+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Usherkelly26

Oct 13, 2022
Hi to all.. im just wondering once you received you pr confirmation do you still need to go to the border or flag pole? So that they will update your new status? Thank you..hope get some answer...

Usherkelly26

Oct 13, 2022
Can someone please confirm that the current (2023) 1st PR portal email is requesting the info in the exact template as below?

Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):
Yes it is..

Reactions: hello2020

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Can someone please confirm that the current (2023) 1st PR portal email is requesting the info in the exact template as below?

Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):
Yes

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
Hey guys
I got my ircc permanent residence confirmation email.
Could someone please tell me what should be mentioned in last place where you entered.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Can we mention the airport name as we landed there
The Airport is the last point of entry. Meaning, if you landed at Pearson intl and then took a second flight to calgary, nova scotia, etc; the point of entry would be Pearson intl. All other flights are inland.

kawal.singh

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I got my IRCC Permanent Residency confirmation email on Feb 15, 2023. I replied back to the same email with all the required information on the same day and even got an automated reply.

On Monday, Feb 20,2023, I got a new email from IRCC with the subject line : PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account which says "To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."

Since there is no credential received, how should I proceed further after this email? Should I wait for the credentials or contact IRCC on the given email ID on the invitation letter?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got my IRCC Permanent Residency confirmation email on Feb 15, 2023. I replied back to the same email with all the required information on the same day and even got an automated reply.

On Monday, Feb 20,2023, I got a new email from IRCC with the subject line : PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account which says "To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."

Since there is no credential received, how should I proceed further after this email? Should I wait for the credentials or contact IRCC on the given email ID on the invitation letter?

Thank you in advance!
The crendentials should be in the email you got before this where they says: UCI number, your name in the beginning...

prsoonest

Jan 27, 2023
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance!
You may have accidentally created a portal by yourself in the past. Think back or go on the pr portal, and put your current email and say you forgot your password or try passwords you normally use. This was my case too, but in my case, I knew I mistakenly created it. I created it in early 2022 when I was considering PNP but didn't end up applying. When I got the approval email this month after my CEC application, I just replied them with the details they asked for, and also mentioned that I previously created a portal account myself and asked if they can link my approval in it. They replied me with the exact same email you got, that a new PR confirmation case has been linked in my existing account, and I logged in and saw it there. In summary, they probably didn't create a new account for you, because you already have one linked to the email you sent them, and so there are no credentials to send you.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
You may have accidentally created a portal by yourself in the past. Think back or go on the pr portal, and put your current email and say you forgot your password or try passwords you normally use. This was my case too, but in my case, I knew I mistakenly created it. I created it in early 2022 when I was considering PNP but didn't end up applying. When I got the approval email this month after my CEC application, I just replied them with the details they asked for, and also mentioned that I previously created a portal account myself and asked if they can link my approval in it. They replied me with the exact same email you got, that a new PR confirmation case has been linked in my existing account, and I logged in and saw it there. In summary, they probably didn't create a new account for you, because you already have one linked to the email you sent them, and so there are no credentials to send you.
I didn't even realize until now that others get credentials... I also had an account under PNP and they just send me the link for the portal, I logged in, and saw my EE under Confirm your permanent residency.

kawal.singh

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Might be chances that I created an account mistakenly but when I tried login or resetting the password, it doesn't allow me to login. The error says " Incorrect email and password combination. If you have an existing account, please try again or click “Forgot your password?” to reset your password. If you do not have an existing account, you will not be able to reset your password by clicking the “Forgot your password?” link.

should I email them back, explain the scenario and provide the email ID used while creating the account so that they can link the application to access the portal?