+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Appreciate advise. My AOR was Feb 2018 and at that time biometrics not required. I finally received PPR today.
1) I read PPR email and GCKEY and ECAS thoroughly and no indications that I need to submit biometrics. Did anyone with similar AOR date here end up being requested for biometrics?
2) If I was not explicitly asked for biometrics, does it mean I can just walk-in VFS Manila (no scheduling of appointment required)?
3) Can my husband submit all of our passports to VFS if the principal applicant (myself) and daughter is unavailable to tag along?
Did you previously go to canada (TRV) and/or have your biometrics taken? If yes, then thats the reason why they didnt ask for a new one...

Not sure on the last item but you may directly call vfs to be sure.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi Kabayans,

since i got the decision made and PPR im preparing for the landing of my 2 kids ages 9 and 11. i was wondering if there are any requirements from philippines to bring my kids here in canada as the other parent are not coming (my X wife). Do i have to bring some sort of documents to present to the port of exit and entry and do they need PDOS, DSWD etc....
Thank you in advance
You will get your DSWD answer here:
https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/dswd-travel-clearance-for-filipino-minors-2/

The way I read it, since you are the biological father and the children are not illegitimate, you don't need DSWD clearance. If I'm wrong please correct me;)

The following emigrants are exempted from attending the PDOS, but should still register in person or by an authorized representative:

• Minors aged 12 and below;
NOTE: You still need to bring them there and register them.

https://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html - D.

Reactions: polar25

JLDC

Feb 27, 2019
Thank you po. Yes po naka linked po applivation ko sa GCkey, and nagbago po ung sa BGC its says completed 7 days after DM and PPR.
Congrats po! Did you link your file at GCKey? Question lang, nabago na ba yung BGC mo from processing to completed? If so, when po? Thank you!

Reactions: jgill123

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
You will get your DSWD answer here:
https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/dswd-travel-clearance-for-filipino-minors-2/

The way I read it, since you are the biological father and the children are not illegitimate, you don't need DSWD clearance. If I'm wrong please correct me;)

The following emigrants are exempted from attending the PDOS, but should still register in person or by an authorized representative:

• Minors aged 12 and below;
NOTE: You still need to bring them there and register them.

https://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html - D.

Thank you for this inforamtion i have read some requirements from DSWD website but there is a little bit confusing on this one

The Family Code of the Philippines vests the mother with the parental authority over an illegitimate child (Article 176).

1. If travelling with the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is not required.
  2. If travelling with a person other than the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is required.
  3. If travelling with the biological father, a DSWD travel clearance is required. However, if a Court Order has granted parental authority to the father, a DSWD travel clearance is not required. (does this mean full custody?)
  4. If travelling with an adult other than the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is required.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Thank you for this inforamtion i have read some requirements from DSWD website but there is a little bit confusing on this one

The Family Code of the Philippines vests the mother with the parental authority over an illegitimate child (Article 176).

1. If travelling with the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is not required.
  2. If travelling with a person other than the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is required.
  3. If travelling with the biological father, a DSWD travel clearance is required. However, if a Court Order has granted parental authority to the father, a DSWD travel clearance is not required. (does this mean full custody?)
  4. If travelling with an adult other than the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is required.
You were married when you had children? Illegitimate child means you had your child through wedlock/not married when baby was born. So, if this is the case, you will need an authorization by the Mom. However, if you have full custody and you could prove that, no need DSWD clearance..... and if your X wife is deceased, you just need death certificate.... IF YOU WERE MARRIED/NO NEED DSWD CLEARANCE... Make sure you have your marriage/divorce certificate when leaving. I would suggest to be on the safe side, go to a DSWD office and ask them. The last thing you want is getting at the airport and not being able to leave.

Last edited:

jaymel28

Mar 6, 2019
hello po mga kabayan.. I used to be in ur shoes, and the agony of waiting was really hitting my nerves, I used to think din na MVO is not doing anything at all, hahaha but I was wrong they are doing their job to the fullest well of course this is case to case basis, the more complicated ang app nyu obviously will take longer time... let's give them the chance of doing their thing, just have faith... nung nabasa ko na ang info ng app namin dun nakalagay lahat ng details kelan ginawa at natapos lahat2 nung mga time na iniisip ko n wla clang ginagawa eh un pla they are in the middle of something na reviewing everything that we submitted, un nga lang wlang update kaya paranoid tau s kakahintay hehehe... sori mahaba na pero massbi ko lang po is just stay positive and pray... usually if wla complications ang app it will take around 6mos. remember patience is a virtue and its always worth the wait....;):p:)

Pinaygeisha

Jul 11, 2019
hello po mga kabayan.. I used to be in ur shoes, and the agony of waiting was really hitting my nerves, I used to think din na MVO is not doing anything at all, hahaha but I was wrong they are doing their job to the fullest well of course this is case to case basis, the more complicated ang app nyu obviously will take longer time... let's give them the chance of doing their thing, just have faith... nung nabasa ko na ang info ng app namin dun nakalagay lahat ng details kelan ginawa at natapos lahat2 nung mga time na iniisip ko n wla clang ginagawa eh un pla they are in the middle of something na reviewing everything that we submitted, un nga lang wlang update kaya paranoid tau s kakahintay hehehe... sori mahaba na pero massbi ko lang po is just stay positive and pray... usually if wla complications ang app it will take around 6mos. remember patience is a virtue and its always worth the wait....;):p:)

GOOD FOR YOU, you got it right away... we have the same timeline and I already got the pre arrival email (maybe just wandering and a normal feeling - what takes it so long??? ( almost 1 month now)_... Though I am still waiting... haiyyyzzz...

Baes

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My application status seems weird in gckey. Is it really like this from the start? Just checking because I was only able to link my acct yesterday.

My current status is only on the Aor1 stage which we received last June 28.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Medical - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

The rest are showing in progress. Please enlighten me. Hehe.

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My application status seems weird in gckey. Is it really like this from the start? Just checking because I was only able to link my acct yesterday.

My current status is only on the Aor1 stage which we received last June 28.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Medical - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

The rest are showing in progress. Please enlighten me. Hehe.
Yes it is, it will change as requests come in. You just need to wait

jgill123

Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone, question lang. Where do you usually receive the ppr email? On the soonsor or pa's email? I've received everything (medical,aor2,etc.) through my husband's email. Thanks!

inlalabo88

Jun 29, 2017
PA Philippines
App Received: May 3, 2019 / AOR1: June 19, 2019 / Linked App: June 19, 2019 / Biometrics Request: June 25, 2019 / Biometrics Passed: July 2, 2019 / Medical Request: July 3, 2019 / SA: July 3, 2019 / AOR2 Manila VO: July 11, 2019 / Started Processing: July 15, 2019 /Medical Passed: July 19, 2019

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
July 19, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I've posted in the MAY 2019 thread, but I'll post this here as well, also kinda curious how my wife's app progress shapes up to others going thru Manila VO.

Reactions: Baes and kmr28

kmr28

May 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
PA Philippines
App Received: May 3, 2019 / AOR1: June 19, 2019 / Linked App: June 19, 2019 / Biometrics Request: June 25, 2019 / Biometrics Passed: July 2, 2019 / Medical Request: July 3, 2019 / SA: July 3, 2019 / AOR2 Manila VO: July 11, 2019 / Started Processing: July 15, 2019 /Medical Passed: July 19, 2019

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
July 19, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I've posted in the MAY 2019 thread, but I'll post this here as well, also kinda curious how my wife's app progress shapes up to others going thru Manila VO.

Yours seems to be going pretty fast.:)

Reactions: Baes

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Has anyone experienced this weird update on GCkey?

Our Biometrics previously said completed.

Yesterday it was updated with a random date that's was definitely not our biometrics completion. We submitted application in march and got bio request in may, but it now says biometrics completed in march....:confused::confused:

I swear GCkey is so glitchy. Looking forward to end of this process...whenever it comes