+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Jersey Driving Extract

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Mostly they will take it and give you a Canadian license. So what is the issue if they take it?.

You should first referring to the site rather than calling as they wont be telling you full detail.
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/drivers-licences/foreign-drivers-licence/
Taking is fine. I am not clear if they want an driver's history extract, as few of them are discussing on the extract, i already have a valid license till 2023 and i have my old licenses(starting 2016) that were cut and gave back to me.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Taking is fine. I am not clear if they want an driver's history extract, as few of them are discussing on the extract, i already have a valid license till 2023 and i have my old licenses(starting 2016) that were cut and gave back to me.
In that link they have mentioned on driving extract at the end(after you start choosing options, it will tell based on the country selected)

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have a month to go before I land in Canada
Few Questions:
- I have ordered for a full certified copy of the driver's abstract through online payment and the DMV will mail me in 7-10 business days. Should I order a mail copy also?
- Should I also order the certified copy of "Issue Date of Driver". What should I put in "Your File or Claim #" in DO-11 form?

Thanks,
Karan

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hi All,

I have a month to go before I land in Canada
Few Questions:
- I have ordered for a full certified copy of the driver's abstract through online payment and the DMV will mail me in 7-10 business days. Should I order a mail copy also?
- Should I also order the certified copy of "Issue Date of Driver". What should I put in "Your File or Claim #" in DO-11 form?

Thanks,
Karan
you have to specify the state for driving extract. every state has different format.

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
HI,

i have an appointment in December. i will keep you posted once done. Did you take an extract? how did you apply for it?
Hi - I am in a similar situation and not able to find anything helpful online. Been to drivetest and they asked me to get another driver abstract. I have already moved to Canada. I ordered the NJ abstract online which only has expiration date.

Any idea how to get the abstract with issue date? I looked at form DO-11 but it requires to send money order. I m not sure if I can send money order from Canada to NJ.

Were you able to get this resolved and if so how?

Thank you.
Dvan

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi - I am in a similar situation and not able to find anything helpful online. Been to drivetest and they asked me to get another driver abstract. I have already moved to Canada. I ordered the NJ abstract online which only has expiration date.

Any idea how to get the abstract with issue date? I looked at form DO-11 but it requires to send money order. I m not sure if I can send money order from Canada to NJ.

Thank you.
Dvan
Hi,

I haven't taken abstracts, im based out of quebec and they haven't asked any abstracts but considered exchanging my US license. Yes, you need money orders/cheques to send DO-11 forms. Try requesting the banks to send cheques to your US friends address and then ship it to your place or else findout with them if they can send cheques directly to Canada's address.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017

Thank you.
Dvan
You can get USD draft from TD Bank, please refer to this thread for more info https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-drivers-license-exchange-with-a-nj-drivers-license.147837/page-5#post-9666323

Reactions: iceman55