+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Holy shite - can you imagine?
I think this is a mistake, and I'm not saying this as potential applicant but as an observer.

There's a lot of misinformation around and a lot of hype. Imagine you're desperate to apply, CEC is out of reach because you have a short PGWP, couldn't secure a NOC A or B job, your age, etc. This is a golden opportunity to get PR. Just check all of the "Am I eligible?" threads on the forum, on Reddit, on Youtube.

If you have all of your documents ready and know the stream might close within a hours because of all the marketing and hype, what are you going to do? Read all of the program details carefully and take your time reviewing your application? No, this is going to be like the hunger games and everyone will mass-apply as soon as they can without reading anything because this program HAS a cap and we don't know how stable the new site will be, people will panic thinking the page will crash halfway through their application.

Even in here, most of us are expecting the page to collapse (according to my poll yesterday) because of high traffic. Look at the IELTS/CELPIP sites, there's a f*cking queue just to register for an exam, look at the panel physician bookings, around TO most are fully booked until June. How does IRCC not expect the stream opening day to be a disaster? I feel they're greatly underestimating the number of interested candidates.

Reactions: SatNight

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I think this is a mistake, and I'm not saying this as potential applicant but as an observer.

There's a lot of misinformation around and a lot of hype. Imagine you're desperate to apply, CEC is out of reach because you have a short PGWP, couldn't secure a NOC A or B job, your age, etc. This is a golden opportunity to get PR. Just check all of the "Am I eligible?" threads on the forum, on Reddit, on Youtube.

If you have all of your documents ready and know the stream might close within a hours because of all the marketing and hype, what are you going to do? Read all of the program details carefully and take your time reviewing your application? No, this is going to be like the hunger games and everyone will mass-apply as soon as they can without reading anything because this program HAS a cap and we don't know how stable the new site will be, people will panic thinking the page will crash halfway through their application.

Even in here, most of us are expecting the page to collapse (according to my poll yesterday) because of high traffic. Look at the IELTS/CELPIP sites, there's a f*cking queue just to register for an exam, look at the panel physician bookings, around TO most are fully booked until June. How does IRCC not expect the stream opening day to be a disaster? I feel they're greatly underestimating the number of interested candidates.
IRCC are preparing for the D-Day too :)

engineerNA

Sep 19, 2016
a two years old medical exam performed for temporary application could be accepted for PR application or one always needs to provide a new one?

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I’d booked a medical for April 29, but I was going to cancel it today cause I was not sure if upfront is accepted. I looked at the appointments today and seems that medicals are all booked till June, and it scared me. I haven’t canceled it yet.
same here! no dates until JUNE anyways medicals are valid until 6-12 months I belive might well do it

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Also, I will advise those taking the English tests. Try to score as high as possible, do not half-ass it because of the low band requirement for this stream keeping in mind that you might not qualify or might not even be approved for PR under this policy.

Try to give yourself the best chance while saving as much money and time as possible instead of paying and preparing for another exam down the road.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Also, I will advise those taking the English tests. Try to score as high as possible, do not half-ass it because of the low band requirement for this stream keeping in mind that you might not qualify or might not even be approved for PR under this policy.

Try to give yourself the best chance while saving as much money and time as possible instead of paying and preparing for another exam down the road.
Good advice, I think it's obvious that not everyone who wants in will be able to secure a spot, but language tests are valid for 2 years so if you meant to apply for the worker or the graduate stream but don't make it, you can use that test for a Express Entry or a PNP later on

Reactions: rambag98

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020

Okay but you can't submit applications without certain pieces of info.. this is like when CERB came out and unemployed international students felt fomo, but regardless couldn't apply for it cause you simply need to be eligible. You can't submit an application when they ask for certificate numbers or UMI/IME numbers.

Reactions: Bryan02

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Also, I had a nightmare that the stream opened and I was filling the forms, but I would keep hitting obstacles and I was typing super slow (like when you can't run fast in dreams) It took me 7 hours to complete the forms and document, and then when I clicked submit it said quota was already met..

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Also, I had a nightmare that the stream opened and I was filling the forms, but I would keep hitting obstacles and I was typing super slow (like when you can't run fast in dreams) It took me 7 hours to complete the forms and document, and then when I clicked submit it said quota was already met..
I had a nightmare like this too, in my case I woke up late for work in the morning and I had a lot of notifications on my phone. It turns out the stream had opened at midnight, it was 8am and I tried to register and submit my stuff from my phone but there were like 100 spots left.

Reactions: rambag98

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010