+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I just got a Ghost Update/Application Profile Updated on the application in GCKEY.... I'm not sure what it is all about at the moment but I have heard ghost updates are a good thing.
We had our ghost update on August 19th but no other updates since. We almost actually wish we hadn't because it has make got our hopes up that something would come quickly and as the week has passed the air has gone out of the excitement.

In the mean time I leave for the Philippines in the morning, passing though Hong Kong both ways and hoping it is a peaceful transit.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
We had our ghost update on August 19th but no other updates since. We almost actually wish we hadn't because it has make got our hopes up that something would come quickly and as the week has passed the air has gone out of the excitement.

In the mean time I leave for the Philippines in the morning, passing though Hong Kong both ways and hoping it is a peaceful transit.
This could have been your second ghost update when GCkey background changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." When you get a third ghost update PPR is imminent. Give it time, it will come;)

Take a look at this thread about ghost updates:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/#post-7602441

Indayclariss

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I just got a Ghost Update/Application Profile Updated on the application in GCKEY.... I'm not sure what it is all about at the moment but I have heard ghost updates are a good thing.

This timeline was taken from another applicant from Manila, we were comparing each other's timelines, they are now in Canada...

Sponsor: Canadian citizen
PA origin: Philippines
Both of us around 30 yo
1 dependent child

June 10 - Started processing the application in ecas - 88 days
June 26 - AOR2(manila) - 104 days
July 4 - Ghost update - 112 days
July 9 - Pre arrival - 117 days
July 9 - DM - 117 days
July 9 - PPR - 117 days
July 15 - passport drop
July 16 - Final decision in GCKEY
July 17 - Passport received
Maybe that was the background check completed, that's what happened to mine, your almost there

Reactions: StephanH

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Under current status, usually it says "submitted"
Maybe HT was not aware of it until now so big chances she just clicked on "check full application status". I was not aware of this also, I was never paying attention to "current status" until I have read about it lately, I was really paying attention to my current status and bingo there it was "Application/Profile Updated". but returned to "submitted" after clicking on "check full application status". This is probably my third ghost update and last one;) Let's cross fingers.

HT you probably got them but you were not aware, specially you said you got pre arrival already. I would think that if you get pre arrival you would not get anymore ghost updates....

Last edited:

Indayclariss

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Maybe HT was not aware of it until now so big chances she just clicked on "check full application status". I was not aware of this also, I was never paying attention to "current status" until I have read about it lately, I was really paying attention to my current status and bingo there it was "Application/Profile Updated". but returned to "submitted" after clicking on "check full application status". This is probably my third ghost update and last one;) Let's cross fingers.

HT you probably got them but you were not aware, specially you said you got pre arrival already. I would think that if you get pre arrival you would not get anymore ghost updates....
Yes that's possible, especially if she went to details directly. Yes yes, cross finger's to you both. Any moment now :D

HAPPYTWOFEET

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019

haha you probably right Stephan:) I didn't noticed ghost Update.

razreim

Aug 28, 2014
Update lng mejo masakit exp ko sa representative nmin. Delayed ang biometrics nmin dhil sa kanila. May 15 pa dpat may request n kami hndi nila napansin nasa spam folder n pla. Wala din notification sa ecas or gckey. Kaya aun last last week lng kami nkapag bio. Buti naka request agad kami ng extension sa manilaimmigration thru email. Sana un na lang iniintay. Pre-arrival na nung Last week pa ng June.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Update lng mejo masakit exp ko sa representative nmin. Delayed ang biometrics nmin dhil sa kanila. May 15 pa dpat may request n kami hndi nila napansin nasa spam folder n pla. Wala din notification sa ecas or gckey. Kaya aun last last week lng kami nkapag bio. Buti naka request agad kami ng extension sa manilaimmigration thru email. Sana un na lang iniintay. Pre-arrival na nung Last week pa ng June.
Hi,

Ask ko lan nung nakatanggap ka ng AOR letter did you receive it thru your email or thru representative. TIA

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
We received pre arrival services letter today. Wish it was the ppr though as i think you can still wait a lot after getting pre arrival letter.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
We received pre arrival services letter today. Wish it was the ppr though as i think you can still wait a lot after getting pre arrival letter.
The only thing the pre arrival confirms is that the PA is eligible. I see applicants only getting the pre arrival first and they have to wait from 0-3 months and some applicants get everything at once PA/PPR/DM...