+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Spartan5

May 6, 2021
Essential job stream seems to move slow I have celpip on 9th May and it may take 5 days to get the result,so I'm hoping to apply around 14th May. Do you guys think the stream will still be open by that time?

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Essential job stream seems to move slow I have celpip on 9th May and it may take 5 days to get the result,so I'm hoping to apply around 14th May. Do you guys think the stream will still be open by that time?
I think so, its moving pretty slow, there are still a lot of spots open.

ana786

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12
File Transfer...
Oct 17
Med's Request
Nov 1
Med's Done....
Nov 7
Passport Req..
Nov 11
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24
I missed that o_O.
I only submitted an employment letter ‍♀
me too, i had 3 paystubs ready and everything but i forgot to attach it because i was stressed that the portal would crash lol oh well its all done now, hopefully they'll be a little lenient and just request for it rather than straight up refusing the application

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Quick question:

I have applied under international graduate stream. I went through the list of essential non-healthcare jobs and retails salespersons is included. I worked as travel consultant for 3 years (within the last 4 years). But travel consultant noc is not 6421 (retail salesperson). Do you guys think i would have qualified for that stream?

It doesnt matter now, im just curious.

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I just want to ask this, it seems like a number of people having problems with the medical exam requirements. Isn’t that a lot of international student had done IME already for their study permit? And IRCC doesn’t care how long ago it is as well
i think IMEs need to be recent. your health can change right? im not sure but thats my understanding.

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
me too, i had 3 paystubs ready and everything but i forgot to attach it because i was stressed that the portal would crash lol oh well its all done now, hopefully they'll be a little lenient and just request for it rather than straight up refusing the application
relax. there is no point stressing out now. lets hope they ask for documens intead of refusing the application. thousands of applicants have missed documents. im sure they will understand we had just one day to gather documents.
also if your reference letter was recent, then you should be fine.

Reactions: ana786

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I and my husband are 2 PhD graduates in engineering from a Canadian university, now on post-doc. We just were waiting for Ielts result done on 4 may. All forms and documents uploaded, medical done, applied for police certificates ....but could not finilize our application since did not recieved the ielts results by now.., no idea..., for sure there some other people like us, I think sth had to be done for us otherwise it’s very discouraging...
usually the results are available online to check within 3 days. i found out my results in 3 days, but my TRF arrived only afer 7-8 days

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I applied in the first 30 minutes and my picture is a PDF file with 2 pages: one is the back and the other is the front. I'm kind of freaking out cause they changed the requirements after I applied. How can I get in touch with the webform? There's no option for "TR to PR" pathway
relax, whats done is done. pdf with 2 pages is completely fine. i uploaded a .jpeg file with front and back in same file.

Reactions: hhzara

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Okay everybody that is freaking out because they forgot to attach a document, or not sure the format of the documents, etc - I know this is stressful, but relax!
There is nothing we can do once it's submitted, so be thankful that you were able to submit it before the cap was filled. And try to relax (I know it's easier said than done).

I also missed a document - I didnt upload my transcripts, I only uploaded my degree and letter of completion because I didn't have my transcripts.

I'm sure IRCC will understand that we only had a day to gather documents and fill out forms. So, let's hope they ask for documents (if necessary) instead of refusing applications. There are thousands of applicants who have missed a document or didn't upload everything asked. So I would like to believe that they will be understanding of this.

Now we wait. Good luck to everyone!

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Quick question:

I have applied under international graduate stream. I went through the list of essential non-healthcare jobs and retails salespersons is included. I worked as travel consultant for 3 years (within the last 4 years). But travel consultant noc is not 6421 (retail salesperson). Do you guys think i would have qualified for that stream?

It doesnt matter now, im just curious.
Temporary resident to permanent resident pathway – Who can apply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/who-can-apply.html

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I just want to say something about the stream. I don't like how we were pitted against each other, to the point of deciding who is more "worthy" of getting a PR. Let's face it: the stream was announced in the last minute, and it was mainly down to luck (who had language results ready, who managed to book a spot, etc.) I can't fault anyone who happened to have their language results ready. Furthermore, these are all university graduates - not "low skill" immigrants. Just because someone happens to work at a fast food joint at the moment, doesn't mean they are low skill.

However, I feel that there was something profoundly unfair about this stream. It was announced last minute and many highly skilled immigrants who have NOC 0, A or B jobs didn't get to apply. Because of this, I feel the only fair thing to do would be to keep CEC-only draws in the future or to make application easier for these candidates. Don't leave us hanging just because we didn't happen to have our language test ready on the day this stream opened. My wife has a PhD from a Canadian university and teaches at the university. She is highly qualified and with a skilled job all throughout the pandemic. And I know she is not alone in terms of highly skilled candidates that we know Canada wants to attract. I feel these candidates deserve a chance to apply and not to have to compete with months of outland candidates and unreasonably high scores.