+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
In the end of the video that lady didnt really wanted to answer his question about extending graduate stream caps. Well we shall see, but as we can see other streams are filling up pretty slow.
They did not give much information , only open to guess-game again :D .

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
They did not give much information , only open to guess-game again :D .
I know :( Well I just got my English results now, I'm getting my photo done this weekend, I have my medical booked on June 2nd and my PCC from my country will probably come in the next couple of weeks. I'm really hoping they'll reopen the graduate stream again by the end of summer.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I know :( Well I just got my English results now, I'm getting my photo done this weekend, I have my medical booked on June 2nd and my PCC from my country will probably come in the next couple of weeks. I'm really hoping they'll reopen the graduate stream again by the end of summer.
I think they will reopen again to reach to their goal.
* Remember asking the studio email you your digital photo (JPEG, JPG). You may need later

Last edited:

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
HOPE .
* Remember asking the studio email you your digital photo (JPEG). You may need later
Thanks, I will do that. I have a question regarding my employment history. I worked in Austria 4 seasons, each season was 4, 5 months long. And than after 4, 5 months I'd go back to my home county and stay there for 2 months before the next work season started in Austria again. I never worked in Austria 6+ months in a row. Do you think I should request PCC from Austrian embassy? Or just attach LOE and explain that I never worked in Austria for more than 6 months in a row?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Thanks, I will do that. I have a question regarding my employment history. I worked in Austria 4 seasons, each season was 4, 5 months long. And than after 4, 5 months I'd go back to my home county and stay there for 2 months before the next work season started in Austria again. I never worked in Austria 6+ months in a row. Do you think I should request PCC from Austrian embassy? Or just attach LOE and explain that I never worked in Austria for more than 6 months in a row?
Basically, that information is in two forms imm5562 & 5669 already, since the trips were less than 6 months, not need PCC
However, an officer may request PCC for further background checking if he want it :)
Depends on your context, you should have it early, or later (when they ask you)

Last edited:

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Basically, that information is in two forms imm5562 & 5669 already, since the trips were less than 6 months, not need PCC
However, an officer may request PCC for further background checking if he want it :)
Depends on your context, you should have it early, or later (when they ask you)

Thank you again for this info. Would you suggest that I get Austrian pcc also? Just in case?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
I thought PCC's value forever if you dont go back to that country.
You are correct PCC do not expire if you haven't go back to said country.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-policy-for-international-students-april-12th-2021.728747/page-229

For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Reactions: Anya833

Kieric

Jun 30, 2020
I thought they no longer required u to take a photo at authorized places? Just simply take it at home.

buzz07

Star Member
Apr 2, 2021
You do not need to get a PCC if your stays did not exceed 6 months regardless of how many times you've been to the country.

Reactions: Anya833 and Tomican

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hello Guys, need a suggestion about the non-healthcare essential stream.

I have about 1350 hours of work in this category after I got my PGWP, but while I was student I have another 600 hours of job in this same category.
All these jobs were legal/reported to CIC and taxed.

Will those hours get counted? am I eligible to apply?

Thanks for your help!