+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
You mean for the *unskilled* workers who could not have achieved 75 points in February? Or the *unskilled* workers who have more than 405 points but can't qualify for the CEC because they haven't finished 12 months of work in Canada?

With cut off scores ranging between 75 and 405 for CEC, calling this temporary public policy one for unskilled workers is a bit much.
This, I'll have +470 points under CEC in a few weeks. I'm applying for this simply because I had all my documents ready and even if the processing capacity for this stream is inferior to CEC, there's a lot less scrutiny as well.

Also, if you check CEC processing times it says 6 months, but right below that it says they're finishing processing June 2020 applications...while some January 2021 applications have been already approved.

Nothing guarantees processing times anymore, for this stream we know it'll take at most 6-12 months, and this includes people who just graduated and otherwise would have to wait a year just to be able to qualify for CEC. IRCC has hinted there'll be changes to EE, not everyone can afford to wait and see if those changes benefit them or hurt their chances.

Reactions: hhzara

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
You mean for the *unskilled* workers who could not have achieved 75 points in February? Or the *unskilled* workers who have more than 405 points but can't qualify for the CEC because they haven't finished 12 months of work in Canada?

With cut off scores ranging between 75 and 405 for CEC, calling this temporary public policy one for unskilled workers is a bit much.
I laughed when I saw that post. I will qualify for FSW when my Canadian degree is awarded in three weeks with CRS over 470 and CEC in August of Over 490, but these are all just 'unskilled' people. That is even ignoring the fact that IRCC themselves have reiterated that this will process 40k+ applications by the end of this year.

Reactions: hhzara

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Express Entry is better than this new pathway in my opinion. If you are a skilled candidate that is and from the sound of it you are. Why? because CEC applications will be processed within 6 months or thereabouts whereas with this program it may take years for everything to be fully processed. This program is for the unskilled workers that could not have achieved CEC points. Like PNPs, this stream may have upwards of 22months for processing.
Really? In that case nothing to lose for us... I thought that the processing time with this one is much shorter as the requirements seems less so need less time to assess.

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
Express Entry is better than this new pathway in my opinion. If you are a skilled candidate that is and from the sound of it you are. Why? because CEC applications will be processed within 6 months or thereabouts whereas with this program it may take years for everything to be fully processed. This program is for the unskilled workers that could not have achieved CEC points. Like PNPs, this stream may have upwards of 22months for processing.
Looks like I'm one of those "unskilled" workers. I would have 480++ points comes this December, but I still applied anyway. Any sensible person would apply if they qualify for this pathway. Why would I wait till December to apply for CEC when I could apply for this? And CEC processing time could be longer than 6 months as well

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Looks like I'm one of those "unskilled" workers. I would have 480++ points comes this December, but I still applied anyway. Any sensible person would apply if they qualify for this pathway. Why would I wait till December to apply for CEC when I could apply for this? And CEC processing time could be longer than 6 months as well
I never said not to apply for this program if you can, I'm saying if you have an advanced degree and are capable of getting a skilled job then you do not have anything to worry about. Those who qualify as 'high skilled' can ultimately get CEC down the line. However, those diploma graduates who are working at McDonalds do not have a hope for CEC if FSW draws include outland applicants. This is their best hope of getting PR status which has been brought on by the pandemic. The govt. seems to be making up numbers from external applicants by opening up the criteria to lower levelled inside Canada applicants.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I laughed when I saw that post. I will qualify for FSW when my Canadian degree is awarded in three weeks with CRS over 470 and CEC in August of Over 490, but these are all just 'unskilled' people. That is even ignoring the fact that IRCC themselves have reiterated that this will process 40k+ applications by the end of this year.
Do you know when FSW draws with all applicants will commence again? If so, please share with the rest of us. Looks like you have some insider information. With 470 you wouldn't be selected for months probably so until you get your CEC experience, you don't even qualify. Not sure why you are getting so boisterous.

Last edited:

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
2. Proof of Current Employment in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you are currently employed in Canada.

You must submit the following as proof:

• A copy of your work permit(s) in Canada (if applicable), and
  • An employer reference letter from your current employer.The letter must include:
    • location of work
    • specific period of your employment (to/from dates)
    • description of your main responsibilities and duties
    • your total annual salary and benefits
    • the number of hours you work per week
    • your employer's name, signature, full address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
You must also include your most recent pay stubs.
C’mooon! Not only most recent paystubs. Read carefully the instruction guide. A lot of options to choose from:

You must also include:

• Copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (if applicable); or
  • Work contracts; or
  • Pay stubs

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I never said not to apply for this program if you can, I'm saying if you have an advanced degree and are capable of getting a skilled job then you do not have anything to worry about. Those who qualify as 'high skilled' can ultimately get CEC down the line. However, those diploma graduates who are working at McDonalds do not have a hope for CEC if FSW draws include outland applicants. This is their best hope of getting PR status which has been brought on by the pandemic. The govt. seems to be making up numbers from external applicants by opening up the criteria to lower levelled inside Canada applicants.
It's not just the diploma graduates, a lot of people won't qualify if outland applicants are included. There's no question about that. It's only when outland applicants were excluded that cut off scores dropped.
The diploma graduates working at McDonald's may have age on their side, they may also be shift supervisors which is a NOC B job. I don't understand why CEC applicants are the only ones who are *highly skilled* all of a sudden.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Do you know when FSW draws with all applicants will commence again? If so, please share with the rest of us. Looks like you have some insider information. With 470 you wouldn't be selected for months probably so until you get your CEC experience, you don't even qualify. Not sure why you are getting so boisterous.
Says the guy assuming this is for low-skilled workers when 80% of the essential HC workers are some of the most skilled occupations in the NOC classifications. I myself work in one of these 'skilled' HC streams and applied under that because, you never know, any thing from loss of job, bad illness, or any unplanned change of circumstance can potentially hurt my chances of applying for the standard immigration stream in the three months that I have planned. The point is many people, including some of those who applied for CEC applied for these streams.

But @tapperb our all-knowing friend and IRCC spokesperson thinks otherwise so...

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
I just want to ask this, it seems like a number of people having problems with the medical exam requirements. Isn’t that a lot of international student had done IME already for their study permit? And IRCC doesn’t care how long ago it is as well

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
C’mooon! Not only most recent paystubs. Read carefully the instruction guide. A lot of options to choose from:

You must also include:

• Copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (if applicable); or
  • Work contracts; or
  • Pay stubs
I missed that o_O.
I only submitted an employment letter ‍♀