+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
No idea. My wife's language test is on the 7th, which means that we could only apply on the 11-12, when the results arrive. So I hope it stays open at least for a few weeks!

Reactions: Anya833

forhad2021

May 3, 2021
Hello all,
This might sound a dumb question.

Could you please let me know where I have to create the account to apply for international student stream.
Please post the link.

Thanks a lot

Reactions: KJ2902

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I believe there's 2 steps: eligibility and admissibility (which includes criminal, medical, and security checks). If you're not clearly eligible, you'll get rejected. But when you pass that step, they can ask for extra information to check for admissibility.

I just filled the form and paid so we'll see. The thing is, I don't have Emirates ID. I never had. So it gave me a biometrics sheet to fill and send by post. But it still let me pay. I'm going to get my fingerprints and do all of the required authentications in the meantime but I hope they just send me my certificate by email within 24 hours.
You can ignore the biometric. I even got that when i filled Emirates ID. If you uploaded your visa, they'll probably issue the pcc.

Reactions: barefoot00

waifuwars

Oct 5, 2020
Random question: Do I need a police certificate from my home country or Canada if I moved here when I was 17? Haven't been back for more than 6 months in a row and I think you don't need it for EE in my case or is this the case for all immigration applications

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Random question: Do I need a police certificate from my home country or Canada if I moved here when I was 17? Haven't been back for more than 6 months in a row and I think you don't need it for EE in my case or is this the case for all immigration applications
No

Lakhpreet

Apr 29, 2021
Ah...Just paid for the application. I guess there's no going back now.

I honestly don't think the stream for IG will close within a day, mostly because of IELTS, but the system will crash for sure so paying upfront feels like a good idea considering the payment portal stopped working for a few days last week.

Other than that, 1 week to go guys. Since the payment portal is up, we might get lucky and see the program page uploaded (not accepting registrations though) soon either tomorrow or early next week.
Can i get payment link plz ?

Raj_01

Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys.. I am planning to apply under recent graduate stream.. I am on work permit and employed right now but I don’t have TRV yet although I have applied for it… does it affect my eligibility?

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
You can ignore the biometric. I even got that when i filled Emirates ID. If you uploaded your visa, they'll probably issue the pcc.
Omg they just emailed me my PCC within 6 hours! I've been trying to line up the whole biometrics and embassy authorization process for a week now, thinking I'd have to fill the online request after I send the biometrics but today I just filled the service request (with my expired visa) and they just emailed it lol. Such a relief! This e-government stuff is really cool and Dubai is really one of the best in this regard

Reactions: SatNight

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
I submitted a PCC when I got my study permit and since then, I haven't lived outside of Canada for 6 months in a row. They've never asked for it again and they mention how if you've not lived there or currently live there then it's okay if it's expired (but may ask for it). Can they not access it from your files?

I booked a fingerprint appointment as soon as I found out about this program but I have to get the prints, have them notarized, have them legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, then have that legalized by the UAE embassy in Toronto, and then mail it to Dubai police. My fingerprint appointment is on May 13th and most of the process after that is by mail. Easily between a month to two months.

If they ask, I want to submit a LOE but it's kind of stressing me out. It's the only document I don't have.

It's a pretty ruthless program, if you think about it. You either have everything lined up or you don't get it. It's essentially designed to get 90'000 applications they can process before the year ends to meet targetsM
If you have your Emirates ID ,you don’t need to go through the fingerprint and can apply on line as that’s what I did and received it in 24 hours

Auroraca

Apr 20, 2021
So eventually, what do you guys think when the DATE on the Work experience letter should be? May 4th, May 5th or May 6th?