+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
For addresses where we lived, should we repeat an address? My wife would spend summers in the home country while studying in Canada.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
For form IMM 008, the current country of residence, I'm on IMPLIED STATUS. Should I select OTHER and write Student, implied status. I believe this is the best thing that mentions my situation because I have to provide dates!
Please HELP guys.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Can someone help? What do we do about overlapping things in our personal history? Do we have to write both student and worker for some periods? My wife was a teaching assistant while studying. Does this have to go on personal history?

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
If someone applied for an extension of the work permit, are they on implied status or authorization to work?

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
Hello all, under public policy - international graduates , can we add a spouse who is outside of Canada as a dependent accompanying to Canada?

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
For addresses where we lived, should we repeat an address? My wife would spend summers in the home country while studying in Canada.
I saw you asked a few questions about address and travel history so I'll explain both here.

Basically they need to know where you were for every day of the last 10 years. So you need to understand the travel history form in the context of your addresses table in the background document.

So for example, if in your addresses you have from 2015-01 to 2016-01 you lived in 123 Street Avenue, Toronto then you don't need to put that in your travel history. Put every other travel other than that. If you went to Paris for a week in 2015-03, then only put that - don't put Toronto from 2015-01 to 2015-03 and then again Toronto from 2015-03 to 2016-01. Because they'll correctly assume that if you weren't traveling then you were at your address. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

I personally put every trip back home as well because my parents' home is not in my addresses table. So if I went to see my family for the summer in 2016, I put 2016-07 to 2016-08 went to home country for tourism. I looked around the web for this info and a lot of people suggested doing this. Just keep in mind that you are completing your addresses table with the travel record table.

To answer your other question (teaching and studying at the same time), if she was a resident in Canada and has an address for those dates, then you don't need to put that in your travel history. In other cases, you can put anything for purpose of travel. For example, I have a 2 day trip between two other trips and I just put "layover" because I left the airport and stayed one night to get a better price for my other ticket but it's technically a trip because I have entry and exit stamps. But it's not really tourism so I put the real purpose. Since it's not a dropdown, just put whatever best describes the nature of your trip.

Reactions: SatNight

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
Can someone help? What do we do about overlapping things in our personal history? Do we have to write both student and worker for some periods? My wife was a teaching assistant while studying. Does this have to go on personal history?
Just have overlapping rows, I think. Then explain in your letter of explanation. Have a row for studying, then have another row for the same dates but for working. Status for both would be study permit. Then explain that she was working on a study permit at the same university she was studying at,

Reactions: SatNight

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Could anyone please tell me if a CEC applicant who submitted their application and received both ITA and AOR already, can apply for this new policy that will be opening tomorrow?

Thank you.
Don't. You are just going to delay your application further. Remember the UCI (Client ID) code is still the same. Your profile will show two applications

Raj_01

Oct 8, 2018
Hey guys.. how you’re signing the documents? I wasn’t able to put my signatures in.. does it mean I have to print it then sign and scan again?

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Guys, a couple of questions:

1. IMM0008 - Consent to release information to intended province/territory
I can't type in my name because the form doesn't allow me to. Do I just leave this section blank?

Im talking about this part:

"I (first name, last name) _________ on behalf of myself and ... "

2. IMM0130 - TR to PR pathway
If I am applying through the International grad stream, do i need to fill out Section 5 (Past Canadian Work Experience)? Or do I leave it blank?

3. Have they provided the link for the application portal tomorrow? Any idea on where this info will be posted?

Thank you!
For your first Q, you dont need to sign as per the instructions on the website. You will be able to sign electronically. Q2: That part is for A and B streams. Please take your time to fill the forms

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Other than IMM0008, are you guys printing and signing the other forms? For some reason I can not edit the other forms to electronically add a signature, and I can't even save IMM0130 so i'm guessing they expect to sign it manually and then scan it.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
You can save IMM0130 - go to print and choose PDF printer or whatever is called. But yes, it will need to be signed manually.

Auroraca

Apr 20, 2021
For form IMM 008, the current country of residence, I'm on IMPLIED STATUS. Should I select OTHER and write Student, implied status. I believe this is the best thing that mentions my situation because I have to provide dates!
Please HELP guys.
Same to me. Any expert, please advise!