+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
SUCCESS!!!
GCKey Application (Old Portal; wasn't aware of the new portal at the time of application)
Parents Visitor Visa Application from India:

Applied: 22 December 2021
BIL: 23 December 2021
Biometrics: 05 January 2022 (updated same day on the profiles)
Review Started: 13 or 14 January 2022
BVL & PPR: 20 January 2022 (exactly 15 days after Biometrics)

It is their first Visa application for any country.
Mother working (Govt employee) and Father retired (Govt job).
For anyone wondering about the efficacy of the old portal, It is working and you don't need to be scared and reapply in the new portal.
Just make sure that your documents are in order and updated.
Thank you to each and everyone of you who shares and who helps others. I hope everyone hears good news soon.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Please house, I am an international student in Canada and I am trying to apply for a visit visa for my mom to attend my graduation in the summer. My question is can I use my own GCKEY to apply for her? Or I should create a new account for her. My mom is old and doesn’t know much about computer. Abs if I am helping her do I need to fill a representative for? Please I need help.

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Please house, I am an international student in Canada and I am trying to apply for a visit visa for my mom to attend my graduation in the summer. My question is can I use my own GCKEY to apply for her? Or I should create a new account for her. My mom is old and doesn’t know much about computer. Abs if I am helping her do I need to fill a representative for? Please I need help.
Yes. It is required to fill IMM5476 form if you are applying on behalf of your mother.. it is better to open a new account under new Portal .. process is bit easy compared to GCKey .. All the best !!

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Yes. It is required to fill IMM5476 form if you are applying on behalf of your mother.. it is better to open a new account under new Portal .. process is bit easy compared to GCKey .. All the best !!
Thank you for your reply, please I have one more question, does my mom have ti sign the IMM5476? If she does how do I do it as she is not in same country with me. And what do you mean by me opening new account under new portal? Is it same as GCKEY? And please can you send me the link to open a new portal for my mom. Thank you and God bless

adupadhy

Sep 29, 2021
Received passport request mail for my parents' Visitor visa. Below is my timeline
Aug 31 2021 - Applied for TRV
Oct 4 2021 - Biometrics done at bangalore
Dec 30 2021 - Ghost mail. Got mail from DoNotReply-NePasRepondre@cic.gc.ca
Jan 19 2021 - Received passport request mail
Paid the VFS passport collection fees. Waiting for bluedart guy to pickup the courier.
I applied through old IRCC portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandy.c and LorLor

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Received passport request mail for my parents' Visitor visa. Below is my timeline
Paid the VFS passport collection fees. Waiting for bluedart guy to pickup the courier.
Congratulations. Could you please share when did eligibility review start?

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello, please could you tell me how your parent signed the representative form? Did you do the visa application on behalf of them? And did you sign the representative form. I am trying to get my parent to Canada to attend my graduation in June. And please do you know the new link to how I can start the process.

ShaneF

Dec 29, 2020
Thank you for your reply, please I have one more question, does my mom have ti sign the IMM5476? If she does how do I do it as she is not in same country with me. And what do you mean by me opening new account under new portal? Is it same as GCKEY? And please can you send me the link to open a new portal for my mom. Thank you and God bless
this is IRCC new portal : https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

you can fill the details and ask your mom to sign it . scan it and send it back to you..