+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Imagine being the 40000th applicant who submits. and being the 40001 and trying to submit. OOF.
We're less than 1000 applications away from this happening, we might even hit the 40k mark around lunch break, I don't think the stream is going to stay open for much longer.

The other streams I'm confident will stay open for a few weeks at least, once the student stream closes some people will probably cancel their IELTS which will leave some room for everyone who wanted to apply to the other streams but didn't have their IELTS ready.

Another possibility is that incomplete applications result in a spot opening, in that case I'm pretty sure at least a 5% of the applications will be returned as incomplete.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
We're less than 1000 applications away from this happening, we might even hit the 40k mark around lunch break, I don't think the stream is going to stay open for much longer.

The other streams I'm confident will stay open for a few weeks at least, once the student stream closes some people will probably cancel their IELTS which will leave some room for everyone who wanted to apply to the other streams but didn't have their IELTS ready.
I am hoping that is the case for medicals as well because mine is scheduled for June 15th but there aren't any openings in May.

Another possibility is that incomplete applications result in a spot opening, in that case I'm pretty sure at least a 5% of the applications will be returned as incomplete.
I am expecting more than 5% given what we saw in the forum (I expect people in the forum to be more prepared than the avg candidate, so more likely theres's lots more that are rejected).

saychisan

May 7, 2021
Hello guys,
I read on WES website that we should only send in our highest level of qualification for evaluation, so i sent in only my post graduate diploma since it's higher than my bachelors. Do i still need to send in my bachelors for evaluation so that i can get the point for two or more certificate for express entry, or it will be indicated in my Post graduate diploma evaluation report that i have done a diploma.??

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I bet 10 or 20% of applicants will be refused due to incomplete documents. There can be some reasons:
- Not having at least 2 year credential certificate
- Reference letter was not dated as May 06
- Photos not taken from the studio
- Medical exam and PCCC

Auroraca

Apr 20, 2021
Yes, use that letter, it clearly says IRCC authorization to work any hours etc.
Bro, what letter you are talking about? I only received the Confirmation letter when I submit, but IRCC only confirms the date on the letter, nothing mention about authorization to work?

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello guys,
I read on WES website that we should only send in our highest level of qualification for evaluation, so i sent in only my post graduate diploma since it's higher than my bachelors. Do i still need to send in my bachelors for evaluation so that i can get the point for two or more certificate for express entry, or it will be indicated in my Post graduate diploma evaluation report that i have done a diploma.??
you should post your question in the EE thread.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
I bet 10 or 20% of applicants will be refused due to incomplete documents. There can be some reasons:
- Medical exam and PCCC
- There is no requirement for the reference letter to be dated May 6th. It just has to be recent.
- They removed the photo stamping requirements from the guide. They're fine with digital photos. This happened yesterday afternoon.
- We don't need medical exam and PCC to submit, but we need proof that we applied for them.

Just want to correct this for anyone else reading and thinking of applying rn.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
- There is no requirement for the reference letter to be dated May 6th. It just has to be recent.
- They removed the photo stamping requirements from the guide. They're fine with digital photos. This happened yesterday afternoon.
- We don't need medical exam and PCC to submit, but we need proof that we applied for them.

Well it changed a lot since last time I read the requirements. The medical exam and PCCC needed proof

Reactions: potatohead

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
- Medical exam and PCCC
What is this reference letter?

mgupta41

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017

What is this reference letter?