+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Immgrant Can apply for Unemployment Benefit if yes how

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Nawabsaheb said:
Badal Pharm

kindly post some job posting links
Nawab Saheb

Please make sure, do not make any such comments in front of your potential employer. No employer even willing to see a person who want to have easy money. You can also search for job at Kijiji, Calgary career, craglist, monster, indeed (search web sites with these names). In downtown calgary at corner of 8th Ave and 8th street there is a government office call HRDC. You can go there and use internet free for search web sites, they can also assist you in searching job if you ask them for assistance. You can also go to CCIS, early leaning center, YMCA for further assistance. Initial phase of immigiration is tough but Canada is land for those who know how to go tough when tough is going.

Good Luck

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Loulou79 said:
4000 for a furnished apartment for one month and one week. 4000 for futniture for the permenant apartment. and 8400 rent in advance to accept renting to a newcomer with no history. and more than 2000 for grocery, transportation etc......
It shows you didn't plan your immigiration at all.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Loulou79 said:
I know, but whenever i put an offer to lease, they declined it cuz I do not have a credit history. Pay 100 CAD per day for the furnished apartment and I would pay the whole year in advance just to lease and pay the half + the ydro.

Guys!!!, did I say that I will ask for any benefits??? I was saying that the Canadian goverment should ask ppl to bring more.
I disagree with you. Not because you found that 10 000$ was not enough for a month that others should be penalized by having to meet a higher standard in terms of required funds. Others have managed perfectly well without spending it all in month.

I agree with Hasher, you probably didn't do your research before landing.

silverdelt

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
2 August 2011
Med's Request
13 June 2011
Med's Done....
15 June 2011
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
No clue
VISA ISSUED...
No Clue
LANDED..........
No clue
I think there should be an orientation session for all newcomers to Canada.

Some of us were lucky to have a wide network of friends and family already living in Canada who give us a reality check before we arrive. For example I came to Canada from a relatively privileged background but was perfectly OK and mentally ready to work minimum wage, buy used furniture from thrift stores, purchase no-name / un-branded grocery on a budget etc. The only big money (my savings) I spent in Canada was on getting a Canadian post-secondary education.

You can't have your cake and eat it too - immigrating to any country in the world will potentially set you back professionally and financially - be ready to make the sacrifices and put in the work to get yourself on track to attain the same life you had back home...otherwise just don't immigrate.

Good luck Nawab Saheb - nawabi will not work in Canada - time to put in the elbow grease!

Reactions: vasishta.sushant

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
badalpharm said:
Nawab Saheb,

Go to your country and ask your government to give you that benefit.

You are here to work and earn. not to ____________. I hope you got it.

Have some dignity and find work, I hope you will find job easily which will pay you at least $10/hr.

Do you want me to send some job posting link?
i see that some of the comments are quite Harsh, and attacking him in person. In my point of view - regardless of whether you agree with him or not - the guy has asked a question - you may choose to answer with a simple yes or no - or not to answer at all...whats the point in questioning him/insulting or making fun of him? What would you gain by that?

I see in other discussions people asking about child benefits and were answered very professionally. If you take the question positively indeed you will be able to come up with a positive answer.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
@ badalpharm
i see that some of the comments are quite Harsh, and attacking him in person. In my point of view - regardless of whether you agree with him or not - the guy has asked a question - you may choose to answer with a simple yes or no - or not to answer at all...whats the point in questioning him/insulting or making fun of him? What would you gain by that?
I see your point. However, I kind of see it as an offense if newcomers ask for financial support right after landing as it reflects a weird attitude to me and all Canadian tax payers. At the end this attitude is what puts us all immigrants into a bad light - even though it's just a very small minority of immigrants who come with this expectation. But this is exactly what anti-immigration Canadians think of immigrants: come to Canada and abuse our social system....

It also questions whether the applicant submitted a true application including availability of required funds...

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
clubcanada said:
@ badalpharm
I see your point. However, I kind of see it as an offense if newcomers ask for financial support right after landing as it reflects a weird attitude to me and all Canadian tax payers. At the end this attitude is what puts us all immigrants into a bad light - even though it's just a very small minority of immigrants who come with this expectation. But this is exactly what anti-immigration Canadians think of immigrants: come to Canada and abuse our social system....

It also questions whether the applicant submitted a true application including availability of required funds...
True.

CooLDUD3143

Sep 13, 2012
What R U Guys Talking about??

I Just talked to the Government for Income Assistance Ontario Works they gave me these Reasons:
* live in Ontario
* need money right away to help pay for food and housing costs
* be willing to take part in activities that will help you find a job.

If Im meeting the above requirements Im Entitled for financial assistance by the Canadian government and In Canada its a Centralized system so if its in Ontario its gotta be Alberta Check it again bro cuz im being offered it my Friend :p ;D

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010

I Just talked to the Government for Income Assistance Ontario Works they gave me these Reasons:
* live in Ontario

If Im meeting the above requirements Im Entitled for financial assistance by the Canadian government and In Canada its a Centralized system so if its in Ontario its gotta be Alberta Check it again bro cuz im being offered it my Friend
You'd better check this quite thoroughly. As a new PR you have to have funds in order to get your PR. If you provided faked financial information in your application and CIC finds out, your PR status might get revoked. Applying for any kind of financial assistance right after landing is a clear indication that there's something fishy... So yes, go ahead and apply for financial assistance but don;t be surprised about the potential consequences....

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
This is exactly the kind of reasoning that makes native Canadians have a disliking for immigrants, not that it's right. There's nothing wrong with getting help if you need to, but the gov't specifically asks for proof of funds to ensure people can survive for at least 6 months when they arrive. Anyway, the immigration minister is now suggesting to provinces to create a wait period during which new arrivals can not get assistance. This will be bad for people who really need it because a few have decided to take advantage and abuse the system. If you can work or can afford it, you really shouldn't apply for social assistance.

CooLDUD3143 said:

* live in Ontario

If Im meeting the above requirements Im Entitled for financial assistance by the Canadian government and In Canada its a Centralized system so if its in Ontario its gotta be Alberta Check it again bro cuz im being offered it my Friend :p ;D

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
This is exactly the kind of reasoning that makes native Canadians have a disliking for immigrants, not that it's right. There's nothing wrong with getting help if you need to, but the gov't specifically asks for proof of funds to ensure people can survive for at least 6 months when they arrive. Anyway, the immigration minister is now suggesting to provinces to create a wait period during which new arrivals can not get assistance. This will be bad for people who really need it because a few have decided to take advantage and abuse the system. If you can work or can afford it, you really shouldn't apply for social assistance.
& what would happen after six months? If they still don't get a relevant job. i think a better way to solve the issue would be for Canadian Companies/Organizations to be more accepting/willing to employ immigrants in their original "fields" of specialization. The minister increasing the barriers faced by immigrants will not help.

CooLDUD3143

Sep 13, 2012
Yeah?? Well Im Already a Canadian Citizen and PR I did'nt give no application Im returning to Canada after 12 Years I will show my Canadian passport and enter into Canada and Yes Ontario Works Is providing every help I need to help me settle Down... BOO YEAH!!!!! :p :p :p

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CooLDUD3143 said:
Yeah?? Well Im Already a Canadian Citizen and PR I did'nt give no application Im returning to Canada after 12 Years I will show my Canadian passport and enter into Canada and Yes Ontario Works Is providing every help I need to help me settle Down... BOO YEAH!!!!! :p :p :p
I think something must have gone wrong with your upbringing. Most people feel pride in achieving something by working hard, not by how much money they can milk out of their fellow taxpayer.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree... unfortunately, such laws affect those doing things the right way, which is why those taking advantage of the system should start pulling their own weight. The gov't is doing more now to reduce the barriers by focusing on immigrants who speak one of two official languages and people are still complaining.

emamabd said:
& what would happen after six months? If they still don't get a relevant job. i think a better way to solve the issue would be for Canadian Companies/Organizations to be more accepting/willing to employ immigrants in their original "fields" of specialization. The minister increasing the barriers faced by immigrants will not help.

CooLDUD3143

Sep 13, 2012
Yeah cuz finding a job is so easy right im gonna get hired in about 5 seconds... Im asking for it till I land a job it automatically seizes whn i can survive on my own thts the whole point of Income Assistance Bro.......I Dont cum from a privileged family just my Air ticket costs $1100