+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
How do you guys save "imm0130e" file after completing? It doesn't let me to save anything, so I guess I have to print it and scan it again.

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
They were wrong about fees on twitter, so a safer option is printing and signing.
I think they just didn't want people to pay for the wrong amount. It's essentially the same amount though. The receipt doesn't mention the program, just the amount paid. I assume you can use any unused 1050 cad receipt for this pathway (but not sure why anyone who have one lying around)

But I do agree. It's safer to sign the forms that don't need validation. You probably can't have "Twitter said so" in your rejection dispute

Reactions: rambag98

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Attention MAC-OS user who are either struggling with "PRINT and E-SIGN" with IRCC PDFs or need to append extra pages to those PDFs. Here is the solution. Open the IRCC PDFs in WINDOWS Acrobat Reader and then PRINT to save as PDF. Then bring those newly saved PDFs back to MAC-OS and use regular PREVIEW app to edit/annotate/e-sign/append etc.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Attention MAC-OS user who are either struggling with "PRINT and E-SIGN" with IRCC PDFs or need to append extra pages to those PDFs. Here is the solution. Open the IRCC PDFs in WINDOWS Acrobat Reader and then PRINT to save as PDF. Then bring those newly saved PDFs back to MAC-OS and use regular PREVIEW app to edit/annotate/e-sign/append etc.
Or just download Adobe Reader for Mac OS.

Preview absolutely destroys IRCC’s PDF forms but they’ve always worked with Adobe Reader even on Mac OS.

Reactions: rambag98

Gotham07

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Everyone, I have two following questions for the program:

1. How long is the processing time.
2. did they introduce anything similar to BOWP for this program.

Thank you.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Guys I think its important if you read about this too, immigrants are put under extreme pressure here in Canada to get PR. Here is the article:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/thousands-left-out-of-plan-to-give-workers-permanent-residency-migrant-rights-network-1.5414144

In the article you can read that 6 international students committed suicide due to extreme stress of immigration, that really upsets me on a personal level. And for what? For a peace of paper! It just makes me upset, you come here, spend so much money for 2, 3 year of schooling and than you need to get out of the country, because obtaining PR is for a lot of people super hard. That just shows you how broken the system is and unfair to so many. And please dont tell me that Canada has a lot of immigration streams and its super easy, if it would be so super easy, we wouldnt have a mess that we have now. And we wouldnt have more than a million people right now in Canada who dont have any status at all. So something must be seriously wrong here. Nobody is coming to Canada in 2021 anyway, very small numbers, they should let everybody in and give people deserved PR, who is currently in Canada IS WORKING AND PAYING TAXES!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fabiog and ALsw1989

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have two following questions for the program:

1. How long is the processing time.
2. did they introduce anything similar to BOWP for this program.

Thank you.
Take this with a grain of salt, what I know or read on this forum is that people were saying that IRCC wont give you an option for BOWP via this new stream and that the applications will get processed in year 2022, so its goin to be pretty slow in comparison to CEC stream that is linked with Express Entry where applications are being processed in a matter of 6 months. But again, I don't know if that is 100% true.

amansohana

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
on twitter IRCC is responding that you need to give biometrics for PR application even if your previous biometrics are valid.
some people are confused.
following is the response on IRCC website.
Who is exempt from biometrics
Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re both of the following:
  • in Canada
  • applying or have an application in progress
    • to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
    • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
    • for a work or study permit
    • for a visitor visa
    • for a temporary resident permit
This exemption applies even if
  • your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This exemption does not apply if you’re outside Canada.
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:
  • already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Would this be the case for IMM-5669 as well? In the "Personal History" section, do we put "Ongoing" in the "To" field of our current employment? I tried and it worked but not sure if that's the correct approach since the guide only mentions putting "Ongoing" for IMM-0130

Thanks for lighting-round answering all these questions early in the morning!
Where is the guide of 0130 form ? Link, please . Thanks