+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Habibshahid

May 8, 2021
Hello,

I applied for the International graduate stream yesterday through a representative. Upon reviewing my submitted application, I found out that my representative filled my application with extreme carelessness. They mixed up my job titles between 2 of my current jobs. They even put the wrong number of hours at my current job (they put 40 hours instead of 30) and even put the wrong UCI number in one of my forms.

So, I decided to create a new account with my other email and filled a new application with the correct details. Luckily I was able to submit that application before the stream closed.

Now my question is, how do I withdraw my old application before it gets rejected?

I would really appreciate this if someone is able to guide me through this.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi guys,
Can someone please answer, we just realised while filling the background scehdule A form that we forgot to list some dates in my wife's personal history, can we just raise a webform later and then submit the corrected version of the form?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello,

I applied for the International graduate stream yesterday through a representative. Upon reviewing my submitted application, I found out that my representative filled my application with extreme carelessness. They mixed up my job titles between 2 of my current jobs. They even put the wrong number of hours at my current job (they put 40 hours instead of 30) and even put the wrong UCI number in one of my forms.

So, I decided to create a new account with my other email and filled a new application with the correct details. Luckily I was able to submit that application before the stream closed.

Now my question is, how do I withdraw my old application before it gets rejected?

What I have been hearing is only the first application will be accepted its your second one that they will reject. Also it wasn't allowed to let someone else actually do the submission for you. Now this raises an interesting question about how they would actually find duplicates.

Reactions: sunny1977

holo1600

Mar 2, 2021
Hello,

You should use the webform to clarify and replace the document on your submission instead of doing a duplicated application.
For express entry, it is not allowed to have a duplicated profile by the immigration law, not sure if any law is applied to this duplicated application.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=6

holo1600

Mar 2, 2021
Hi guys,
Can someone please answer, we just realised while filling the background scehdule A form that we forgot to list some dates in my wife's personal history, can we just raise a webform later and then submit the corrected version of the form?
You can, I also messed up one of my documents. And, I called IRCC, the representative said once I get the application number, I can submit a webform and document with an explanation. You should call IRCC to double-check.

Habibshahid

May 8, 2021
What I have been hearing is only the first application will be accepted its your second one that they will reject. Also it wasn't allowed to let someone else actually do the submission for you. Now this raises an interesting question about how they would actually find duplicates.
Have they stated this somewhere that only the first application will be accepted and the second one would be rejected? My representative filled in the forms for me from the information I gave them but messed up big time doing that. I submitted the documents from my own portal. I think they should be able to find the duplicates as both accounts would have the same UCI number but different emails.

I have also attached a letter of explanation in my second application that explains what exactly happened.

Would reaching out to IRCC through the web form help? If I do it once I get the application number for the first application.

trymybest

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
I did the same, they just want to check you studied legally. They should be able to verify this with your UCI number, but having a scan of your study permit should also help them see the duration of your studies.
thanks for the answer, one more question.

Do I have to do the medical checkup before or after my application is reviewed?

I don't have the IME & UMI numbers yet. Is it something that I have to create?

tm1111@

Jan 1, 2019
I have uploaded both front and back of photo. Do I need to resubmit with only front digital photo? I just checked the guidelines and it says only front.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
But that would also be down to luck. Especially if, like in your example, 30 of those 100 people threw their meals away. This is what I find so irritating here - we know there are ineligible people who applied, because they didn't even organize that properly. If you are making food for 100 people, sure you want all the food to be used and not thrown away? Because this is what is happening here.
Some people took two portions of the meal because they were worried just one wouldn’t be enough

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
thanks for the answer, one more question.

Do I have to do the medical checkup before or after my application is reviewed?

I don't have the IME & UMI numbers yet. Is it something that I have to create?
You haven’t done your medical yet? You were supposed to do it before you apply, the panel physician will give you a paper with your IME number on it

KelvinHB

Aug 29, 2020
Anyone has an idea of payment receipt? I made the payment successfully and the receipt came out after 8hrs. In order to submit the application and finish the procedure, I print out the bank confirmation that verify the payment has been charged and deducted and wrote an explanation of technical issue and uploaded these docs as receipt. Do you know that IRCC will reject my application instantly or ask for the detailed explanation since the issue came from their payment portal

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Can I update the PCC result from my country through the Webform ? I only submitted the receipt of the PCC.
Yes. One you receive the AOR you can link your application to your CIC account ( using your GCKey) and then raise a web form with the application number to update the document. Wait until you get your AOR

Reactions: khoicoma

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
I have uploaded both front and back of photo. Do I need to resubmit with only front digital photo? I just checked the guidelines and it says only front.
That is fine if you uploaded both sides of the photograph. Either way is fine as long as it is not altered and taken within kl the last ) months. It is actually always recommended to submit both front and back photo so they know when it was taken. So what you submitted works as well. Don’t worry

Reactions: tm1111@