+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new OHIP registeration but dont have Residency address....!!!!

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
Hi all,

I am in a bit of awkward situation,me and my family( 2adults and 1 infant),landed 2 weeks ago and we will be back to our home country after 3 weeks time and afterwords we will come back again in a couple of for good, so now we are staying with our relatives,i don't have a lease contract on my name so far,
my questions are:

1- to request OHIP card we must show proof of residency,i tried to make bank statement but it also takes up one month to receive it by mail,i tried also to make a driving license test but they suggested I bring my overseas driving experience to waive the waiting period between G1 and G2.

I hope anyone who have experience can guide me to how to register with OHIP without a proof of residence.
 

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
13,344
2,151
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You can't apply for OHIP yet. You must actually be resident to qualify and there is a deliberate qualification period as well after taking up residence. I think it's 3 months.
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
zardoz said:
You can't apply for OHIP yet. You must act actually be resident to qualify and there is a deliberate qualification period as well after taking up residence. I think it's 3 months.
I can apply for OHIP, but there is a 3 month waiting period from the day I apply, its not like after 3 months of staying in Ontario then I applied you got wrong.......but for my intial application i need a proof of residency....that is my question......there are a list of accepted documents that i can show

2. Proof of Residency

A document that has your name and current home address. This document confirms that your principal home is in Ontario.

Child Tax Benefit Statement
Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer on company letterhead)
Income tax assessment (most recent)
Insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life)
Monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts (does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts)
Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
Ontario Motor Vehicle Permit (plate or vehicle portions)
Property tax bill
School, college or university report card or transcript
Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Family Benefits Allowance
Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) or Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
Statement of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), or Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP) from a financial institution (bank, trust company, credit union)
Utility bill (home telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission, hydro, gas, water)
Valid Ontario Driver's Licence or Temporary Driver's Licence
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
Your Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contribution
Valid Ontario Photo Card

--
but unfortunately i dont have none of those so my question for seniors is there some way around this....like internet subscription bill that shows my name with home address ...for example i am saying...
 

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
13,344
2,151
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx
There may be a three-month waiting period for your OHIP coverage.

Generally speaking, if you are a newcomer to Ontario, or a former resident returning here to live after being out of the country for more than seven months, the waiting period begins on the date you establish or re-establish residence in Ontario. You may also be required to be present in Ontario for 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date residence is established in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence).

If you are an eligible resident moving to Ontario from another part of Canada, the health insurance of your former province/territory may cover you during the waiting period for OHIP coverage.

If you are not covered by another province/territory, it is important to buy private health insurance to cover you until your Ontario health insurance coverage becomes effective.

Certain groups are exempt from the three-month waiting period; contact ServiceOntario INFOline at 1-866-532-3161 or visit your local ServiceOntario Centre to find out if you may be exempt from the 3-month waiting period.

If you are a member of a military family, please refer to the Military Family Members fact sheet for more information.
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
Hi,

@ Zardoz, thanks for taking time to look for OHIP eligibility,but that wasnt my question ,I was asking about how to show proof of residency other that what is listed on OHIP document list..
 

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
13,344
2,151
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My point is that if you can't show ANY of the many alternative requested documents, OHIP may not consider you to truly be a "resident" yet. You have "landed" but that is not the same as residing. Either way, I know of no valid alternatives that they will accept. Good luck with your endeavours.
 

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
1,647
254
Yorker13 said:
I am in a bit of awkward situation,me and my family( 2adults and 1 infant),landed 2 weeks ago and we will be back to our home country after 3 weeks time and afterwords we will come back again in a couple of for good, so now we are staying with our relatives,i don't have a lease contract on my name so far,
my questions are:
As Zardoz said, to continue to qualify for OHIP, you must reside in Ontario for 5 out of the first 6 months. Since you obviously will not be able to meet this criteria, why are you applying now anyway? Apply once you return to live here and when you actually qualify for it.
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
do u guys work for OHIP or something........?....i wonder why u bother urselves whether i qualify or not?......my QUESTION IS ABOUT PROOF OF RESIDENCY OTHER THAN WAT IS LISTED....?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yaha14 and frange

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
1,647
254
Yorker13 said:
do u guys work for OHIP or something........?....i wonder why u bother urselves whether i qualify or not?......my QUESTION IS ABOUT PROOF OF RESIDENCY OTHER THAN WAT IS LISTED....?
I don't work for OHIP but I am a tax paying citizen who doesn't like people like you showing up, trying to abuse the system and contributing nothing to the country. Clear enough for you? You obviously don't live here and obviously don't qualify...stop trying to get around the system and making it harder and more expensive for everyone else.
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
torontosm said:
I don't work for OHIP but I am a tax paying citizen who doesn't like people like you showing up, trying to abuse the system and contributing nothing to the country. Clear enough for you? You obviously don't live here and obviously don't qualify...stop trying to get around the system and making it harder and more expensive for everyone else.
from the way you present your urself,u seem more like someone used to be a beggar living on welfare and found odd job and started to pay taxes and all of a sudden grow a conscious and awareness that his pennies are more important than other peoples funds.....piece of advise ,not every immigrant came from a poor family like urs and have a criminal mentality to abuse the system....for ur information new immigrants also pay something called WORLD INCOME TAXE, that means whatever we earn inside or outside Canada we pay an income tax on it....I wont even touch the folly remark about contributing to the country,( LIKE U DID)...so before u decide to switch on what is between ur ears..... chill for a minute and contemplate on the subject on hand.
 

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
1,647
254
Yorker13 said:
from the way you present your urself,u seem more like someone used to be a beggar living on welfare and found odd job and started to pay taxes and all of a sudden grow a conscious and awareness that his pennies are more important than other peoples funds.....piece of advise ,not every immigrant came from a poor family like urs and have a criminal mentality to abuse the system....for ur information new immigrants also pay something called WORLD INCOME TAXE, that means whatever we earn inside or outside Canada we pay an income tax on it....I wont even touch the folly remark about contributing to the country,( LIKE U DID)...so before u decide to switch on what is between ur ears..... chill for a minute and contemplate on the subject on hand.
You clown...you are more akin to a beggar since you are the one trying to access free healthcare when you don't qualify. If you are so rich, then why are you so desperate to get your OHIP when people have repeatedly told you that you can't?

As for my income, I have nothing to prove to you so won't even bother commenting. However, based on the language, spelling, grammar and style of writing, I can clearly see that you are far from educated, and likely the one working some blue collar penny-earning job.

I highly doubt that someone as unethical as yourself would be paying world income tax. In fact, I am so sure that you don't that if you can produce your tax forms showing that you do, I commit to pay for all of your healthcare in Canada myself. Challenge accepted?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jain_shraeya

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
9,642
606
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yorker13 said:
Hi all,

I am in a bit of awkward situation,me and my family( 2adults and 1 infant),landed 2 weeks ago and we will be back to our home country after 3 weeks time and afterwords we will come back again in a couple of for good, so now we are staying with our relatives,i don't have a lease contract on my name so far,
my questions are:

1- to request OHIP card we must show proof of residency,i tried to make bank statement but it also takes up one month to receive it by mail,i tried also to make a driving license test but they suggested I bring my overseas driving experience to waive the waiting period between G1 and G2.

I hope anyone who have experience can guide me to how to register with OHIP without a proof of residence.
If you are so desperate about getting provincial health care, why don't you go to Alberta after you went back home in 3 weeks time? Your Albertan healthcare coverage would probably be covered on the first date you registered.
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
torontosm said:
You clown...you are more akin to a beggar since you are the one trying to access free healthcare when you don't qualify. If you are so rich, then why are you so desperate to get your OHIP when people have repeatedly told you that you can't?

As for my income, I have nothing to prove to you so won't even bother commenting. However, based on the language, spelling, grammar and style of writing, I can clearly see that you are far from educated, and likely the one working some blue collar penny-earning job.

I highly doubt that someone as unethical as yourself would be paying world income tax. In fact, I am so sure that you don't that if you can produce your tax forms showing that you do, I commit to pay for all of your healthcare in Canada myself. Challenge accepted?
what a cheap person you are?...u think OHIP is sort of a welfare society meant for low income ppl or beggars like YOU only....and other residents dont qualify if they have a world income or extra funds aside..!!!.....i repeatedly tried to put through ur thick skull my question about proof of residency not whether if I qualify or not

as for your challenge ,I merrily accept it.....
 

Yorker13

Hero Member
May 27, 2013
311
22
steaky said:
If you are so desperate about getting provincial health care, why don't you go to Alberta after you went back home in 3 weeks time? Your Albertan healthcare coverage would probably be covered on the first date you registered.
steaky,

first of all u specifically ( as ur an immigrant and came here one day), should know that there are basic steps every new immigrant should do,like ,PR card+SIN card+bank account+D/L and healthcare....etc.....before they go back to finalize things in their home country and come back for good.....now to see a low life envious person like torontosm, who thinks he is better than others just becuz he just pay taxes...makes you enter useless arguement about OHIP requirements....so to correct u I am not desperate to acquire OHIP ,but as a new comer wanted to explore all options that other immigrants had before me in this forum.
 

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
1,647
254
Yorker13 said:
what a cheap person you are?...u think OHIP is sort of a welfare society meant for low income ppl or beggars like YOU only....and other residents dont qualify if they have a world income or extra funds aside..!!!.....i repeatedly tried to put through ur thick skull my question about proof of residency not whether if I qualify or not

as for your challenge ,I merrily accept it.....
You really aren't worth my time, so this is my last comment. It's obvious from your posts that you can't seem to grasp basic concepts, so I will try to make this very simple for you.

You landed as a PR less than a week ago. You haven't filed any taxes yet, so stop making claims about your world income tax. Further, if you had any sense, you would know that filing federal income tax does not automatically qualify you for provincial benefits.

I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer...you DO NOT qualify for OHIP today since you have not been here for three months, and given that you are heading back to Dubai again shortly, you WILL NOT be immediately eligible once you return to actually live here (if you ever intend to). You will have to first live in Ontario for three months in order to qualify. It has nothing to you with your purported "world income" or "extra funds". Understood?

p.s. Mail me your tax return from next year along with any medical bills and I will happily reimburse you if you have indeed paid Canadian taxes on your UAE income.