+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I personally paid upfront because I'm confident I can apply as soon as the stream opens and I don't trust IRCC's website so much...Last week the payment portal was down for a couple days, it'd really suck to be ready to apply but having the website crash like I'm expecting it'll happen.
Well if you have all the basic documents than I'd probably do the same. But in my case I'll get my language results back on the 16th or 17th so I'm not sure if the stream will be still open. I don't want to loose my money. I agree with you on web site crashing, I think what will happen is that people might be able to start submitting their applications on may 8th or 7th. We shall see, I really hope it'll remain open for at least 14 days.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
You are in a different situation, @Frisk. You have all documents ready. We cannot apply before 11-12.
40k doesn't seem like a lot, but many people interested on applying are either students (hence, looking to apply for the worker stream) or people that didn't expect to apply for PR soon hence don't have their test results. I doubt a lot it'll fill within a day, I'm more inclined to think 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: SatNight

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
40k doesn't seem like a lot, but many people interested on applying are either students (hence, looking to apply for the worker stream) or people that didn't expect to apply for PR soon hence don't have their test results. I doubt a lot it'll fill within a day, I'm more inclined to think 3-4 weeks.
I sure hope so it'll fill up in 3, 4 weeks so me and wife from SatNight and many others can apply.

Reactions: Frisk and SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I hope you are right about this!

I sure hope so it'll fill up in 3, 4 weeks so me and wife from SatNight and many others can apply.
Yes :)

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
Can anyone confirm that you actually require an official transcript? Or is a completion letter and the unofficial grades enough?

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hi there, I was a lil confused about the new path way program, can a person who did his/her program as early childhood educator apply for the program as well? The NOC code for early childhood educator is 4214 and the closest one that's bee given in the new path way program for international students are 4113 ( which is elementary and secondary teacher) is it okay to apply as a international student even if the NOC code is not given?

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
Hi there, I was a lil confused about the new path way program, can a person who did his/her program as early childhood educator apply for the program as well? The NOC code for early childhood educator is 4214 and the closest one that's bee given in the new path way program for international students are 4113 ( which is elementary and secondary teacher) is it okay to apply as a international student even if the NOC code is not given?
The foreign national must:

1. Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:
    • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or in Quebec CEGEP
    • a private post-secondary school in Quebec that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions in Quebec
    • a private or public post-secondary institution in Quebec offering qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS)
    • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees under provincial law but only if the program of study completed was a degree as authorized by the province, which may not include all programs of study offered by the private institution.
  2. Have been granted one of the following credentials, following the completion of a program study from an eligible institution as defined in a):
    • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate) which must be a degree issued on completion of a program of at least 8 months in duration;
    • a degree, diploma, certificate, or attestation issued on completion of a program of any duration leading to an occupation in a skilled trade (listed in Annex A); or
    • one or more diploma/certificate/attestation where the following conditions are met:
      • For diplomas/certificates/attestations, each program of study must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).
      • For the DVS and AVS, each program of study must be at least 900 hours in duration and the combined program of study must be at least 1,800 hours in duration.
        • When combining one AVS with one DVS, the length of the AVS may be less than 900 hours if the combined length is at least 1,800 hours.
      • For greater clarity, each combined credential must meet the eligible program requirements as defined in a), including the completion no earlier than January 2017.

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
The foreign national must:

1. Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:
    • a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or in Quebec CEGEP
    • a private post-secondary school in Quebec that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions in Quebec
    • a private or public post-secondary institution in Quebec offering qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS)
    • a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees under provincial law but only if the program of study completed was a degree as authorized by the province, which may not include all programs of study offered by the private institution.
  2. Have been granted one of the following credentials, following the completion of a program study from an eligible institution as defined in a):
    • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate) which must be a degree issued on completion of a program of at least 8 months in duration;
    • a degree, diploma, certificate, or attestation issued on completion of a program of any duration leading to an occupation in a skilled trade (listed in Annex A); or
    • one or more diploma/certificate/attestation where the following conditions are met:
      • For diplomas/certificates/attestations, each program of study must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).
      • For the DVS and AVS, each program of study must be at least 900 hours in duration and the combined program of study must be at least 1,800 hours in duration.
        • When combining one AVS with one DVS, the length of the AVS may be less than 900 hours if the combined length is at least 1,800 hours.
      • For greater clarity, each combined credential must meet the eligible program requirements as defined in a), including the completion no earlier than January 2017.
So the course really doesn't matter? As long as it qualify the criteria you have illustrated?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Guys, I have two questions.

1- I did my medical yesterday and in the information sheet it says non-ede worker for both me and my spouse. Is this correct? Shouldn’t it be family?

2- I have my degree and I scanned it. I also have my official transcript which is an encrypted pdf. I cannot merge these into one file because the transcript is encrypted and I cannot change it. What can I do about it?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

1- I did my medical yesterday and in the information sheet it says non-ede worker for both me and my spouse. Is this correct? Shouldn’t it be family?

2- I have my degree and I scanned it. I also have my official transcript which is an encrypted pdf. I cannot merge these into one file because the transcript is encrypted and I cannot change it. What can I do about it?
https://smallpdf.com/unlock-pdf

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I personally paid upfront because I'm confident I can apply as soon as the stream opens and I don't trust IRCC's website so much...Last week the payment portal was down for a couple days, it'd really suck to be ready to apply but having the website crash like I'm expecting it'll happen.
I also paid upfront as I have all documents ready. I just received my IELTS score yesterday. If I hadn’t I would’ve waited a few days.

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Does any one know regarding adding family to the application

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

I have the same on my medicals as well