+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi Experts,

My Current Status in GC KEY changed from ‘Your action is required’ to ‘Application/profile updated. When i go to Check Full Application status, there are no updates. Also no update in ECAS. Is this what we call ghost update? Any idea if I’m nearing PPR?

My timeline:
04 March - App received
17 April - Done biometrics
10 June - Addt’l dics and med request
13 June - Done medical
24 June - Medical passed
26 June - Submitted addt’l docs

Thanks in advance!
That's a ghost update. How many ghost updates did you have so far? I had a ghost update on August 27th and none so far, this was the first time I've noticed this, I might of had one before but I did not noticed it. It's hard to get a conclusion what they really mean, some people get PPR after 3-10 days but some people don't hear nothing for a long time... and some get asked more documents... So, ghost updates are not conclusive, let's see about yours... Keep us posted.

Reactions: Momon

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Status went back to ‘Your action is required’ after about 2 or 3 hours. Am i expecting any update soon?
Your action is required. That usually means, that you need to upload additional documents. Check your application, if you do not see any additional message there. Check also your email (including spam) for additional messages from CIC. And then go further in your application to see the uploaded documents to see where you have additional folder for file uploading (in which section).

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Your action is required. That usually means, that you need to upload additional documents. Check your application, if you do not see any additional message there. Check also your email (including spam) for additional messages from CIC. And then go further in your application to see the uploaded documents to see where you have additional folder for file uploading (in which section).
Thanks @StephanH

So far, 2 ghost updates which both happened today

Hmm? I have already uploaded all the docs they required on 26 June. No additional message. Although there are 2 additional folder under uploaded documents. I noticed since they requested additional docs in June that sometimes these additional folders appear sometimes not.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Thanks @StephanH

So far, 2 ghost updates which both happened today

Hmm? I have already uploaded all the docs they required on 26 June. No additional message. Although there are 2 additional folder under uploaded documents. I noticed since they requested additional docs in June that sometimes these additional folders appear sometimes not.
Well, expect some good news in the next few days;) This could mean PPR.

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Well, expect some good news in the next few days;) This could mean PPR.
Yeah, crossing fingers that it’s indeed the golden mail. I’ll keep you posted.

Appreciate your prompt responses @StephanH.

Oliva

Aug 30, 2019
I'm starting to think that if you have a paid representative the application processes faster. That is my gut feeling, CIC website says not but I have my doubts.
Nope not really.. We hired representative but nothing change with the timeline. We submitted application july 2018 and 9 months before we received AOR1, medical done, biometric done, files being transffered to MVO this is the latest update this month.. Anyone in the same boat..? Its really frustrating knowing that someone received their PPR for less than a year, its not that im not happy for them but its been 14 months for me.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Nope not really.. We hired representative but nothing change with the timeline. We submitted application july 2018 and 9 months before we received AOR1, medical done, biometric done, files being transffered to MVO this is the latest update this month.. Anyone in the same boat..? Its really frustrating knowing that someone received their PPR for less than a year, its not that im not happy for them but its been 14 months for me.
Your file just got transferred to MVO after 14 months of the initial submission ? What kind of sponsorship is it? Have u contacted the MVO to c what's happening ?

mj12619

Jun 10, 2019
Yesterday on my account it says *Application/profile updated” instead of the usual “Submitted”, but there was no visible difference or update inside.

Anyone knows what this means? Is this the ghost update?

Thank you!

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Wow. Usually 12months processing but in your case 14months already and still no dm and ppr?. Do you have an access to ecas or gc?

Oliva

Aug 30, 2019
Wow. Usually 12months processing but in your case 14months already and still no dm and ppr?. Do you have an access to ecas or gc?
Actually i dont have any idea.. I tried asking our representative and he kept on telling us to wait.. But not the only one though, i read from other forum particularly july2018 have the same timeline..

Oliva

Aug 30, 2019
Your file just got transferred to MVO after 14 months of the initial submission ? What kind of sponsorship is it? Have u contacted the MVO to c what's happening ?
Yep just got the email this month.. Spouse.. I tried sending them complaint tru webform but no response at the moment..

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Yep just got the email this month.. Spouse.. I tried sending them complaint tru webform but no response at the moment..
Thats crazy. I called IRCC last week asking status on our application. They said to email MVO but said they are notoriously famous for not replying

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Thats crazy. I called IRCC last week asking status on our application. They said to email MVO but said they are notoriously famous for not replying
They are famous for not replying and also to blacklist your email so you can't send them nothing:

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.7.1 Error: Rejected

My partner sent them a message to get an update and I guess they did not like it... Don't tell me they run this Canadian embassy by their own rules, in Canada that would be illegal to block an email address.... NOW, you tell me, how the hell do you want the PA to make any changes to the application if she can't send an email to MVO? I know that a visa is not a right but a privilege, however c mon MVO use some common sense when processing applications, I feel like they are abusing their powers over all of us... If you are a refugee or an asylum seeker, you'll get in with no issues and they will give you FREE room at an expensive hotel until they could find a place for you to stay, while we had to pay a lot of money and to be tossed around like a ball. my word of advice, don't wait for them, just go on with your life, time is gold.