+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

klein

Oct 6, 2009
what happens if COPR expires and I am still in canada but did not get PR card. Do i have to apply again?
No. COPR expiry date is only relevant if you were approved outside of Canada and haven't landed yet. If you were issued your COPR while inside Canada then you are PR and the expiry is irrelevant. Your PR Card is just a travel document. Your COPR is your proof of status.

Reactions: Oluwaseunabd

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
No. COPR expiry date is only relevant if you were approved outside of Canada and haven't landed yet. If you were issued your COPR while inside Canada then you are PR and the expiry is irrelevant. Your PR Card is just a travel document. Your COPR is your proof of status.
Thank you for your help appreciated

Reactions: klein

amsol89

Aug 18, 2021
Getting portal email means your application is approved. Getting CoPR is the finalization of your application and status, once you have CoPR you are officially PR, not before. But if you receive Portal email it means everything is approved.
Many thanks for your explanation. Appreciated.

amsol89

Aug 18, 2021
I had already created an account on pr portal before receiving the confirmation portal email from IRCC. Is this a problem?

Julzzzz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
The IRCC updated the website- now it says 89 days to process PR card application (first card). They are working through the backlog

Yo123

Aug 10, 2020
Hi ,
I got the eCopr on August 7th , over 3 months now and havent revived the PR card , should I wait for the PR card or apply for solemn declaration? Please help

Hil

Mar 5, 2020
Still waiting for eCOPR, Submitted all info September 27th but nothing by now. Somebody same situation?

Kay.ess

Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone!
How many of you are waiting for your PR cards since June?
eCOPR 27th June here.
Travelling 30th November
Webforms, emailing IRCC, calling helpline, contacting MP, nothing helped. I just wanted to check how many are in the same boat as I with a similar eCOPR timeline.
136 days already and counting…

Rose2019

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Finally i received my ecopr. It was almost 3 months waiting. Hope u guys received good new soon.
- first portal mail: july 30
- portal link account: August 14, upload photo and address same day
- ecopr: nov 8
- pr card waiting
|I have been waiting for almost 2 months to get my ecorp and my work permit is expiring next week. I am so frustated it about the delay

Reactions: LuisZaSa

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I am getting worried now. I have received the email for Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal 5 times since 4th of November and I replied like with 5 minutes I received it, verified the information its correct. tried to reach out to customer care no response. any suggestions guys??

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Hey everyone, I am getting worried now. I have received the email for Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal 5 times since 4th of November and I replied like with 5 minutes I received it, verified the information its correct. tried to reach out to customer care no response. any suggestions guys??
Try to raise a webform as a technical difficulty.

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hey everyone, I am getting worried now. I have received the email for Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal 5 times since 4th of November and I replied like with 5 minutes I received it, verified the information is correct. tried to reach out to customer care no response. any suggestions guys??
I got 4 emails in 4 days, remained after the remainder on each response. Let see tomorrow :)

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
Finally i received my ecopr. It was almost 3 months waiting. Hope u guys received good new soon.
- first portal mail: july 30
- portal link account: August 14, upload photo and address same day
- ecopr: nov 8
- pr card waiting
Wow that is so long. Happy you got though now.