+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021
How much time will it take for the biometrics to get updated on IRCC portal . Also do we need to withdraw old application?

1st application- nov 2020
Biometrics- July 2021
2nd application- sep 30 2021
I have the same problem. I received a request letter asking me to pay my biometrics even though I have already completed it last March 5, 2021. I got the request letter 27th (EST) and submitted it the same day. It hasn't reflected my account yet. I did not even receive a notification or confirmation that they got it. So I'm a bit anxious now.

Gayathry

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
I have the same problem. I received a request letter asking me to pay my biometrics even though I have already completed it last March 5, 2021. I got the request letter 27th (EST) and submitted it the same day. It hasn't reflected my account yet. I did not even receive a notification or confirmation that they got it. So I'm a bit anxious now.
You receive the request letter asking for biometrics even though you selected biometrics completed while filling the application via portal ?
also is the UCI getting reflected ?

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021
You receive the request letter asking for biometrics even though you selected biometrics completed while filling the application via portal ?
also is the UCI getting reflected ?
I received a request letter asking me to pay the biometrics ($85) and upload the receipt in the portal and wait 24 hours for further instructions on how to submit my biometrics.

I uploaded the previous receipt of my first application. I also submitted a webform mentioning that I already completed my biometrics last March 5, 201. I only received a generic response.

They also gave me a different UCI. No idea why, since my UCI is mentioned in the forms that I submitted. Even in the client information document that I provided.

Are you experiencing the same issue? BTW I applied in GCKEY.

Last edited:

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
Yup, I'm just now realizing that my question was stupid. Lol. I wonder if weekends & holidays are counted within the estimated processing time.
Its not its 14-30 business days. So thats monday to friday and excludes holidays ( i assume Canadian holidays, so there is 2 in October..) With that being said theres still updates happening on weekends its just not apart of there promise.

Reactions: Ktxbbd

Isiatu

Jun 23, 2021
Hello everyone,
1st application May/25/2021
2nd application Sep/09/2021
Both GCkey
Purpose of travel family reunion
I’m fully vaccinated I’ve sent webform with my vaccination proof
Visa office London
On September 24 I received a correspondence letter for my old application
And today I received a withdrawal letter for that same old application but nothing has changed on the new application, and on the withdrawal letter it’s stated that I requested for it to be withdrawn but I didn’t.

please I’m so anxious right now can someone please help.

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
You mean to say that even on the first application your biometrics were not updated? If so, then you may not even received AOR email also on the first application

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
Hello everyone,
1st application May/25/2021
2nd application Sep/09/2021
Both GCkey
Purpose of travel family reunion
I’m fully vaccinated I’ve sent webform with my vaccination proof
Visa office London
On September 24 I received a correspondence letter for my old application
And today I received a withdrawal letter for that same old application but nothing has changed on the new application, and on the withdrawal letter it’s stated that I requested for it to be withdrawn but I didn’t.

please I’m so anxious right now can someone please help.
You did request for it to be withdrawn by making a secound application. All you can do is wait you will probably get your answer soon

walexo2021

Sep 26, 2021
Hi I have a pending PR application with IRCC and provided biometric information in January 2021. I recently submitted an application for a visitor visa. IRCC sent me a request to share the receipt of payment for biometrics. Kindly advise on which documents to send as i am not sure since the biometric fee was paid with the payment for the PR application.
This is urgent please!!!

Isiatu

Jun 23, 2021
You did request for it to be withdrawn by making a secound application. All you can do is wait you will probably get your answer soon
Alright I hope and pray so, as this application they’ve withdrawn has just passed the current processing time, I pray the new application doesn’t take that long

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT
How do you know from which office they are processing? i applied from Saudi Arabia on Aug 2020 then re applied through new portal on Sep 12 2021.. nothing yet on both..
Hi,

I also applied from Saudi Arabia.

1st application on 15th July
2nd application submitted on 12th September but from GCKEY.

Please update if you have received any response

walexo2021

Sep 26, 2021
I received a request letter asking me to pay the biometrics ($85) and upload the receipt in the portal and wait 24 hours for further instructions on how to submit my biometrics.

I uploaded the previous receipt of my first application. I also submitted a webform mentioning that I already completed my biometrics last March 5, 201. I only received a generic response.

They also gave me a different UCI. No idea why, since my UCI is mentioned in the forms that I submitted. Even in the client information document that I provided.

Are you experiencing the same issue? BTW I applied in GCKEY.
Please where do you get the receipt as I paid for biometrics as part of a PR application with dependants and I cannot recollect having any receipt