Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have no idea why people invited to EE are applying to this stream lol
Well many lawyers have said that IRCC won't process this application first, so I have no clue why someone would apply for this if they already have applied for something else lol.

Reactions: rambag98

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Less documents to verify = Less processing times

The truth is more like:

New pilot program = Might have less officers processing applications hence longer processing times
This !

I think the same, CEC is already in place and has been running for a long time, applying through those systems already in place would obviously be faster.
I've heard people who have applied through the online portal ( PNP electronic submissions ) have yet to receive AOR's and it's been the same waiting time as paper. I doubt the new portal which may include the new pathways would be any faster.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Okay so this one is a little tricky, according to the IRCC description, if the translator is certified in the country where the documents were translated, then it is fine. It is only with uncertified translators that you need an affidavit.

If the translation is being done in Canada
Applicants should use the services of a certified translator who is in good standing with their provincial or territorial organization and certified to translate documents.

If the translation is being done outside of Canada
Applicants should use the services of a translator who is accredited (officially recognized or authorized) in the country where the translation is being completed.

For all applicants (in or outside of Canada): translations must not be done by

• the applicants themselves
  • members of the applicant’s family
  • the applicant’s representatives or consultants

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html
Thanks. Yea I came across this page but it was contradicting with this page which states that all translated documents must include an affidavit.

I think I'll rely on the page that you shared because they've explained it in detail and very clearly that only non-certified translators must provide an affidavit.

VisaGooba

Apr 26, 2021
For the criminal check do I need the full one with fingerprint? Because that's take weeks longer than the other one.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Guess! they want everything !!
anyways they are gonna lose everything if they do that, can't have more than one profile in cic !!!:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not really, I asked immigration and they said that an applicant can apply to both CEC and the new TR to PR program. Both will be processed normally.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
This !

I think the same, CEC is already in place and has been running for a long time, applying through those systems already in place would obviously be faster.
I've heard people who have applied through the online portal ( PNP electronic submissions ) have yet to receive AOR's and it's been the same waiting time as paper. I doubt the new portal which may include the new pathways would be any faster.
I applied on paper in November and I still don't know if they got my application, if it's complete or if it got lost in the mail. My PNP certificate expired a while ago and I don't have AOR yet so if my application wasn't perfect when I sent it, I'm out.

Reactions: Micheal737373

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
For the criminal check do I need the full one with fingerprint? Because that's take weeks longer than the other one.
It depends, you need a police certificate if you've lived outside Canada for 6 months in a row or more since you turned 18, so in most cases you at least need one from your home country. Sometimes they request one from Canada too, or from places where you've been on a vacation but they ask for those later on if anything.

Reactions: rambag98

VisaGooba

Apr 26, 2021
It depends, you need a police certificate if you've lived outside Canada for 6 months in a row or more since you turned 18, so in most cases you at least need one from your home country. Sometimes they request one from Canada too, or from places where you've been on a vacation but they ask for those later on if anything.
I get that but there are 2 types of criminal checks in Canada

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
I get that but there are 2 types of criminal checks in Canada
Get normal one first, they will request fingerprints IF your name matches someone else's. But they don't usually ask for Canadian one for PR applications until later (and that is IF)

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Not really, I asked immigration and they said that an applicant can apply to both CEC and the new TR to PR program. Both will be processed normally.
That doesn't make any sense !!! :rolleyes:
AHH!!! The new pathway should help people who are struggling. If the person is already qualified then why??