+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
Yes, I'm aware. But would we need any sort of application number I'm just narrating what I saw on the doctor's website?
They mentioned to give them an application number if paper forms then paper's APPlication #.

If it's optional!
would the passport and license be sufficient?
For the new pathway PR route, I just said that's what I'm applying for and the doctor says she knows about that program and took care of the rest.

Reactions: sharmi143

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
yea, ontario is fully booked ielts seems until sep, oct and celpip for ontario it shows no spots at all
I suggest you use some sorts of browser extension or app on your phone like "web alert" or others to notify you. I used it during the first wave as everything was out of stock. It alerts you as soon as there is a change on the page.

quang940805

Jun 27, 2018
I'm eligible for the PR pathway under Stream B ( essential workers) but the letter of employment is making me worry, the letter that I requested from my manager does not have the average hours, NOC, and job duties, because the HR department of my company said my manager is not allowed to mention that information on the letter due to the hours I've been working is not stable. They said the hours show on my paystub and it is up to date, so if I provide the proof of employment, is that gonna be ok if I submit the letter of employment confirmation, paystubs, and T4 aka notice of assessment but there are no information of hours and job duties on the letter?

Any advice will be appreciated, Thank you, guys!

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
I think I saw couple of spots for Ontario Toronto gta for end of April, but they were taken right away.
You have to be super quick, pretty much sitting on the computer most of the day to grab a spot. I got mine while in the middle of work.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
You have to be super quick, pretty much sitting on the computer most of the day to grab a spot. I got mine while in the middle of work.

I missed mine again :( I dont know honestly I am really desperate at this point and super depressed. I worked so hard worked my ass off to afford this college that is now useless. I miss my beautiful Europe, really want to go home today.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I'm still a year off from CEC so I'll hold off from booking a medical exam until the document checklist drops, just in case I don't make it to the graduate stream or they won't require it on May 6. Either way, best of luck to those of us planning to apply for this.

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
I missed mine again :( I dont know honestly I am really desperate at this point and super depressed. I worked so hard worked my ass off to afford this college that is now useless. I miss my beautiful Europe, really want to go home today.
Just keep trying, I just did a random check and saw a few late May slots. Didn't you say you qualify for CEC in a previous post?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Now that most test spots for IELTS and CELPIP have been taken until August, what will happen to people looking forward to applying for CEC during summer? Those who don't have their tests yet will either have to travel to take them or wait until they can take them to enter the EE pool.

I assume that at least a solid 50% of the applicants for these streams don't meet the requirements for CEC, otherwise, with the current cutoff scores, they'd have already applied or should be ready to apply soon. If the current CEC draws continue taking in 5000 people, the cutoff score will end up going to the high 300's range.

Reactions: xjunkratx

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Now that most test spots for IELTS and CELPIP have been taken until August, what will happen to people looking forward to applying for CEC during summer? Those who don't have their tests yet will either have to travel to take them or wait until they can take them to enter the EE pool.

I assume that at least a solid 50% of the applicants for these streams don't meet the requirements for CEC, otherwise, with the current cutoff scores, they'd have already applied or should be ready to apply soon. If the current CEC draws continue taking in 5000 people, the cutoff score will end up going to the high 300's range.
I predict there will be a number of cancellations for test spots once the cap is reached. People who won't qualify for CEC for some time and who booked solely for this pathway may not want to risk their IELTS/CELPIP expiring before they reach the points requirement and end up paying full price for two tests.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Just keep trying, I just did a random check and saw a few late May slots. Didn't you say you qualify for CEC in a previous post?
I will qualify for cec in Sept. but Im older and I dont have such crs points, I have it around 415 so I dont know.