+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

amsol89

Aug 18, 2021
Has anyone received PR confirmation portal email from IRCC Montreal? I received mine 2 days ago and replied immediately but so far I haven't received portal credentials. I have seen people getting it really fast.

Reactions: Rdon

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Received my eCOPR today. The last entry date is off by a day though. I entered from the US and the day in my I94 records is Feb 3, 2020. That is also the day that I responded with to the portal email. However, the eCOPR lists my last entry date as Feb 4, 2020.

Does that matter? Should I get this corrected?

Kks333

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Has anyone received PR confirmation portal email from IRCC Montreal? I received mine 2 days ago and replied immediately but so far I haven't received portal credentials. I have seen people getting it really fast.
Received portal email on oct 21.
Still waiting for credentials

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
hi,
On portal portal i uploaded a photo with file format JPG , but it says to upload either JPEG or PNG. Is it something i should be scared of?
one more thing, how will they know that the photo more than 6 months old?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
hi,
On portal portal i uploaded a photo with file format JPG , but it says to upload either JPEG or PNG. Is it something i should be scared of?
one more thing, how will they know that the photo more than 6 months old?
No, jpg and jpeg are the same format. It doesn't matter.

The age of the photo can be seen in the metadata so I wouldn't risk it. Just take a new photo.

Hueha

Oct 15, 2021
Finally i received my ecopr. It was almost 3 months waiting. Hope u guys received good new soon.
- first portal mail: july 30
- portal link account: August 14, upload photo and address same day
- ecopr: nov 8
- pr card waiting

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Finally i received my ecopr. It was almost 3 months waiting. Hope u guys received good new soon.
- pr card waiting
that was a long wait for the ecopr! Congrats.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
- pr card waiting
OMG, you have to wait for three months!
I waited four month for them to send me the portal login. I got it on Nov 5 and am currently waiting for eCopr.
I don't want to wait another three month. Did you take any actions while you waited?

amsol89

Aug 18, 2021
Yes, but you are offically PR when you receive the COPR
Thank you for your response. I actually do not care when I will get the status, I expected to receive portal credentials very fast but it seems I still have to wait. But my only concern is whether my application has been approved or is still in progress after receiving the portal confirmation email... the wait and these thoughts make me anxious :((

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Thank you for your response. I actually do not care when I will get the status, I expected to receive portal credentials very fast but it seems I still have to wait. But my only concern is whether my application has been approved or is still in progress after receiving the portal confirmation email... the wait and these thoughts make me anxious :((
Your notes will show whether its approved or not. On first page final: approved

Reactions: amsol89

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Getting portal email means your application is approved. Getting CoPR is the finalization of your application and status, once you have CoPR you are officially PR, not before. But if you receive Portal email it means everything is approved.

Reactions: amsol89

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
MY timeline
Applied on June 2021
Medical approved on Mid August
Got Portal email on 4 November
got email back after 1 hr to make an account
filled address and photo
address got rejected on 8 Nov because it was business address.
Revised it same day and today 9 Nov got the COPR