+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Immgrant Can apply for Unemployment Benefit if yes how

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it is not different. You can read here: http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Key_Information/STEL02_111677.html but at the same time it is common, see http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1123296--illegal-rent-deposits-a-norm-for-newcomers?bn=1

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
10,000 in one month is pretty unreasonable, I wouldn't expect anyone on a budget to have to pay that much, especially in Ontario where it is cheap rent and food. The most I would expect to pay outside of Toronto (when renting a room in a house with hydro and cable included) would be $500 per month. Groceries are cheap and I was able to survive on $35 a week but bigger eaters or people who don't cook would spend more. Loulou you're spending way too much, especially on rent, but I'm assuming you come from a more privileged background and are used to quite a high standard of living.
4000 for a furnished apartment for one month and one week. 4000 for futniture for the permenant apartment. and 8400 rent in advance to accept renting to a newcomer with no history. and more than 2000 for grocery, transportation etc......

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
It is against the law to ask for 6 months rent in advance. In Ontario, they can only ask for first and last.
I know, but whenever i put an offer to lease, they declined it cuz I do not have a credit history. Pay 100 CAD per day for the furnished apartment and I would pay the whole year in advance just to lease and pay the half + the ydro.

Guys!!!, did I say that I will ask for any benefits??? I was saying that the Canadian goverment should ask ppl to bring more.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
This is what I can glean from her posts, with all due respect for her. I think it's her rent that did it:

She pays 1400 a month for rent and had to pay 6 months down upfront.

She got a free promo cable offer but will have to pay $100 a month once that's up and a $400 disconnection fee is she decides to cancel ???

She's not planning to work in Canada at all.. so is being sent money by her family.
I'm not planning to work the first year, cuz I want to study and get a Canadian certifica. I was a manager at one of the biggest companies in the UAE, and Thank God I have enough savings that no one has to pay for my expenses.

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
Nawabsaheb said:
hi
I landed in calgary n now looking for job in Calgary
can i apply for unemployment benefit if yes then let me know the process

thanks

Nawab Saheb
Nawab Saheb,

Go to your country and ask your government to give you that benefit.

You are here to work and earn. not to ____________. I hope you got it.

Have some dignity and find work, I hope you will find job easily which will pay you at least $10/hr.

Do you want me to send some job posting link?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badalpharm said:
Nawab Saheb,

Have some dignity and find work, I hope you will find job easily which will pay you at least $10/hr.

Hello! his name is Nawab Saheb,..... Nawabs are not used to working for money, money and people work for them. wink! wink! Canadian tax payers lol
I really enjoyed reading this post, this tops my list of favourites

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
newtone said:
Hello! his name is Nawab Saheb,..... Nawabs are not used to working for money, money and people work for them. wink! wink! Canadian tax payers lol
I really enjoyed reading this post, this tops my list of favourites
Wow, you can tell that from the name?

I find some of the irony in Canadian Immigration is that you have to be pretty 'privileged' in your home country to even apply to come here. The sad truth of it is that money can buy you immigration. I think it would be nicer if the real poor and meek of the world were allowed the chance to come here and really make a better life for themselves, and leave the spoiled upper classes of the developing world to their own luxuries of home that they are so entitled to.

R

rishabshanker

@ Steph C "Nawab Saheb" roughly translates to Duke/Earl/Lord or basically some sort of Royalty....wonder why Nawab Saheb immigrated in the first place!! ....hmmm :)

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rishabshanker....Thank you, Nawab is synonymous with Royalty, maybe he is here to expand his empire and get more people to contribute generously to his royal coffer

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
rishabshanker said:
@ Steph C "Nawab Saheb" roughly translates to Duke/Earl/Lord or basically some sort of Royalty....wonder why Nawab Saheb immigrated in the first place!! ....hmmm :)
Oh it must be so tough for him here, after all he is used to at home..

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Unfortunately, just as many of the so called "real poor and meek of the world" are not interested in hard work either.

Steph C said:

I find some of the irony in Canadian Immigration is that you have to be pretty 'privileged' in your home country to even apply to come here. The sad truth of it is that money can buy you immigration. I think it would be nicer if the real poor and meek of the world were allowed the chance to come here and really make a better life for themselves, and leave the spoiled upper classes of the developing world to their own luxuries of home that they are so entitled to.

Nawabsaheb

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Badal Pharm

kindly post some job posting links

badalpharm said:
Nawab Saheb,

Heliosdz

Jun 3, 2012
Perth
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2006
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2007
Med's Request
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
03-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-11-2012
Hi Nawabsaheb, are you already in Canada or not yet ?

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:

Some of us do not have a home country-can't enter it. And with a travel document for refugees, there is no security, anytime you can be kicked out. Especially in the Arab countries.

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013