+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
So if we book an upfront medical exam before May 6th can we use it? I read that the medical exams are valid for 12 months. If I book one before May can I also use the same results 6 months later if I cannot apply for this program?
Also, in the booking it asks which type of exam I want. There is permanent residence and express entry types. Which one should I choose?
Yes, it lasts 12 months. I'm not sure what to choose though. Can't you just tell the center it is an upfront medical?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hi! I'm trying to get my PCC and medical but I'm not sure if I can get them before May 6th. Is there anything in the public policy that mentions we can submit these two documents later?

I was expecting to apply at the end of the year, so the short time frame is really setting me on edge and I feel like I'm misunderstanding the rules.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
I don't think you need those on May 6. If you look at the conditions, it does not mention "needs to be medically admissible", but it does mention that you should be admissible under Acts and regulations.. so I think the PCC is probably more important to have than the medical (from what I deduce)

Reactions: hhzara

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
i have two 1 year postgraduate certificates (1 year program from marketing and 1 year program from another marketing). I am currently working in Canada and I already have my ielts.
Am I eligible for this program? In another way, Does people who got postgraduate certificates are eligible for this program?
On the policy, it says:
Is your Canadian degree an Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree of at least 8 months in duration?

I don't have bachelor or master's or doctorate from Canada. I only got 2 post graduate certificates. Each were 8 months.
Yeah, I think this should make you eligible for the international graduate stream, it says postgrad certificates if their combined length is 16 months.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Any idea on potential processing times? Other pilot programs just say:

I'll be 20 days short for CEC when this opens, I have all the documents ready now but I don't know if I should risk longer processing times having a +470 CRS score.
I'd go for CEC, it's an ongoing program with one of the fastest processing times, and with a high score, you'd get an ITA. No one knows how fast the public policy one would take. Plus, you'd be giving a spot to someone that might never be eligible for CEC or whose work permit is expiring soon and might have to go back to unsafe countries.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Even if I go for CEC thousands of ineligible people will try to apply anyway. Some CEC applicants are even considering applying for this while having a pending CEC application just because the checklist suggests less scrutiny = less processing times, hence my question.
I'm still unsure how ineligible people can apply for permanent residence.. otherwise, we would've all applied for express entry.. but we can't because we need proof of employment, a degree, IELTS scores.. like how will people just apply without those? Also, it'll probably be in the additional information saying you can't apply if you have a pending application. We really can't know anything for sure till the day..

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I'm still unsure how ineligible people can apply for permanent residence.. otherwise, we would've all applied for express entry.. but we can't because we need proof of employment, a degree, IELTS scores.. like how will people just apply without those? Also, it'll probably be in the additional information saying you can't apply if you have a pending application. We really can't know anything for sure till the day..
This !

1. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy and which must include at the time of application all proof necessary to satisfy an officer that the applicant meets the conditions (eligibility requirements) of this public policy, except for evidence required to demonstrate physical presence in Canada at the time of application approval;
So in short, IRCC does say that you need the valid documents or else the application won't be processed.

Reactions: rambag98

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Express Entry is a bit different, before submitting a profile you must prove your eligibility and if you’re not eligible, you won’t get in the pool.

If this new stream is “open” I can see many people trying to apply without IELTS and attaching a LOE instead, or people with 1 year diplomas that didn’t read the instructions.
They won't be able to submit if there is something like "submit your IELTS certificate number". The submit button simply won't show up, and if if if they somehow slip through, the officer checks for application completeness before processing applications. They have a quick skim through to see if everything is there and only then process it.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Express Entry is a bit different, before submitting a profile you must prove your eligibility and if you’re not eligible, you won’t get in the pool.

If this new stream is “open” I can see many people trying to apply without IELTS and attaching a LOE instead, or people with 1 year diplomas that didn’t read the instructions.
I don't think people could get away with this specific instruction.

1. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy and which must include at the time of application all proof necessary to satisfy an officer that the applicant meets the conditions (eligibility requirements) of this public policy, except for evidence required to demonstrate physical presence in Canada at the time of application approval;

So in short, if you can't provide all the necessary docs at the time of application, one's in bad luck. I don't think IRCC will bend rules after clearly putting them out.

Reactions: rambag98

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi! I'm trying to get my PCC and medical but I'm not sure if I can get them before May 6th. Is there anything in the public policy that mentions we can submit these two documents later?

I was expecting to apply at the end of the year, so the short time frame is really setting me on edge and I feel like I'm misunderstanding the rules.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
None!

zhangw32

May 30, 2020
Hi,
I know the gov hasn't put out the exact required documents yet, but to be prepared what are the documents will I likely need?
Is there anything else that I can prepare other than these ones?
- college degree, final transcript
- proof of the current employment
- passport pages
- valid work permit
- language test certificate
- criminal record
I am going to try to book a medical exam in the following week in case it will be required too.
As for the extra things I might need, maybe a visa photo?
Do you guys think I will need proof of past employment as well?

Lastly.. What time will they be open for application on May 6th? Will it be Eastern time 12:00 AM?
I wonder how will the website handle the huge traffic, to be honest!

Thanks guys,

Last edited:

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I know the gov hasn't put out the exact required documents yet, but to be prepared what are the documents will I likely need?
Is there anything else that I can prepare other than these ones?
- college degree, final transcript
- proof of the current employment
- passport pages
- valid work permit
- language test certificate
- criminal record
I am going to try to book a medical exam in the following week in case it will be required too.
As for the extra things I might need, maybe a visa photo?
Do you guys think I will need proof of past employment as well?

Lastly.. What time will they be open for application on May 6th? Will it be Eastern time 12:00 AM?
I wonder how will the website handle the huge traffic, to be honest!

Thanks guys,
I don’t think you can get the proof of employment now. It must show that you are employed at the time of application, so I guess you should get it on May 6th.

Reactions: zhangw32

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Thinking about it, opening up the portal over a short period for people to get into the stream looks like a bad idea already. I doubt the IRCC will do that. Even so I don't think they will try to make it like an EE system either.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
What about people working in essential jobs (like as a Cashier, retail associate etc.) but laid off right now and on EI- still employed but temporarily not working due to the Ontario shutdown? For the purpose of this new pgm, can they be considered eligible?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
What about people working in essential jobs (like as a Cashier, retail associate etc.) but laid off right now and on EI- still employed but temporarily not working due to the Ontario shutdown? For the purpose of this new pgm, can they be considered eligible?
Not sure how IRCC interprets lay-off. As per Manitoba employment standards, A lay-off is a temporary break in employment.

Sonali071

Apr 18, 2021
Hi,
Kindly let me know for french speakers, there are no significant numbers mentioned for french. Does that mean all the files submitted for french speakers will be approved?

thanks in advance