+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

mjrom03

Jan 24, 2017
So, you've never noticed in GCKEY under current status the message "application/profile updated" and then the message went back to "submitted". We get about three of those during application process. Was your file in Mississauga before this? In GCKEY what is your application status?

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results

DATE You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents

The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview Help - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Help - Biometrics

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Help - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Help - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Nope nothing like that. Does this mean bad news? I constantly check my account and pay attention to that part but nothing. Does it matter if it's spousal or dependent sponsorship?

It has been like this after medical passed:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • March 22, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Nope nothing like that. Does this mean bad news? I constantly check my account and pay attention to that part but nothing. Does it matter if it's spousal or dependent sponsorship?

It has been like this after medical passed:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • March 22, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have been observing spousal application go fast 3-6 months, I think dependents take longer to process. I'm not even sure when ours will be PPR or might even get rejected who knows. We got a ghost update last week, it might be good, we just have to wait.

the message NOT APPLICABLE might mean good news, you could read about it here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-not-applicable.506813/

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I have been observing spousal application go fast 3-6 months, I think dependents take longer to process. I'm not even sure when ours will be PPR or might even get rejected who knows. We got a ghost update last week, it might be good, we just have to wait.

the message NOT APPLICABLE might mean good news, you could read about it here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-not-applicable.506813/
Stephan my gc key status says "submitted" after I get pre arrival letter last Aug 16. No updates yet. Maybe I didn't noticed that to got ghost update bec usually when I log in to my gckey i click check full. Lol.

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Stephan my gc key status says "submitted" after I get pre arrival letter last Aug 16. No updates yet. Maybe I didn't noticed that to got ghost update bec usually when I log in to my gckey i click check full. Lol.
If your not looking for it then it usually gets missed. For us it was there and gone after I touched the link. I think Stephan asked earlier if mine was a 2nd or 3rd and mine was for sure a third. I think things in MVO have slowed to a crawl. My wife is on a few Facebook forums and no one has been getting anything fast, one just got theirs after a year. But the really awesome part is how nice and quick the CPC-M are moving.

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
If your not looking for it then it usually gets missed. For us it was there and gone after I touched the link. I think Stephan asked earlier if mine was a 2nd or 3rd and mine was for sure a third. I think things in MVO have slowed to a crawl. My wife is on a few Facebook forums and no one has been getting anything fast, one just got theirs after a year. But the really awesome part is how nice and quick the CPC-M are moving.
I am not keeping my eyes on that ghost update Mike before I click the full check link. Lol. And I'm also at fb forum reading and interacting with the PAs. Hope our papers will be next to get PPR. That would be awesome.

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I am not keeping my eyes on that ghost update Mike before I click the full check link. Lol. And I'm also at fb forum reading and interacting with the PAs. Hope our papers will be next to get PPR. That would be awesome.
since Inday and Stephan told me about it. yes I am now checking on it before clicking the "check Full" link

GLou

Aug 13, 2019
How do I know if my application has been moved to VISA office? Will we be able to see it in the ECas? Do they send us an email notification?

I have completed my Medical Exam last Monday here in the Philippines and after that we haven't received any updates yet in eCas.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
How do I know if my application has been moved to VISA office? Will we be able to see it in the ECas? Do they send us an email notification?

I have completed my Medical Exam last Monday here in the Philippines and after that we haven't received any updates yet in eCas.
Is your application in Mississauga? The sponsor or the representative (if you have one) will get an email that your file has been transferred to Manila for further processing, it might also be processed in Mississauga and that would be good news.

GLou

Aug 13, 2019
Is your application in Mississauga? The sponsor or the representative (if you have one) will get an email that your file has been transferred to Manila for further processing, it might also be processed in Mississauga and that would be good news.
We sent my application to Sydney, NS. I am not sure if it is moved already or not. Does Manila VISA office process longer than Mississauga? Also, we are using a representative and so far all the email noticed were received by them.

This is my timeline so far:

Application Received: 08/22/2019
eCas says in Process: 08/21/2019
Biometrics Request: 08/26/2019
Biometrics Taken at VFS: 08/28/2019
Sponsor Approval: 08/27/2019
Medical Request: 08/29/2019
Medical Exam Taken: 09/03/2019
Medical Passed: ?
Move to VISA Office: ?

shaggiemaggie

Sep 5, 2019
Care to share the Facebook link?

Reactions: mjrom03

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Looks like things have slowed down for everyone. I wonder if it has anything to do with study visa's around this time of year. I can see that being the case if the officers reviewing the spousal visas also review the study visa. Hopefully we get over this hump and they start pumping out some more PPR's...

shaggiemaggie

Sep 5, 2019
Looks like things have slowed down for everyone. I wonder if it has anything to do with study visa's around this time of year. I can see that being the case if the officers reviewing the spousal visas also review the study visa. Hopefully we get over this hump and they start pumping out some more PPR's...
Agreed dec 2019 applicant here