Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
However, Mumbai VAC(I reside in Mumbai) has the earliest appointment for late October which falls outside the 30 days window.
Not a problem, they have extended validity to 90 days, check here on forums or cic web. Alternatively, try some other places like Kolkatta. Even I had to go to Kolkatta in June as the appointments in North & West were booked for many weeks.

Update from my side, I applied for TRV on April 26th and went for Biometrics in June and there was no update. Then on the 8th, based on CIC updated recommendations, I reapplied on 8th Sep and the application was seen and processed very fast. Got the passport picked on the 14th and today consulate has sent it back to VFS. I can already see a counterfoil number of the Visa on the online portal. I Hope, I am interpreting correctly and get the passport back soon with stamped visa.

I think the earlier Applications were processed by machine and there must be errors. I was given a totally different UCI on the new application in April even when I had an old UCI for the past 10 Years, common on TRV as well PR and clearly mentioned in my application. I tried getting it updated but with no success. Now, on the new application, I mentioned the new UCI, as my Biometrics was linked with that number, but the acknowledgment that I got, had old UCI and Biometrics from the April application. I realised some humans are now actually working!

Good work by CIC after the initial lull. Hope it works for needy people like me, my spouse and son are Canadian citizens and I haven't seen them now for over 12 months.

Reactions: nishit99

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021
Not a problem, they have extended validity to 90 days, check here on forums or cic web. Alternatively, try some other places like Kolkatta. Even I had to go to Kolkatta in June as the appointments in North & West were booked for many weeks.

Update from my side, I applied for TRV on April 26th and went for Biometrics in June and there was no update. Then on the 8th, based on CIC updated recommendations, I reapplied on 8th Sep and the application was seen and processed very fast. Got the passport picked on the 14th and today consulate has sent it back to VFS. I can already see a counterfoil number of the Visa on the online portal. I Hope, I am interpreting correctly and get the passport back soon with stamped visa.

I think the earlier Applications were processed by machine and there must be errors. I was given a totally different UCI on the new application in April even when I had an old UCI for the past 10 Years, common on TRV as well PR and clearly mentioned in my application. I tried getting it updated but with no success. Now, on the new application, I mentioned the new UCI, as my Biometrics was linked with that number, but the acknowledgment that I got, had old UCI and Biometrics from the April application. I realised some humans are now actually working!

Good work by CIC after the initial lull. Hope it works for needy people like me, my spouse and son are Canadian citizens and I haven't seen them now for over 12 months.
Hello, I am in the same boat as you as per having different UCIs.

First application was March 2, 2021.
I reapplied last September 18, 2021.

However I got a different UCI although I mentioned the UCI that I got from the first application in the forms and letter that I attached in my application.

Just wondering, did you send them a webform to flag this or did they solve it on their own as per their records?

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Nothing to worry about, IRCC says it doesn't matter if you apply through portal or gckey. Infact GCKEY have faster response in the last few days.
Hi, did you receive any response from Abu dhabi office? They don't seem to be responding to webforms now.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015

Hi did you apply second time through gckey or ircc portal?

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
Abu Dhabi is very slow. not sure if they will process visit visa in two weeks to 30 days.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I applied from ircc new portal and my purpose of visit was to meet my wife who is on study permit. I already had a usa visa so did not submit any financial docs.
Congratulations on your PPR,
When we apply via portal, they are giving an estimated processing timeline did that change on your application now?
Also Just wanted to know the country you applied from.

Thank you

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi need some help,
I am on my pgwp in Canada and I am applying for my parent's visa through the portal, can I include my brother (who is a minor) in the application. Dependents can be included in a family application, however, the definition of immediate family members does not include a brother. He however cant be left alone, can the group application with a letter of explanation work?

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Nothing to worry about, IRCC says it doesn't matter if you apply through portal or gckey. Infact GCKEY have faster response in the last few days.
That's right. I read that too.

brane.r

Sep 13, 2021
I applied primarily via GCKEY. Now I want to reapply. It says I should do it through portal but everybody here says GCKEY is faster. Is it possible that I have some problems if I apply through GCKEY and not portal?