+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I am relieved. I couldn't see any condition about being employed during the processing times in the guide. However, as we all know, when the guide was initially released, there were inconsistencies like signing/not signing the IRCC forms. So, I am anxious about it.
I am fairly certain - if anyone can find anything to contradict this, please share. But I am sure the only place I heard about having to be employed at the time of approval was from chatty lawyer. It is not like IRCC contradicting themselves with signing or not signing forms. I am pretty certain that they never mentioned this. (Though I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong; don't take my words as 100% sure. But again, this is a detail I'd remember.)

Cherem

Mar 27, 2021
I am relieved. I couldn't see any condition about being employed during the processing times in the guide. However, as we all know, when the guide was initially released, there were inconsistencies like signing/not signing the IRCC forms. So, I am anxious about it.
The guide is extremely ambiguous and my interpretation (and hope) is that you only need a job when you submit the application. I’ve seen people asking on Twitter but IRCC always reply the same thing over and over again without really making things clear.

I’m also hoping for a Bridging work permit. I know they said we can’t apply for the bridging since it is only for EE application but they also said they are thinking about creating a new one that would work the same.

_olivka_

May 7, 2021
I am fairly certain - if anyone can find anything to contradict this, please share. But I am sure the only place I heard about having to be employed at the time of approval was from chatty lawyer. It is not like IRCC contradicting themselves with signing or not signing forms. I am pretty certain that they never mentioned this. (Though I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong; don't take my words as 100% sure. But again, this is a detail I'd remember.)
I did not see any official announcement that contradicts it. People keep asking about this particular thing on Twitter and IRCC does not say anything. What confuses me was people's responses.

_olivka_

May 7, 2021
The guide is extremely ambiguous and my interpretation (and hope) is that you only need a job when you submit the application. I’ve seen people asking on Twitter but IRCC always reply the same thing over and over again without really making things clear.
Yes! I saw their questions and got confused!

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
I gotta say, the chatty lawyer is what I thought he was, just another shady lawyer. A lot of info he was putting forth ended up being contradicted by the official checklist, and also I don't see how his $300 "course" could've helped anyone considering the checklist was released for everyone to see, and the 40,000 submissions were done in a day.
He even made a video telling people not to pay in advance, which he has removed now. That was totally f'd up cuz the main problem applicants had yesterday was processing the payments. He did have some useful information for first-time PR applicants. I've never applied for FSW or CEC so I had no idea what docs were required. I had to use a myriad of existing online resources to start gathering the documents before the application guide was released on Wednesday. And luckily I did, cuz I successfully uploaded all the required documents except the PCC (I uploaded only the receipt) and submitted the application in time.

The guy knew he was not doing the most ethical thing by trying to get around the rule that representatives can't submit applications for applicants by doing this, but him trying to justify it was really annoying.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
He even made a video telling people not to pay in advance, which he has removed now. That was totally f'd up cuz the main problem applicants had yesterday was processing the payments. He did have some useful information for first-time PR applicants. I've never applied for FSW or CEC so I had no idea what docs were required. I had to use a myriad of existing online resources to start gathering the documents before the application guide was released on Wednesday. And luckily I did, cuz I successfully uploaded all the required documents except the PCC (I uploaded only the receipt) and submitted the application in time.

The guy knew he was not doing the most ethical thing by trying to get around the rule that representatives can't submit applications for applicants by doing this, but him trying to justify it was really annoying.
Yes. Imagine not being able to submit because you listened to chatty lawyer and his advice. I hope nobody got stuck with the payment yesterday.

_olivka_

May 7, 2021
Yes. Imagine not being able to submit because you listened to chatty lawyer and his advice. I hope nobody got stuck with the payment yesterday.
I kinda guessed that the payment system would crash, so I paid fees the night before the new portal launched. I cannot believe that people really recommended not to pay fees earlier :S

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
He "Lawyer Guy" told people not to pay in advance initially because it was advice from IRCC on Twitter, he said wait for the guide, when the guide came out he said we should pay ahead.
He gave decent advice I think and I just watched his YT, some people really need a lot of hand holding through these things, they cant even read simple IRCC instructions.

IRCC really created a problem with the lack of communication, some people paid lawyers thousands only to end up stuck with the payment issues as well.

Reactions: Riri15

Cherem

Mar 27, 2021
I kinda guessed that the payment system would crash, so I paid fees the night before the new portal launched. I cannot believe that people really recommended not to pay fees earlier :S
Same! Why would I listen to a shady “lawyer” on YouTube who just wants to promote his business?

Even with the official information from IRCC, there are still a lot of question unanswered. Hopefully they will figure out everything soon.

holo1600

Mar 2, 2021
I also paid before the portal launched, I was worrying the payment system would crash. And, you can get a refund anyway if not used.
I also watched the youtube lawyer, but only heared that we should follow the Guide and don't pay before the guide is up.

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
He "Lawyer Guy" told people not to pay in advance initially because it was advice from IRCC on Twitter, he said wait for the guide, when the guide came out he said we should pay ahead.
He gave decent advice I think and I just watched his YT, some people really need a lot of hand holding through these things, they cant even read simple IRCC instructions.

IRCC really created a problem with the lack of communication, some people paid lawyers thousands only to end up stuck with the payment issues as well.
IRCC's Twitter gives boilerplate answers to tweets. They don't craft individual replies to each question. The reply that the user got about not paying the fees in advance is standard as not all applications tell us to pay in advance. We are only expected to pay in advance the prompted to.

If he had taken the time to open up the link that accompanied that tweet he would've seen that the website explicitly stated that the new TR to PR pathway was one of the programs that required people to pay in advance. But instead, he was in a rush to make a video.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
IRCC's Twitter gives boilerplate answers to tweets. They don't craft individual replies to each question. The reply that the user got about not paying the fees in advance is standard as not all applications tell us to pay in advance. We are only expected to pay in advance the prompted to.

If he had taken the time to open up the link that accompanied that tweet he would've seen that the website explicitly stated that the new TR to PR pathway was one of the programs that required people to pay in advance. But instead, he was in a rush to make a video.
No, IRCC specifically said we should not pay using the payment portal in advance, the lawyer was right he said wait for guide and when it was clear we could use the receipt and payment wasnt part of the trpr portal he said pay, which is also what he told his course students.

Reactions: Riri15

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I don't think there is a requirement to be working at the time your application is approved. I know chatty lawyer talked about it, but they never mentioned it anywhere. The only post-application condition is to be in Canada when you are approved.
nothing written but i think they would want the applicants to be employed and be in canada. however, being employed at the time of application is important. it is possible that being unemployed at the time of result will be okay

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Hello guys, I submitted my application with a confirmation email. I checked my account today and tried to viewed some files, but there were some I could not download. Is it an error from the portal or something else?
without all mandatory documents, you wouldnt have been able to submit the application. so if its submitted and you have confirmation email, then all mandatory documents have been submitted.
however, there is no guarantee which document was uploaded. you should know this!