+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Oct 22, 2021
Hi guys I need a suggestion I applied visitor visa for my parents in June 2021 biometrics done in June as well should I apply a new application or keep waiting for the old one your suggestion really matter Thankyou
if you don’t plan to travel and just want visa then wait, if u want to travel within the next few months then apply again

Reactions: Zayn32

Kash01

Nov 10, 2021
Hi, to all those who reapplied using the new portal to reunite with a family member and got their pprs, did you enter the old UCI details to link the old application to the new one? Also, what was the estimate duration of the trip you entered in your application? Are 3 weeks good enough?

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi, to all those who reapplied using the new portal to reunite with a family member and got their pprs, did you enter the old UCI details to link the old application to the new one? Also, what was the estimate duration of the trip you entered in your application? Are 3 weeks good enough?
3 weeks is good enough, mine was 6. Still waiting. Please include the old UCI number. Helps if your biometrics are done.

Kash01

Nov 10, 2021
Does anyone know about the optional consent personal info form in the new IRCC portal towards the end of the application? Do we need to submit that?

Wahidur20

May 3, 2018
Hello everyone
I applied for my parents visitor visa on 31 march 2021. But haven’t heard anything back from ircc. And according to the new rules after September 7, I will have to let ircc know about Covid-19 exemption. My question is how can I let them know about it ,my parents are fully vaccinated.please advise

thanks

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hello everyone
I applied for my parents visitor visa on 31 march 2021. But haven’t heard anything back from ircc. And according to the new rules after September 7, I will have to let ircc know about Covid-19 exemption. My question is how can I let them know about it ,my parents are fully vaccinated.please advise

thanks
Now COVID 19 exemption wont work.. I also applied first on 25Mar2021. I re-applied in new IRCC portal on 25Oct2021. Anyways no update, but hoping something i will hear by this month end... If you want to show them they are vaccinated attach COVID certificates via webforms, but its again no use..

TreZel

May 17, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
08-09-2023
Med's Request
20-09-2023
Med's Done....
29-09-2023
Hi guys I need a suggestion I applied visitor visa for my parents in June 2021 biometrics done in June as well should I apply a new application or keep waiting for the old one your suggestion really matter Thankyou
We originally applied in July with biometrics completed in mid-August. Today, we reapplied using the IRCC Portal https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en and what I found was the application itself is quite a bit different from when we applied using the IRCC Account (where you sign-in with a GCKey or sign-on partner.) The application was different but mostly the same information - some was typed in, and only a few letters were required to be uploaded; compared to the original application which had most of the information completed by filling out forms then uploading the forms.

We've been worried ever since September 7 whether we should reapply or keep waiting, and today we finally broke down and reapplied. I sure hope it's worth it.

TreZel

Reactions: Zayn32

nsaha1510

Sep 11, 2019
I applied TRV for my parents on June 25th using the GCKEY login. Till now no progress was made for the same. Now, after the 7th Sept declaration, I again reapplied on Nov 8th, using GCKEY login. Should I have applied using the new IRCC portal instead of the GCKEY login, or it does not matter? Please let me know if anyone applied second time through GCKEY.

TreZel

May 17, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
AOR Received.
08-09-2023
Med's Request
20-09-2023
Med's Done....
29-09-2023
I applied TRV for my parents on June 25th using the GCKEY login. Till now no progress was made for the same. Now, after the 7th Sept declaration, I again reapplied on Nov 8th, using GCKEY login. Should I have applied using the new IRCC portal instead of the GCKEY login, or it does not matter? Please let me know if anyone applied second time through GCKEY.
I started our reapplication in our existing IRCC Account (login through GCKey) because I didn’t realize there was a difference between the IRCC Account and the IRCC Portal (I had been assuming I understood how things “should” be and was wrong, again). So when someone posted a link to the IRCC Portal https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en and it turned out to be different from the IRCC Account, I registered and applied through the IRCC Portal.

Although I can’t say which is better, the application is different. Most of the forms I had previously filled out and submitted through the IRCC Account (GCKey) are answered online as part of the application through the IRCC Portal Account. So there are fewer forms to upload. I’m thinking this is better because it gives IRCC easier access to working with our information. But really, I’m just guessing; so far, my logic and reason, has not been aligned with IRCC’s.

Hope this helps.

TreZel

Reactions: JaiCanada

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
Applied again today via New IRCC Portal

Time till now:
Application 1 : didnot withdraw
Applied thru Gckey - June 2021
Biometerics - completed Sept 8 2021
backgroud - in progress
no information since then, Application is in New delhi office.
I emailed My MP and they confirmed from IRCC that
-The criminality verifications have passed.

Application 2 :
New IRCC Portal :11 Nove 2021
Biometerics : not required. When submited application old one got picked up automatically . There was question in application is biometeric valid and do yo u want again. Did mention original UCI in starting
Currently showing in application as soon i submitted and payed
backgroud - in progress

Fingers crossed i hope parents get visa this month. I am due in January.

Thank you everyone here.