+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
thanks a bunch for the notes, appreciate it. where did you hear the hearsay about a potential ranking system? is there another forum/group with info?

It was a friend's friend's lawyer lol, a lot can get lost in translation and no one else has mentioned this so.. it's probably not true

Den1204

May 20, 2017
These are notes: NONE OF THIS IS CONFIRMED, so please just take it with a grain of salt.

• work on study permit will be considered as valid experience
• minimum 1 year (at 30 hours a week) that adds up to 1,560 hours like CEC for essential worker stream.
• language is part of eligibility - test results are mandatory
• Police certificate needed. If you couldn't get them, efforts must be made - upload what they have (with an explanation if needed)
• temporary resident status is a must
• If the work permit expires while PR processing (there might be kind of a bridging work permit which they will come up with in the future)
• The app (portal) is for the client (representative option is not there)
• IELTS General (not academic)
• Can apply on implied status
• Family members inside/outside Canada can also be included in the application
• Application fee - 1050 (including RPRF)
• RPRF - mandatory upfront
• Self-employment does not count as experience (except doctors in some cases)
• Upfront medical exam - not mandatory (if they have it, needs to be submitted)
• Must be currently working, not just employed
Thanks a ton for the info. Did they mention where would we find this portal? Would it be the same place as the rest of the applications? (Start a new application on the ircc account)

Reactions: rambag98

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks a ton for the info. Did they mention where would we find this portal? Would it be the same place as the rest of the applications? (Start a new application on the ircc account)
No, many lawyers have already mentioned that the portal will be its own thing.

Reactions: Den1204

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I just saw post from one of the immigration consultant and he mentioned that we need upfront medical and about the pcc you can juat submit the proof that you have al applied for pcc. Is that true about upfront medical because its kind hard to book med exam in that short time

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I just saw post from one of the immigration consultant and he mentioned that we need upfront medical and about the pcc you can juat submit the proof that you have al applied for pcc. Is that true about upfront medical because its kind hard to book med exam in that short time
What if I can't get a police certificate for my immigration application?
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.
To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:
  • show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
  • write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one
Even if you send us the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=035&top=4

potatohead

May 3, 2021
What if I can't get a police certificate for my immigration application?
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.
To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:
  • show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
  • write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one
Even if you send us the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=035&top=4
I think this is a little different where it's more that you can't get PCC in due time rather than you can't get PCC at all. I wonder if that would be a reasonable excuse for IRCC?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Guys, if you get you medical exam and PCC upfront I assure you your application will be processed faster, IRCC is already hinting people with medicals will get a different processing. Don't give IRCC the chance to ask for additional documents and try to make your application as perfect as possible (within realistic expectations).

Some CEC applicants from Jan/February are getting their COPRs now, they all have in common "simple" profiles (no dependants, one or two pcc needed, only Canadian education/work experience...). CEC applicants get a lot of scrutiny, but this program appears to have minimal requirements. If it's given 1/3 of the processing capacity CEC has and they basically only have to check you're employed, some stages such as eligibility will be cleared within days...and if you've been in Canada since you turned 18, criminality and security will be a breeze as well.

potatohead

May 3, 2021
Sad. Missed the less than 6 months outside Canada since turning 18 requirement by 1 month. PCC is going to take a while for me. I hope they don't require it upfront.

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
I submitted a PCC when I got my study permit and since then, I haven't lived outside of Canada for 6 months in a row. They've never asked for it again and they mention how if you've not lived there or currently live there then it's okay if it's expired (but may ask for it). Can they not access it from your files?

I booked a fingerprint appointment as soon as I found out about this program but I have to get the prints, have them notarized, have them legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, then have that legalized by the UAE embassy in Toronto, and then mail it to Dubai police. My fingerprint appointment is on May 13th and most of the process after that is by mail. Easily between a month to two months.

If they ask, I want to submit a LOE but it's kind of stressing me out. It's the only document I don't have.

It's a pretty ruthless program, if you think about it. You either have everything lined up or you don't get it. It's essentially designed to get 90'000 applications they can process before the year ends to meet targets.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I missed it by 4 days. Sucks but I got mine.
Moved to canada 7 months after turning 18 and my PCC from then was received a month before moving, so that's not valid either. Gonna be a fun one.
I came to Canada 1 month after turning 18 and I still got a police certificate and RCMP as well just in case they ask.

RCMP is normally not necessary but I know my luck and It'd suck so much to get 3 additional processing time weeks just to submit that.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I submitted a PCC when I got my study permit and since then, I haven't lived outside of Canada for 6 months in a row. They've never asked for it again and they mention how if you've not lived there or currently live there then it's okay if it's expired (but may ask for it). Can they not access it from your files?

I booked a fingerprint appointment as soon as I found out about this program but I have to get the prints, have them notarized, have them legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, then have that legalized by the UAE embassy in Toronto, and then mail it to Dubai police. My fingerprint appointment is on May 13th and most of the process after that is by mail. Easily between a month to two months.

If they ask, I want to submit a LOE but it's kind of stressing me out. It's the only document I don't have.

It's a pretty ruthless program, if you think about it. You either have everything lined up or you don't get it. It's essentially designed to get 90'000 applications they can process before the year ends to meet targets.
Wow!

I've lived in dubai and got PCC the next day, if you have your emirates ID number with you, even though an expired one you can apply it from Dubai police's website. If you apply on a working day, you'll most likely get it the next day.

Reactions: rambag98