

Star Member
May 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class(CEC), while applying I was in Canada, later I left Canada and came back to my home country.

I got email from IRCC officer stating that "We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada", but they asked me to confirm that "I currently live in Canada".

But the problem here is currently I am living outside the Canada, I replied to IRCC officer the same over the email.

Its been more than 45 days after my reply to them, Still I dint got any response from the IRCC officer.

Will they accept my PR application if I live outside Canada or they will keep my application on hold until I return back to Canada?

I am tensed, could someone help me with the correct information and what I have to do next?

Thanks in advance!
They will probably wait until you return to Canada

Reactions: smurfgirl

smurfgirl

Star Member
May 21, 2021
If its for few weeks, just wait. once you return to Canada then reply to email. that works.
I was in same case, i got the email just a day after my travel. i returned after six weeks and responded to it. got the credentials & eCOPR.
Thank u

lrennnnnnn

Jul 9, 2021
Hi, I hope this post can be useful to someone, for people who are waiting for a long time for portal credentials.

I got my portal email #1 on May 26, and I sent my info back the same day, waiting for portal credentials. Credentials never came, I sent over 10 reminder emails, web forms etc. Absolutely no responses or valuable info, for over 2 months.

Tonight I was reading through the posts on this forum, and saw someone saying that they accidentally created the account by themselves and the case was already loaded. So I tried the same - and it turns out, some time ago I created a PR Portal account by myself, and never bothered to check it again. Now my PR confirmation case is loaded on it!! (I thought PR Portal and PR Confirmation Portal are two different websites back then, silly me) Now I just submitted my address and photo, waiting for response. The anxiety is finally (partially) over. Thank you everyone on this forum.

tldr: if you are waiting for portal credentials for a LONG time, see if you created a Permanent Residence Portal account before, because your case might already be on it. IRCC might not send any emails back to you regarding credentials.

Reactions: miguelca

smurfgirl

Star Member
May 21, 2021
If its for few weeks, just wait. once you return to Canada then reply to email. that works.
I was in same case, i got the email just a day after my travel. i returned after six weeks and responded to it. got the credentials & eCOPR.
I would be leaving for six weeks too ...
i wont have a problem to return to canada even tho I am not a permanent resident? Right as ai am on my bowp permit ?

ijpsandhu

May 26, 2021
Update:

PR card application approved in Aug. 02

Status: we mailed your your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Goodluck to all waiting for their CoPRs and PR cards
Congratulations, i got the same update. Please update whenever you get your card

Reactions: sweet2818