+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR Card rules 2016

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
These days I heard of some news of rumours about PR card renewal times. Last week an Indian guy told me that he heard about a news that PRcard only can renewal twice, that means our Permanent Residence people only can hold 10 yrs pr card , we have to apply the citizenship in these 10 yrs. Otherwise we may be kicked out from Canada, by the way I m in Toronto. Dose anyone heard of these kinds of news. I dont believe that so far , and i dont want to believe that .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
maxwen856231 said:
These days I heard of some news of rumours about PR card renewal times. Last week an Indian guy told me that he heard about a news that PRcard only can renewal twice, that means our Permanent Residence people only can hold 10 yrs pr card , we have to apply the citizenship in these 10 yrs. Otherwise we may be kicked out from Canada, by the way I m in Toronto. Dose anyone heard of these kinds of news. I dont believe that so far , and i dont want to believe that .
Complete rubbish. It's not true.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
maxwen856231 said:
That's not the case, and not going to be the case.

First off, if you could not renew your status, it would not be Permanent Residency. It would be Temporary Residency, which is the case with work and study permits.

Second, one of the exemptions to the Residency Obligation is accompanying a Canadian Spouse. If you are married to a Canadian, you can live anywhere in the world with them and never lose status. If they changed it to be renewable a limited number of times, it would make things very difficult for international families. The liberals have an emphasis on "family reunification", rather than focusing on more-skilled immigrants that contribute positively to the economy. It would run completely contrary to their policies to limit the number of renewals.

So, the rumour is wrong, and the person spreading it is an idiot.