+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

buzz07

Star Member
Apr 2, 2021
Hello Guys, need a suggestion about the non-healthcare essential stream.

I have about 1350 hours of work in this category after I got my PGWP, but while I was student I have another 600 hours of job in this same category.
All these jobs were legal/reported to CIC and taxed.

Will those hours get counted? am I eligible to apply?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, you're eligible as long as you haven't counted more than 30 hours per week in a 12 month period

Reactions: mmahedihasan

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Yes, you're eligible as long as you haven't counted more than 30 hours per week in a 12 month period
Thank you very much for your reply, you gave me hope.

Just wanted to clarify, when you say 30 hours per week, do you mean each week or on average per year.
Because some weeks let's say I have worked 50 hours and some weeks I have worked 20 hours. Do I average them or only take 30 out the 30+hours ones.

Also, does this apply to both jobs before and after my PGWP.
As a note: during my study, my job was during summertime, so I was eligible to work full time then.

Thanks!

buzz07

Star Member
Apr 2, 2021

Just wanted to clarify, when you say 30 hours per week, do you mean each week or on average per year.
Because some weeks let's say I have worked 50 hours and some weeks I have worked 20 hours. Do I average them or only take 30 out the 30+hours ones.

As a note: during my study, my job was during summertime, so I was eligible to work full time then.

Thanks!
Based on what they've stated you cannot accumulate 1560 hrs in less than a year, hence regardless of the hours worked per week, max 30 hours would only count. so weeks that you've worked 40 hrs you count 30 and weeks you've worked 20 you count 20 until it all adds up to 1560 hours over the period of time you have worked.

buzz07

Star Member
Apr 2, 2021
Based on what they've stated you cannot accumulate 1560 hrs in less than a year, hence regardless of the hours worked per week, max 30 hours would only count. so weeks that you've worked 40 hrs you count 30 and weeks you've worked 20 you count 20 until it all adds up to 1560 hours over the period of time you have worked.
However, going back to the guide nothing has been mentioned about hours over 30 won't be counted and they've only stated it should have been accumulated over a 12 month period for part-time so you should be good!

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020

Thanks!
Work experience (for non-healthcare essential stream)
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include
  • most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC
You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

To calculate your hours of work experience
  • count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/who-can-apply.html

npnan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Is there a minimum work hour/week for current employment once you meet other requirement from a job experience/ previous work experience or graduation ..is 4hr/week enough to show currently employed?

hamedv90

Sep 19, 2020
Hello,
I am currently working for a company. I got a job offer which is much more better and related to my field of study and I signed it a few days ago.

Do you think that could be an issue if I quit my current job 5 days before the start work of the new position?

Thank you in advance

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hello,
I am currently working for a company. I got a job offer which is much more better and related to my field of study and I signed it a few days ago.

Do you think that could be an issue if I quit my current job 5 days before the start work of the new position?

Thank you in advance
Is this a concern for your PR or your professional life?
For PR stuff I don't see any issue changing jobs. You might want to update you Application thou.

For you professional life... it's usually common courtesy to give your current employer a 2 weeks notice. Unless you have something stated on your contract.

Reactions: Tomican

hamedv90

Sep 19, 2020
Is this a concern for your PR or your professional life?
For PR stuff I don't see any issue changing jobs. You might want to update you Application thou.

For you professional life... it's usually common courtesy to give your current employer a 2 weeks notice. Unless you have something stated on your contract.
Thanks for your answer. I mean in terms of the gap in my employment for the program (international graduates).

Gagan Mand

May 11, 2021
Can anybody help me, please
Do we need to print these forms IMM 0130, IMM 5669, IMM 5562, IMM 5406, and sign, again scan for final upload?
what we need to upload here for-Proof of entry and status in Canada.

Khuranaa

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Can anybody help me, please
Do we need to print these forms IMM 0130, IMM 5669, IMM 5562, IMM 5406, and sign, again scan for final upload?
what we need to upload here for-Proof of entry and status in Canada.
1. You does not need to sign any document
2. Your visa and stamps on passport + study or work permit