+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Jersey Driving Extract

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
I went to exchange my expired New Jersey driving extract to local Driving Test Center and was told that the DMV extract should mention start date.
Now, NJ extract doesnot mentions start date and I argued that start date is same as Driving license date. There was an old lady, who mentioned that they dont accept extract without start date and this is mandatory.
Not sure what should I do now. I called NJ DMV and they said its a valid format.

Anyone facing same issue? Please let me know.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I went to exchange my expired New Jersey driving extract to local Driving Test Center and was told that the DMV extract should mention start date.
Now, NJ extract doesnot mentions start date and I argued that start date is same as Driving license date. There was an old lady, who mentioned that they dont accept extract without start date and this is mandatory.
Not sure what should I do now. I called NJ DMV and they said its a valid format.

Did you get the extract from the office? If so then possibly they wont give it in the format these guys want. So picky and pain.
So find out if there is other option to get the extract via post. There will be a form to send to some head/some office at NJ to get the full detail of the extract which includes usually all the detail these guys want. Search on the NJ site and find the option of mailing to apply for extract.

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Did you get the extract from the office? If so then possibly they wont give it in the format these guys want. So picky and pain.
So find out if there is other option to get the extract via post. There will be a form to send to some head/some office at NJ to get the full detail of the extract which includes usually all the detail these guys want. Search on the NJ site and find the option of mailing to apply for extract.
Local DMV was closed so I ordered it online when was about to move a month back. On that note, I have 4 years extract from 2015-2019 from Illinois which mentions start and end date. Will these guys consider that? I have both Illinois and NJ DLs with me. I want to try some other Driving Center as at this one they were very uncooperative.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Local DMV was closed so I ordered it online when was about to move a month back. On that note, I have 4 years extract from 2015-2019 from Illinois which mentions start and end date. Will these guys consider that? I have both Illinois and NJ DLs with me. I want to try some other Driving Center as at this one they were very uncooperative.
They are uncooperative and picky. They will want to see that extract which also accompanies a cover letter in the letter of that dept hence these guys were seeking all sorts of these hence they say its not accepted.
Its not easy to deal with them.
We get it in right format only when we request NJ through post which gives all these.

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
They are uncooperative and picky. They will want to see that extract which also accompanies a cover letter in the letter of that dept hence these guys were seeking all sorts of these hence they say its not accepted.
We get it in right format only when we request NJ through post which gives all these.
Thank for the response. So, should I fill DO-11 form? If so can you please let me know what should I fill in the section "Date you want covered?"
This is the link of the form for reference. https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/license/DO-11.pdf

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Not easy to deal with because the Province has rules to follow ?
Yah ok

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Yah ok
well its not rule, its about common sense. NJ DL full extract does mentions all details and will highlight any event such as denial expiration etc. Also, date off issue is mentioned on activity date. So all they have to do is check license and then match the same on abstract. However, they behave like machines and not use common sence .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yah ok
Did the rule tells to ask me "How come the letter is not folded?"? Which rule book say that to ask the customer?
By looking the unfolded letter i brought which i received through return envelope from michigan. So assumed that it was only sent by regular mail and questioning me assuming how i got it. Surely she was thinking that i printed it out.
I know about their FBI investigative nature hence i say that they are pain. They just dont follow the rules alone. They are way over head.
If they dont have any way to verify then they should keep quiet and issue license and they stop asking nonsense question (like letter not folded) just because they have authority.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Hi Mantri,

So , for exchanging, if i have a valid driving license, then i do not need to request an extract. is that right? Or i need to show them the both. Please clarify. thanks.

Harry0789

Nov 19, 2020
Hey i have the same situation and got the driving extract but it does not have the start date.did your issue got resolved?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hey i have the same situation and got the driving extract but it does not have the start date.did your issue got resolved?
HI,

i have an appointment in December. i will keep you posted once done. Did you take an extract? how did you apply for it?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Mantri,

So , for exchanging, if i have a valid driving license, then i do not need to request an extract. is that right? Or i need to show them the both. Please clarify. thanks.
Ontario: Without extract they would agree to only one year of experience and you wont get full G license.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

It might be a problem (at least in Windsor) as they expect the initial issue date or the history of issuances with start and end dates of license.
You should be applying via paper/certified type which will have full detail rather than applying for the extract at the dmv location. Depending on your state, try to check for the one that is processed through postal form request (to the head office / capital city)
HI,

i have an appointment in December. i will keep you posted once done. Did you take an extract? how did you apply for it?
Michigan: Getting the extract via post gives full and needed detail for the license office in Windsor. At least in Windsor, they dont accept anything else for Michigan. https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_11461---,00.html#6 - Record Request for Account Holders (BDVR-153)

If your license is from some other state then find similar mailing option to get your extract to avoid hassle at ontario office. Apply soon and be ready or else you will have to make another appointment.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Ontario: Without extract they would agree to only one year of experience and you wont get full G license.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

It might be a problem (at least in Windsor) as they expect the initial issue date or the history of issuances with start and end dates of license.
You should be applying via paper/certified type which will have full detail rather than applying for the extract at the dmv location. Depending on your state, try to check for the one that is processed through postal form request (to the head office / capital city)

Michigan: Getting the extract via post gives full and needed detail for the license office in Windsor. At least in Windsor, they dont accept anything else for Michigan. https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_11461---,00.html#6 - Record Request for Account Holders (BDVR-153)

If your license is from some other state then find similar mailing option to get your extract to avoid hassle at ontario office. Apply soon and be ready or else you will have to make another appointment.
Hi Hari,

any idea about quebec license? i have a valid license with me from new york. When i called to book an appointment, they told, we need to just show the license and they do not take the license. But on the site it says exchange with USA license.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Hari,

any idea about quebec license? i have a valid license with me from new york. When i called to book an appointment, they told, we need to just show the license and they do not take the license. But on the site it says exchange with USA license.
Mostly they will take it and give you a Canadian license. So what is the issue if they take it?.

You should first referring to the site rather than calling as they wont be telling you full detail.
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/drivers-licences/foreign-drivers-licence/