+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new OHIP registeration but dont have Residency address....!!!!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Yorker13 said:
"makes you enter useless arguement about OHIP requirements"
Yorker13...welcome to Canada. Those "requirements" are there for a reason and have to be followed by all. Leave your third world attitude at the border and start acting like a civilized person.

Reactions: Maherushka

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
WELL SAID GUYS..

OHIP IS NOT FOR PEOPLE ABUSING SYSTEM , ITS FROM HARD TAX PAYING PEOPLE ON WP, PR, CITIZENS

LOT OF ANTS SNEAK IN AND GROW UP SO FAT EATING UP THESE BENEFITS CAUSING TAX HIKE ETC..

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
torontosm said:
You really aren't worth my time, so this is my last comment. It's obvious from your posts that you can't seem to grasp basic concepts, so I will try to make this very simple for you.

You landed as a PR less than a week ago. You haven't filed any taxes yet, so stop making claims about your world income tax. Further, if you had any sense, you would know that filing federal income tax does not automatically qualify you for provincial benefits.

I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer...you DO NOT qualify for OHIP today since you have not been here for three months, and given that you are heading back to Dubai again shortly, you WILL NOT be immediately eligible once you return to actually live here (if you ever intend to). You will have to first live in Ontario for three months in order to qualify. It has nothing to you with your purported "world income" or "extra funds". Understood?

p.s. Mail me your tax return from next year along with any medical bills and I will happily reimburse you if you have indeed paid Canadian taxes on your UAE income.
Finally, you started to grow a brain and speak like a human,....ironically i have to say u r right,paying taxes is not one of the requirements to get OHIP or other provincial benifits,however u the one who brought up the issue of paying taxes as a resident and OHIP requirement for new immigrants...like they dont have to pay taxes as u whether their income was made in or out of Canada,we all have to pay back to in order to enjoy those provincial benefits...so next time you speak with a FSW immigrant (not a REFUGEE ),dont try to act like ....we owe u something.

again I am so thrilled you decided to switch on whats between ur ears,...magically,u r right again about there is a three month waiting period before i become eligible to get the OHIP,however and what I forget to mention is that my family will STAY and I will only return back , what other PROOF OF RESIDENCY other than what is listen on OHIP website we can show.

Note: please dont forget to pass ur email,so I can forward you our world income tax for the next year as well.

adios.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
terki said:
WELL SAID GUYS..

OHIP IS NOT FOR PEOPLE ABUSING SYSTEM , ITS FROM HARD TAX PAYING PEOPLE ON WP, PR, CITIZENS

LOT OF ANTS SNEAK IN AND GROW UP SO FAT EATING UP THESE BENEFITS CAUSING TAX HIKE ETC..
look whose talking....the jabati barata eater ...and when did u become royal more than the queen.....!..somehow the only ants I saw when I go to indian restaurants......

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Yorker13 said:
however u the one who brought up the issue of paying taxes as a resident and OHIP requirement for new immigrants...like they dont have to pay taxes as u whether their income was made in or out of Canada
When you live in Ontario, you pay provincial taxes on top of Federal taxes. When you don't live here, you don't. My young son would understand this distinction but it seems to continue to elude you.

Yorker13 said:
my family will STAY and I will only return back , what other PROOF OF RESIDENCY other than what is listen on OHIP website we can show.
So why did you start the thread by asking about OHIP for yourself? You are sad and pathetic.

As for FSW vs. Refugee immigrants, I don't really differentiate. What I care more about is whether the person intends to live here and make Canada a better place, or whether they show up with some sense of entitlement whereby they think Canadian rules shouldn't, or don't, apply to them. you obviously fall in the latter bucket.

I have PM's you my email address and contact details.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
YORKER

BE AWARE - it wnt be longer before abuse of system is reported..

dont just throw words here...

hope u understood wt i meant

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
torontosm said:
When you live in Ontario, you pay provincial taxes on top of Federal taxes. When you don't live here, you don't. My young son would understand this distinction but it seems to continue to elude you.

Your son would have been ashamed of you,if you keep digressing from subject to subject...what federal or provincial taxes have to do with all of this!!!!.....the issue of taxes is not related to OHIP new applicants...geezer,you were afraid on ur 2 cents and I told u that u r not the only one who pays his/her taxes,we all do or will do.

torontosm said:
So why did you start the thread by asking about OHIP for yourself? You are sad and pathetic.

As for FSW vs. Refugee immigrants, I don't really differentiate. What I care more about is whether the person intends to live here and make Canada a better place, or whether they show up with some sense of entitlement whereby they think Canadian rules shouldn't, or don't, apply to them. you obviously fall in the latter bucket.
I already realized that u r short on grey cells in between ur ears and have difficulties in communication with others but now I came to know u are socially retarded as well,how cant you differtiate between a refugee( with all respect to their feelings) and FSW, as an FSW i decided to come to Canada,and in return Canada selected us based on our merits,easo its like a 2 way street....unlike ur small and selfish mentality ,if u have something with the immigration rules...i believe Canada is a democratic country...u should take ur discriminating ideas on public and try to change the rules in ur favor,but dont try to impose ur sick ideas on new immigrants and classifies them them as coming from a third world or being a refugee or even who and who doestn pay taxes....!!!....in fact if u think u r a civilised person u would have acted totally different...and you should had enlightened others about the rules,policies as well as penalties ,its not like the system is so fragile and u r there to protect it,try to tame urself before jumping on others and thoughing up ur accusations.
[/quote]

torontosm said:
I have PM's you my email address and contact details.
the email is wrong geezer...!!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Yorker13 said:
what federal or provincial taxes have to do with all of this!!!!.....the issue of taxes is not related to OHIP new applicants
OHIP is primarily funded by taxes from the residents of Ontario. Therefore, it is reserved for residents of Ontario (i.e., taxpayers of Ontario). If you still don't understand, then I give up...I just can not make it any simpler.

Yorker13 said:
I told u that u r not the only one who pays his/her taxes,we all do or will do.
You don't...come back again and speak to me when you actually have paid some taxes.

Yorker13 said:
how cant you differtiate between a refugee( with all respect to their feelings) and FSW
In Canada, we don't differentiate between people based on economic or demographic backgrounds. We do, however, tend to group people by their level of competence and intelligence, which I'm afraid does not bode well for you.

Yorker13 said:
the email is wrong geezer...!!
The email address works...it's your mind that doesn't.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
torontosm said:
OHIP is primarily funded by taxes from the residents of Ontario. Therefore, it is reserved for residents of Ontario (i.e., taxpayers of Ontario). If you still don't understand, then I give up...I just can not make it any simpler.

You don't...come back again and speak to me when you actually have paid some taxes.

In Canada, we don't differentiate between people based on economic or demographic backgrounds. We do, however, tend to group people by their level of competence and intelligence, which I'm afraid does not bode well for you.

The email address works...it's your mind that doesn't.
Torontosm,

I will have to flush you now ,and in a civilize way as you mentioned end it here so I outght to say that it wasnt a pleasure talking to u,and wish not to see u around.

better do something usefull in this beautiful rainy weather outside than,talking to a nut case.

au revoir

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Yorker13 said:
Torontosm,

I will have to flush you now ,and in a civilize way as you mentioned end it here so I outght to say that it wasnt a pleasure talking to u,and wish not to see u around.

better do something usefull in this beautiful rainy weather outside than,talking to a nut case.

au revoir
Bye troll

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beside all this heated debate, I am intended to live in Toronto for more than 3 months or so but what will I do during these three months if fallen sick?

Do I have to buy private medical insurance, I assume its very costly!

Yorker13 said:
Torontosm,

au revoir

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NN74 said:
Beside all this heated debate, I am intended to live in Toronto for more than 3 months or so but what will I do during these three months if fallen sick?

Do I have to buy private medical insurance, I assume its very costly!
Just get something like a travel insurance, it is not very costly. It will cover you for emergencies and accidents for the 3 months and you should be fine.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you purchase medical insurance when traveling to Canada or waiting for OHIP to be approved, otherwise you will have to pay all medical expenses personally.

roshantrv83

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hi all,

I am in a bit of awkward situation,me and my family( 2adults and 1 infant),landed 2 weeks ago and we will be back to our home country after 3 weeks time and afterwords we will come back again in a couple of for good, so now we are staying with our relatives,i don't have a lease contract on my name so far,
my questions are:

1- to request OHIP card we must show proof of residency,i tried to make bank statement but it also takes up one month to receive it by mail,i tried also to make a driving license test but they suggested I bring my overseas driving experience to waive the waiting period between G1 and G2.

I hope anyone who have experience can guide me to how to register with OHIP without a proof of residence.
Its a good question but seems a little bit tough to answer. However arguing without pointing any valid answers is an easy way.
According to my perspective view- " You cannot apply now without valid poof of residence, but In order to get any, the shortest time for- bank statement - 1 month as you said, or else get a G1 license in short time (not recommended for your case) or produce a rental agreement. Mostly by 3 month after landing, everyone will find any valid proof of residence to produce. Apart from this 3 months, there is a waiting period of another 3 month for OHIP card. So total 6 months would be the max time period in worst case in my suggestion. So better be ready with any Private insurance for the said period."
Roshan, India.

Last edited: