+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
uploaded document submitted yesterday one document is showing failed to download can’t view what’ll might be the issue?
Was this Imm5669e form? My relative has same issue. We uploaded everything correctly but this one form does not open for some reason. Wondering if IRCC will reject the app or request this form later because it really seems like some sort of a glitch that corrupted the form when being uploaded.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I just want to ask this, it seems like a number of people having problems with the medical exam requirements. Isn’t that a lot of international student had done IME already for their study permit? And IRCC doesn’t care how long ago it is as well
Seem so too, because why else would they be willing to let people submit x-year old medicals, but wont let people with two weeks expired language tests apply for the streams? Are people more likely to lose their ability in language skills in two years than they are to get one of the inadmissible medical conditions? Somehow I doubt it.

Reactions: mpham123

Kieric

Jun 30, 2020
I never said not to apply for this program if you can, I'm saying if you have an advanced degree and are capable of getting a skilled job then you do not have anything to worry about. Those who qualify as 'high skilled' can ultimately get CEC down the line. However, those diploma graduates who are working at McDonalds do not have a hope for CEC if FSW draws include outland applicants. This is their best hope of getting PR status which has been brought on by the pandemic. The govt. seems to be making up numbers from external applicants by opening up the criteria to lower levelled inside Canada applicants.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe to qualify for CEC applicants must be under NOC 0,A,B right? If that s the case then most of jobs at McDonald are not eligible regardless of the return of FSW.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
About CEC: Yes, many of us are or soon will be eligible. But we don't know if there would be changes. The main problem for my wife and me is the age. Highly skilled job, PhD, etc. but still around 440 points. This is fine now, but will it be when my wife completes 1 year of experience in September?

I don't blame anyone for applying here. We would have, too, had she received her language test results.

Kieric

Jun 30, 2020
No offense to anyone, but I hope Gov will open more slots for Student stream soon, because I believe a large number of successful applicants are also eligible for other streams like CEC and FSW, which means there are less slots open for anyone with NOC C,D etc. My friend is struggling to apply for a NOC B job and she was not able to book an english test soon enough to apply for this student stream, and I bet there are a lot of similar cases out there.

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
I just want to ask this, it seems like a number of people having problems with the medical exam requirements. Isn’t that a lot of international student had done IME already for their study permit? And IRCC doesn’t care how long ago it is as well
I didnt have to do medicals when i had my study permit, and for both times at that. Now it is the 1st time im doing medicals for this pr thing.

Reactions: mpham123

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
Seem so too, because why else would they be willing to let people submit x-year old medicals, but wont let people with two weeks expired language tests apply for the streams? Are people more likely to lose their ability in language skills in two years than they are to get one of the inadmissible medical conditions? Somehow I doubt it.
I guess what Ircc intention is to lower the strain on medical clinic. IELTS center can handle the flood of people booking a test, but clinic should be reserved for patients.
And since IELTS is eligibility and IME is admissibility, so they can ask it if required per case.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
No offense to anyone, but I hope Gov will open more slots for Student stream soon, because I believe a large number of successful applicants are also eligible for other streams like CEC and FSW, which means there are less slots open for anyone with NOC C,D etc. My friend is struggling to apply for a NOC B job and she was not able to book an english test soon enough to apply for this student stream, and I bet there are a lot of similar cases out there.
Immigration is not a charity, it's meant to benefit the country not the immigrant. Under normal circumstances IRCC only wants the best of the best. This pandemic has exposed EE's flaws, and among other things, that you can't run a country only with highly skilled people, IRCC knows this and they ended up creating this news stream ultimately only because they have an immigration quota to meet.

Some CEC applicants have applied for this pathway even after having an AOR, but you can't ask people with NOC A or B jobs that still don't meet the requirements for CEC (either because of a couple weeks or because a few months) to "not apply" because as much as it annoys us, IRCC is not very transparent with their plans and it's impossible to know if next draw will invite FSW workers too.

Imagine you're eligible for this stream, and you'll become eligible for CEC in June. Let's say you decide not to apply for the pathway despite having all the documents ready. June comes and you realize FSW draws have resumed, scores have skyrocketed to +480 while your score is in the low 400's. Unless CEC-only draws resume again, you'll be stuck without PR.

Varunp

Apr 25, 2021
I sent the employment reference letter showing that I only work 5 hours a week, I attached pat stub as well, I hope that’s enough to prove that I am currently employed. Caps have been filled. Best of luck to everyone it has been a crazy week.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Nope, but judging by the portal it looks like we might start seeing AORs next week, according to cicnews, this stream will be processed on a first come, first served basis.

We don’t know if that’ll be considering the 90k allocation or if they’ll process by stream.

Being within the first 1000 applicants of the International graduate stream might not be the same as being in the first 1000 of the 90k.

Last edited:
Reactions: _frankenstein

aashxk72

Dec 1, 2019
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.
I have a work permit but there is a line that says.
this document does not confer temporary resident status.
Whay does it mean?

Predat0r

Apr 27, 2021
I
Nope, but judging by the portal it looks like we might start seeing AORs next week, according to cicnews, this stream will be processed on a first come, first served basis.

We don’t know if that’ll be considering the 90k allocation or if they’ll process by stream.

Being within the first 1000 applicants of the International graduate stream might not be the same as being in the first 1000 of the 90k.
I hope they process by stream…

aashxk72

Dec 1, 2019
I have a work permit there is a line that says.
this document does not confer temporary resident status.
What does it mean?