+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
I was not able to submit my T4s and MY paystub since there was only one field, but I was able to submit very detailed reference letter from employer showing my duties and responsibilities, hours per week, salary, my job tittle and the NOC code, when I got employed which was sep 20, 2020, address and employer

My reference letter was dated today(06 May 2021) actually because my manger sent it to me today morning. Does this make things any better?

Am I in for a rude disaster?

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I believe my application is 99% perfect except missing some requirements on proof of employment. The annual salary and work hours should be included but I am holding a short-term contract which will be renewed every time it is expired, and the work hours per week has been adjusted frequently due to COVID during my work and I cannot provide the number for both of them. My lawyer reassured me it shouldn't be a big issue, and the other parts are perfect. Hope it wouldn't bother me so much. What do you guys think? FINGER CROSSED.
My employment letter did not include the annual salary and benefits because the application guide came in so last minute. But I attached my recent paystubs that shows the hourly rate as well as other components of the salary so I'm hoping the officer can refer to that.

tyun

May 6, 2021
do you guys use the same account for application and payment? I can enter the pay log in page but cannot go far more, not sure if i should register a new account

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
I was not able to submit my T4s and MY paystub since there was only one field, but I was able to submit very detailed reference letter from employer showing my duties and responsibilities, hours per week, salary, my job tittle and the NOC code, when I got employed which was sep 20, 2020, address and employer

My reference letter was dated today(06 May 2021) actually because my manger sent it to me today morning. Does this make things any better?

Am I in for a rude disaster?
Either T4 (for essential workers stream) or Paystub are requirements, not to scare you but I think they’re quite important. Something they didn’t use the word “must” can be exempted, like Job Offer

Great_Galaxy

Aug 28, 2019
My employment letter did not include the annual salary and benefits because the application guide came in so last minute. But I attached my recent paystubs that shows the hourly rate as well as other components of the salary so I'm hoping the officer can refer to that.
Same do I, I have my pay stubs ready as well with biweekly hours and the rate, hope it works.

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
For those under essential workers stream, how do you show proof of qualifying work experience? I interpreted it to mean showing proof of having worked at least 1 year.

For my past employment, I attached the employment reference letter, plus the ROEs that shows the hours worked (I used the ROEs when I applied for EI). (On hindsight, maybe I should have just used the T4).

For my current employment, as I had only started in November 2020, the T4 may not reflect more hours of work done up till today, so I attached an Excel spreadsheet where I have been recording my timesheet showing hours worked till today. I also attached the employment letter that mentions I'm permanently employed.

pedropsb

May 6, 2021
do you guys use the same account for application and payment? I can enter the pay log in page but cannot go far more, not sure if i should register a new account
Yes, I also spent a lot of time trying to use the same password I had set up before, but you have to register for an account on the IRCC payment website. Took me a while to set up email, password, security questions and the worst of all, verify the account by typing a code received on the email.

Reactions: tyun

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Either T4 (for essential workers stream) or Paystub are requirements, not to scare you but I think they’re quite important. Something they didn’t use the word “must” can be exempted, like Job Offer
Hello, I am in the graduate stream. Does that make any difference?

mpham123

Mar 7, 2021
s
Hello, I am in the graduate stream. Does that make any difference?
As the guide stated, you would be required a reference letter with all details of your job, a copy of your work permit (if provided), and recent pay stubs. Job Offer is not required as it is not a strong proof that you're currently employed, T4 only for the previous year so it is not mandatory for this stream.

Last edited:

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I got a reference letter and pay stubs but my reference letter didn't state my salary and job duties. I also have another letter which states just my salary, and then my job offer letter from 2-3 months ago which states salary, hours, job title etc. For job duties, I couldnt get a letter from HR but I got my manager to make a document which stated my job duties. Would this suffice? (Also have pay stubs from last week)