+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

LoduLalit

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Yellowknife
After receiving the COPR yesterday, I'm trying to link my PR card application to GC account, I created a new GC account as my PR application was done by Consultant's account.
After entering all the details to search my application it shows "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications. "
Any idea how to solve this ?

Reactions: vvin.win

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
Hey my rep recieved 4 mails with header IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal – E... for me and 3 depedent = 4 initial mails. they are all the same but contain different PDF's - for each of us. This were initial mails - i replied on them with all required information like UCI, Dates of entry, Ports of Entry etc and still waitining for Credentials letter for this Portal web site. Aloso I selected option to create 1 account and add all dependents to it and provided only my personal email. Hope this clarifies.

all 4 PDF's start with this:

Subject line: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal
Date: May 24, 2021
Name Surname
UCI: XXXX
Application # : EXXX
Name Surname:
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.
Hello, From my understanding, this is weird to me, and it's surprising.
Why did they send a hard copy in the mail to your representative and ask you to fill this online?
Because usually, if they send you a letter through Canada Post, they would ask you to send it back with photos and others documents,(I think there is a $30 fees for the card as well) with mail post (to Syndey).

In The PDF, it is also weird that they didn't ask you about: Date of the last time entered Canada, Email, Original entry date, Location(POE).
I catch one error under Name row: should be [Given Name+(Middle Name, if you have one)+Surname]. Hopefully, it is just an abbreviation that you write down Surname Only.
However, the bottom messages are on the same page with my first email.
Hum, kinda interesting. Anyway, thanks for sharing, and all the best to you and your family.

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
Hlo guys quick question, if i got to service canada to get the sin number after eCOPR. Do i need to show them original documents of previous status like i was on vistor status after work permit expired but i have only copy of visitor visa not original document . Is there they will return me back to bring original one . Please let me know if anyone knows . Thank you
The E-COPR (Need to be Signed) and old SIN paper are the paperwork that you will have to bring it to Service Canada if you plan to visit.
Apply it online, it takes 20-25days for them to mail to you, they proceed fast(because I make a mistake with autofill, so I called them recently, and they are about to send one to me.) and are very simple. They will ask your parent's name, Old SIN #, Birthplace, your current address, nothing related to your job will be asked. I hope that helps:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasaman

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
After receiving the COPR yesterday, I'm trying to link my PR card application to GC account, I created a new GC account as my PR application was done by Consultant's account.
After entering all the details to search my application it shows "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications. "
Any idea how to solve this ?
Did you enter the info correctly? not sure about GCkey, but I try the ECAS, no PR card info in there, just state when did I land.
According to the Help Center CIC:
We removed your application from the tool
After we make a decision, we eventually remove your application from the CAS tool. The length of time depends on the type of application.

• Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
  • Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
  • Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
  • Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired
Related Linked:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=030&top=3

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, From my understanding, this is weird to me, and it's surprising.
Why did they send a hard copy in the mail to your representative and ask you to fill this online?
Because usually, if they send you a letter through Canada Post, they would ask you to send it back with photos and others documents,(I think there is a $30 fees for the card as well) with mail post (to Syndey).

In The PDF, it is also weird that they didn't ask you about: Date of the last time entered Canada, Email, Original entry date, Location(POE).
I catch one error under Name row: should be [Given Name+(Middle Name, if you have one)+Surname]. Hopefully, it is just an abbreviation that you write down Surname Only.
However, the bottom messages are on the same page with my first email.
Hum, kinda interesting. Anyway, thanks for sharing, and all the best to you and your family.
No hard copies here. And yes they asked dates POE etc in this PDF.

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
No hard copies here. And yes they asked dates POE etc in this PDF.
So you received everything in email format. Am I correct? Or did you received everything in post (Mails)?
If in emails, we are following the same steps. (you should be able to get credentials email from 1 day- 14 days.)
If not, that something new. (for the usual post to Sydney, the estimated time period is 1M-6M.)
Now, it has a more clear picture.:)

Last edited:

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
The E-COPR (Need to be Signed) and old SIN paper are the paperwork that you will have to bring it to Service Canada if you plan to visit.
Apply it online, it takes 20-25days for them to mail to you, they proceed fast(because I make a mistake with autofill, so I called them recently, and they are about to send one to me.) and are very simple. They will ask your parent's name, Old SIN #, Birthplace, your current address, nothing related to your job will be asked. I hope that helps:D
Thank you so much . One more question if I don’t receive PR card yet they issue me sin number valid till COPR is valid date. Same question about health card too

andreynitro

Jan 4, 2019
So you received everything in email format. Am I correct? Or did you received everything in post (Mails)?
If in emails, we are following the same steps. (you should be able to get credentials email from 1 day- 14 days.)
If not, that something new. (for the usual post to Sydney, the estimated time period is 1M-6M.)
Now, it has a more clear picture.:)
yeah emails haha. But still didn’t get credentials as some other folks here :(

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
Thank you so much . One more question if I don’t receive PR card yet they issue me sin number valid till COPR is valid date. Same question about health card too
You can renew/update with Service Canada again by then. There are no fees apply, and the SIN number will remain the same after PR.
I think health cards will be the same valid date.

After you get the actual PR card, I think driver's licenses and health cards can be linked together in some provinces, so you just carry one card around. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Reactions: Jasaman

vvin.win

May 18, 2021
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
sydney
App. Filed.......
28-04-2020
Doc's Request.
17-12-2020
Nomination.....
16-04-2020
AOR Received.
02-11-2020
Med's Request
03-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
26-05-2021
yeah emails haha. But still didn’t get credentials as some other folks here :(
Lol, that makes sense now. I was like why did they do this to you:confused:, it was supposed to be a different procedure.o_O
Don't worry. There are a lot of pals in this forum are being with you.
Maybe later tonight, your email alert will pop up with some good news.:D