+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hello guys,

Who was able to link his resident card to the IRCC account? I tried multiple times yesterday but it didn't work. I d like to track my PR card. It looks like the confirmation portal doesn't update aynthing. Any help will be appreciated.

Take care ans stay safe
It's very tricky, specially "City/town of birth". You need to mention it exactly same as your passport, including space, comma, uppercase/lowercase etc.
You can follow below post, except for step 8:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

Reactions: Njesteeve

Njesteeve

Jul 26, 2021
Reactions: paontario

Ktmjs

Jul 21, 2021
It's very tricky, specially "City/town of birth". You need to mention it exactly same as your passport, including space, comma, uppercase/lowercase etc.
You can follow below post, except for step 8:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/
The same thing happened for me too. I tried different methods to link the application to CIC account either way didn’t work at last I called the ircc agent, they transferred the call to PR card department. The agent helped me with the PR card application number (this is totally a different number from your Express entry application number). After that I linked the application into CIC account without any problem. Hope this will help!

Reactions: paontario

Meowexpress

Feb 19, 2021
Hi could someone please tell me that, in the pr confirmation portal, can I insert a mailing address that is different from the one in my or application? I'm moving in a few days and would like my or card mailed to my new address.
Thanks!

apalanis

Jul 20, 2021
Same here, I uploaded new photo on July 16 for my husband and still no GU.
So I just called ircc and the agent said my new photo is still not on file and then I asked it took about 40 days to review the initial picture and am I looking at 40 days from July 19 she said no i should either hear back either by end end of this week or next week.. so it looks like we are gonna be waiting again.

• Angry
Reactions: td88

Arry2019

Jun 8, 2019
It's up to IRCC whether to cancel your other application then approve your PR.
I submitted a webform last week to withdraw my WP application after I received the 2nd confirmation email.
It's still showing Submitted in my CIC account though.
No eCoPR yet.
So, when did your previous WP expired?
If you have a WP application in process IRCC will approve that first then they will continue with the landing process. This is what the IRCC agent told me.
It may be different in your case. I'm not sure.

Just ask about this when you call IRCC next time.

Arry2019

Jun 8, 2019
Does being on implied status cause delays?
If you are on implied status(maintained status), IRCC will have to approve your temporary status first before confirming your PR status.
Got this information from the IRCC Client Support Centre agent.
The visa officer will expedite your temporary resident application(visitor/work permit) so that they continue with the landing process.