+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hello All
1)
Today in my IRCC account, I received an information sheet. It says your process for PR is almost complete, and follow the steps in this email so that we can issue your confirmation for PR. This sheet asks me to send Passport ( not applicable to me as I am in Canada ), photos for all the applicants ( me and my family), and Height and eye color information. It also mentions I need to mail this package within 30 days.
2)
But, just after 2 hours, I received an email with the document that says my PR is approved and asked me to send details so that they could send the invitation for the portal account.
The subject of email is " IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (****) <Application number> "

I am confused. Do I still need to send the package mentioned under point 1) or do I need to send the information for point 2) and update the photo, address, and other details in the portal, once they will send the portal details to me.

Thanks

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone, me and my wife become permanent residents on March 1st. My PR card arrived last Monday, but we still did not receive my wife's. Is this normal? Do you think there may be an issue with my wife's card?
For both of us the "official status" is that they are reviewing our photos...

askingforhelp

Jan 18, 2020
Hello!
I received my PR Portal email on Friday and due to a funeral overseas, I’ll be able to respond when I’m back in Canada in 9 days.
Is there a time limit for PR Portal email that I need to respond? I worry if they will tell me that I don’t have my right to PR anymore if I reply late (9 days).

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hello!
I received my PR Portal email on Friday and due to a funeral overseas, I’ll be able to respond when I’m back in Canada in 9 days.
Is there a time limit for PR Portal email that I need to respond? I worry if they will tell me that I don’t have my right to PR anymore if I reply late (9 days).
After getting login details on ur email, u r supposed to declare, provide ur address and photo within 7 days

askingforhelp

Jan 18, 2020
After getting login details on ur email, u r supposed to declare, provide ur address and photo within 7 days
I haven’t received my login details. I only received the first email to reply and create the pr portal. They requested a few info like the original date of entry, last date of entry etc. Hence, no login details yet.

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hello All

I was wondering about the photos which we have to upload on the portal. Is it going to be as per the below link?
This link asks to provide information on the back of the photo including the date and photo studio name.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

My AOR is Jan 6th and I received the email on March 25 to provide the information and now waiting for a portal invitation.

Can I go ahead and get the picture clicked as per the specification in the link while I am waiting for a portal invitation.

Thanks

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hello All

I was wondering about the photos which we have to upload on the portal. Is it going to be as per the below link?
This link asks to provide information on the back of the photo including the date and photo studio name.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

My AOR is Jan 6th and I received the email on March 25 to provide the information and now waiting for a portal invitation.

Can I go ahead and get the picture clicked as per the specification in the link while I am waiting for a portal invitation.

Thanks
Yes, you can take the pictures using these specifications and have them ready for when you receive the portal credentials.
The sooner you upload your address and pictures, the sooner you might receive your PRs.

Reactions: Hiker11

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Yes, you can take the pictures using these specifications and have them ready for when you receive the portal credentials.
The sooner you upload your address and pictures, the sooner you might receive your PRs.
Can anyone tell me how long it takes them to send the portal invitation email? I sent the information to them on Friday.
In another thread, someone mentioned that he received his invitation within hours.

wen_rv

Apr 22, 2021
Well, you can leave but you can’t come back that easily, even with the eCORP, the ecorp doesn't allow you to come back either, you need the PR card. Or I think is a permit that you can apply for where you say that you need to leave the country in emergency situation but you don't have your PR and the Ecorp.
I just got my Ecorp yesterday, I was waiting since March 12th. So hopefully you will get yours soon and your PR card in 2 weeks after that.
Is not it possible to come back with the passport though as a visitor (my country is visitor visa exempted so all I need is my passport)? Have you received the PR card? In my portal, the phot is still in review with IRCC...

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hello everyone here
Hoping someone might have some input on my situation or anyone in same situation like myself. :(
This is so frustrating. I have to travel to India soon.
I live in GTA, guessing my IRCC office would be Etobicoke.

So, this is me and my husband's timeline after my PR application was accepted.
Happened same for me and my husband at the same time.

Received Client Portal Request to make account: 26th July 2021
Received Client Portal Credentials: 27th July 2021
Updated application details such as name, address and photo: 28th July 2021
Received ECOPR: 29th July 2021
Received review photo and retook it/updated on: 8th August 2021

Since then we both have same: PHOTO IN REVIEW. No email have been received after this.
I tried contacting IRCC, but no luck with that.
Also filled WEB FORM for requesting any update if available: Instead just received to review the email they sent on 8th August 2021.

Thank you in advance!! :)

wen_rv

Apr 22, 2021
Anyone became PR at Calgary office? I am wondering the card processing time in Calgary. I received e-CoRP last Thursday.
Also where can I find GC key to check if the card was mailed? My application was sent via a visa consultant so I have no direct access to the application page.

luna7

Jan 6, 2022
Hi everybody.

I got portal confirmation email on March 18 and I replied the very same day. Today, I am still waiting to get my credentials?

The Visa office is Montreal from which I received the confirmation email. I also called IRCC on March 25 and they told me I have to wait.

Any body who can share any experience? I am a bit worried. Thanks

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Can anyone tell me how long it takes them to send the portal invitation email? I sent the information to them on Friday.
In another thread, someone mentioned that he received his invitation within hours.
I've seen people getting it within hours, days and weeks... there's no rule, like everything else at IRCC.

Jop2022

Feb 17, 2022
Hi everybody.

I got portal confirmation email on March 18 and I replied the very same day. Today, I am still waiting to get my credentials?

The Visa office is Montreal from which I received the confirmation email. I also called IRCC on March 25 and they told me I have to wait.

Any body who can share any experience? I am a bit worried. Thanks
I am in the same situation as you. I've been waiting since March 20. Do you know of anyone who got credentials from IRCC Montreal ??

luna7

Jan 6, 2022
I am in the same situation as you. I've been waiting since March 20. Do you know of anyone who got credentials from IRCC Montreal ??
I do know of certain people who got it after 7-9 days of replying to email. Some in Feburary and one or two in March. But i do also see that Montreal office takes time as compared to other visa offices. Please stay in touch with me. Let me know when you receive credentials. I will let you know when i do.