New fingerprints timeline

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update you guys,

I called the RCMP and asked them about the status of my fingerprints, they said that they are cleared and have been done and sent to CIC already.

They also did advise me to follow up with CIC to make sure they received them. She said to call on Monday. I really hope they will look into my file because these days the agents don't!

The RCMP were very quick with the Finger Print request and processed it in ONE DAY. That is because of course my record is clear.

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Hi got my fingerprint done today... the agency told me RCMP will take anywhere from 1 to 4 months to process my fingerprint. So I think, I should give break for this post and my ecase for the next 3 months...iam so sad this fingerprint request has added almost 4 months more to my processing time.

good luck everyone :eek: :eek:

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news guys, I called CIC today and they told me that it shows in their system that I did my fingerprints on the 6th and it was received on the 10th

She also told me that she doesn't know what my next step is, if it will be more documents or test date. But, she said they will send a letter asking for that or for test that is my next step Smiley

Overall I am happy I don't think I will have residence issues as I never left.

Good luck to all and let's keep updated!

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
it's a waiting game guys :-X

I didn't change my name but I still got a FP request end of March 2015 .. it's almost 4 months now since I did mine and nothing back from CIC ..
I did call CIC few weeks back and they confirmed the background check is done and I should be waiting for next steps bla bla bla bla ..
Still FPR is for sure better than receiving an RQ .. but it turns ur application to a non routine one ..

wait wait wait ..

take care ..

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
I did my test last month and the officer told me all is fine I should expect to receive Oath Letter in 2-4 months but today I checked my ecas and found this

We sent you correspondence on July 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

So I called CIC Call Centre the agent said it is a request for fingerprints.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this
- what does it mean?
- Does this mean further delay in my application? How long?
- How common is it to receive fingerprints request after the test and before the Oath ?

Jun 8, 2011
As per my understanding it seems they are taking from 1-4 months, i got my fingerprint request on 30th june but when i got the mail it was 3rd july, so i got my fingerprint done on 6th July since then there are no updates on my file, nor i got any response from the CIC call center agents. I have applied my application on Jan/15 so still waiting and keeping fingercross. As for new fees applicant the time frame for Citizenship is now a year. For me this is the 8th month since application submitted , so i m hoping to get something soon.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhanamnashaik said:
As per my understanding it seems they are taking from 1-4 months, i got my fingerprint request on 30th june but when i got the mail it was 3rd july, so i got my fingerprint done on 6th July since then there are no updates on my file, nor i got any response from the CIC call center agents. I have applied my application on Jan/15 so still waiting and keeping fingercross. As for new fees applicant the time frame for Citizenship is now a year. For me this is the 8th month since application submitted , so i m hoping to get something soon.
If you go on CIC website, the moment such requests are asked for by an applicant, the application is a Non-routine one, so they have the flexibility of taking upto 36 months from AoR to complete your file. Not to sound disheartening, but stay patient and who knows, they might process it faster than usual. link below :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
ScubaC said:
Just to update you guys,

I called the RCMP and asked them about the status of my fingerprints, they said that they are cleared and have been done and sent to CIC already.

They also did advise me to follow up with CIC to make sure they received them. She said to call on Monday. I really hope they will look into my file because these days the agents don't!

The RCMP were very quick with the Finger Print request and processed it in ONE DAY. That is because of course my record is clear.
How you could contact RCMP? Is there any specific number? the number on their website is always goes to the voice mail. Is there other number to follow up?

Thanks,

DBN

Jan 11, 2013
farhanamnashaik said:

Hi there.
We are having similar time frame. I sent my application on the 28/feb/15. Passed the test on July 22. Got letter requested for fingerprint 28/July. Done by early morning next day .
Still waiting for e-case update. I don't know how long dose it take to the Oath.
Dose anyone know how to contact to RCMP for fingerprint result?

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Hello

So I submitted my fingerprints last week Wednesday , now the question is what's next? How do I follow-up ?

Thanks

Jun 8, 2011
Hi All,

got some info that the processing time varies different for different individual, it now taking a period of 2-7 months to get any updates. These are the following procedure when u get a FP request.

1. Local office sends request for fingerprints
2. You go to third party to get fingerprint taken electronically
3. Electronic fingerprint get sent to RCMP
4. RCMP processes results and send results to CIC background check dept.
5. CIC background check dept processes the results along with other results, which may take time, and send back to local office.
6. Local office reviews info and continues

Overall a slow process.
Now we need to keep our finger crossed and just wait and be patience. hope the best for u all

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So far no updates on my case. They have received my FP since July 10th as per CIC call centre agent.

I expect I will have a test by the end of the year. I'm being optimistic!

If you submitted your FP 1st step is to contact RCMP (the number should be on your receipt from the place you took your FP).

2nd step is to call CIC to confirm they received it. You can call the call centre number and they will confirm.

Good luck guys and let's keep updated!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
My friend got fingerprints requested in August 2014.

He did the fingerprints and after few days he got the fingerprint results at home. He thought that it's a copy of the results as I think he had requested the fingerprinting agency to forward his fingerprinting results to cic. He safely kept those results.

Again in March/April 2015, he got final letter from cic local office requesting for fingerprints and that's when he realized that the results that he have are the original ones and he immediately sent it to CIC local office and he got test invite within a month and gave the test by end of May 2015 and now he is waiting for oath. Somehow i think somehow fingerprint agency forgot to forward his fingerprints to cic and instead sent the results to him.

By the way his local office is Vancouver. I just shared this information for you guys to estimate when to expect a test invite however every case is different and also it depends upon province to province and its local cic office that how quickly they process the application.

Here is a link for your reference for fingerprints processing times:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-time-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks

Jun 8, 2011
Hi Guys,

Spoke to the one of the representative from cic, she said that we would be notified, if they have not received a requested document by the time period requested( i.e month), as per her saying it would be around march 2016 till the completion of process in my case by max.

So if u applied in Jan 2015 u r looking around Mar 2016 by max that nearly 7 months from now.

If u break that evenly u r looking to get call for test 1-4 months (i.e 1-16 weeks) after fingerprints and call for oath 1-3 months (i.e 1-12 weeks) after the test.

so hope this relieve little stress from us, as waiting game is always annoying. So hope best and fingers cross .

Time line for me

Applied Jan/17/15
Received Jan/22/15
AOR Mar/23/15
Filed Transferred May/19/15 Scarborough Office
June/15/15 File Transferred Line Disappeared
June/30/15 Got the Correspondence Letter Request for Finger printing
July/6/15 Got Fingerprints Done Electronically
Test Date : Waiting..
Oath Date : Waiting..

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
farhanamnashaik said:
Hi Guys,

Spoke to the one of the representative from cic, she said that we would be notified, if they have not received a requested document by the time period requested( i.e month), as per her saying it would be around march 2016 till the completion of process in my case by max.

So if u applied in Jan 2015 u r looking around Mar 2016 by max that nearly 7 months from now.

If u break that evenly u r looking to get call for test 1-4 months (i.e 1-16 weeks) after fingerprints and call for oath 1-3 months (i.e 1-12 weeks) after the test.

so hope this relieve little stress from us, as waiting game is always annoying. So hope best and fingers cross .

Time line for me

Applied Jan/17/15
Received Jan/22/15
AOR Mar/23/15
Filed Transferred May/19/15 Scarborough Office
June/15/15 File Transferred Line Disappeared
June/30/15 Got the Correspondence Letter Request for Finger printing
July/6/15 Got Fingerprints Done Electronically
Test Date : Waiting..
Oath Date : Waiting..

March 2016 timeline is for routine applications, once you get a FP request your application becomes non-routine and March 2016 means nothing anymore - sad eh! :'(