+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

_olivka_

May 7, 2021
Hi guys,
Do we need to keep our job after submitting our applications? I had a six-month contract that will terminate at the end of June.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
plus a job offer match with the education level for the next year which could be challenging due to pandemic...
Your work doesn't need to match your education to be eligible for CEC. All you need is a NOC 0, A, or B job regardless of what you studied.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I was talking about express entry...
Express Entry is better than this new pathway in my opinion. If you are a skilled candidate that is and from the sound of it you are. Why? because CEC applications will be processed within 6 months or thereabouts whereas with this program it may take years for everything to be fully processed. This program is for the unskilled workers that could not have achieved CEC points. Like PNPs, this stream may have upwards of 22months for processing.

Reactions: Mae.Will

aprsn30

May 7, 2021
Question about police certificates: according to the website, we need to submit certificates for countries where we have spent six or more months in a row in the last 10 years (or since the age of 18 for younger people).

I am Indian, but I have not spent more than a month or so in India since 2010 since I have been living abroad (in Europe till 2015 before moving to Canada). I am still applying for a police clearance certificate in case I am asked to provide it later (in the Francophone stream, so I have more time), but I was wondering if I needed to submit the police clearance from India along with my application. I was hoping that just showing proof that I have applied would be enough.

Is anyone in a similar situation? Thoughts?

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Express Entry is better than this new pathway in my opinion. If you are a skilled candidate that is and from the sound of it you are. Why? because CEC applications will be processed within 6 months or thereabouts whereas with this program it may take years for everything to be fully processed. This program is for the unskilled workers that could not have achieved CEC points. Like PNPs, this stream may have upwards of 22months for processing.
IRCC said they plan to process 40,000 applications from TR to PR by the end of the year (if they stick to their promise).

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
You mean for the *unskilled* workers who could not have achieved 75 points in February? Or the *unskilled* workers who have more than 405 points but can't qualify for the CEC because they haven't finished 12 months of work in Canada?

With cut off scores ranging between 75 and 405 for CEC, calling this temporary public policy one for unskilled workers is a bit much.

Reactions: kloppity

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You mean for the *unskilled* workers who could not have achieved 75 points in February? Or the *unskilled* workers who have more than 405 points but can't qualify for the CEC because they haven't finished 12 months of work in Canada?

With cut off scores ranging between 75 and 405 for CEC, calling this temporary public policy one for unskilled workers is a bit much.
You do realize that anyone not NOC 0,A,B do not qualify for CEC?

Reactions: jiaxuanz

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
You do realize that anyone not NOC 0,A,B do not qualify for CEC?
Of course. Not having the NOC requirement doesn't mean that the applicants are unskilled. You only have to read through this thread to see that. Plus, for the international graduate stream everyone needs a credential, just that should be worth close to the 75 points or more for the February CEC draw.
My point is, this year has shown that the word skilled for immigration has lost its meaning.