New fingerprints timeline

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Well as of July 3rd I was sent a fingerprint request and I got it today, promptly went to the office before they closed and submitted my fingerprints electronically today.

I understand fingerprints used to be a BIG delay, but recently some people have been saying it isn't that big of a deal?

Any thoughts on this? I am very sad I got it :(

I also think that the reason they want my fingerprints is because I have changed my name radically. I can't think of any other reason, no criminal records ever in any country!

Any thoughts on WHY they send them out??

Thanks guys and appreciate your support through this :-[

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
ScubaC said:
Hi Guys,

Well as of July 3rd I was sent a fingerprint request and I got it today, promptly went to the office before they closed and submitted my fingerprints electronically today.

I understand fingerprints used to be a BIG delay, but recently some people have been saying it isn't that big of a deal?

Any thoughts on this? I am very sad I got it :(

I also think that the reason they want my fingerprints is because I have changed my name radically. I can't think of any other reason, no criminal records ever in any country!

Any thoughts on WHY they send them out??

Thanks guys and appreciate your support through this :-[
I got a fingerprint request too in April and sent it to my local office but haven't heard back from them since then.
I changed my name too, maybe thats why, no it makes sense..
Whats your local office? Mine is Mississauga.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
I got a fingerprint request too in April and sent it to my local office but haven't heard back from them since then.
I changed my name too, maybe thats why, no it makes sense..
Whats your local office? Mine is Mississauga.
Hi yeah mine is Mississauga too. Do you have any travel? I don't have any.

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
ScubaC said:
Hi yeah mine is Mississauga too. Do you have any travel? I don't have any.

what it says on you ecas. ... I got letter send on july 3rd as well. Still haven't received yet. Can u please share what on ur ecase

this what's on my ecase

We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

thank you

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vathan said:
what it says on you ecas. ... I got letter send on july 3rd as well. Still haven't received yet. Can u please share what on ur ecase

this what's on my ecase

We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

That's exactly the same as mine

thank you

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
Yes i took many trips back home (Egypt) and some to the US.
I don't know if it's linked to the trips or not? I am sure mine is linked to the name change as yours is. Did you change your first and last name? I changed both.

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
ScubaC said:
I don't know if it's linked to the trips or not? I am sure mine is linked to the name change as yours is. Did you change your first and last name? I changed both.
Just the Last name.. Took my husband's last name.
My application was sent Oct 30
In process Jan 7
Passport stamps translation request Feb 10
Transfer March 3rd
Fingerprints April 10th

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
Just the Last name.. Took my husband's last name.
My application was sent Oct 30
In process Jan 7
Passport stamps translation request Feb 10
Transfer March 3rd
Fingerprints April 10th
Have you called CIC and asked if they received the fingerprints?

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
ScubaC said:
Have you called CIC and asked if they received the fingerprints?
They did On April 20th.
When I mentioned when shall I expect the next step the agent told me you're far away, this whole process can take up to 24 months :S

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
They did On April 20th.
When I mentioned when shall I expect the next step the agent told me you're far away, this whole process can take up to 24 months :S
I don't believe the agents anymore. I would say you will get your test before October. Let's wait and see. It hasn't been a year yet!

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I don't have a clue why did they send me this letter for....

didn't leave the country since 2002.
Don't have any criminal records. Came here as a refuge.
I am soo soo worried about this letter... still don't know what is on that letter. .. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vathan said:
I don't have a clue why did they send me this letter for....

didn't leave the country since 2002.
Don't have any criminal records. Came here as a refuge.
I am soo soo worried about this letter... still don't know what is on that letter. .. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't worry, I came here as a refugee as well. Maybe they want to verify we are the same people? I remember them taking my fingerprints at the airport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Now a days, fingerprints are processed faster (those were taken digitally).

Here is a similar (but not exact) link for your reference which states the reason for why fingerprints are requested:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=703&t=19

if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else

In my opinion if your name, date of birth etc matches with someone who has a criminal background then they usually request for fingerprints to confirm the identity of the person

My friend got a fingerprint request too and i think there was a reason mentioned on the letter why the fingerprints were requested. You can carefully check your fingerprint letter to check what exactly it states.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this from another thread but for some reason couldn't use the regular quote so I copied and pasted

This is from latitudeofgratitude regarding their experience

"Interesting update again,

Just got off the phone with CIC to advise them the requested fingerprints were submitted. The agent was kind enough to attempt to note my file and came back stating that they had already received the results on the 26th, and not the 27th as per RCMP! anyway 26th or 27th doesn't matter either way, what matters here is speed. Cheesy
Agent also stated that all background checks were already completed. However since I had answered yes to having used another name in the past, even though that name is still part of my current name, the process requires that applicants finger prints be submitted in these cases .
(So much for trying to cross every T ) Roll Eyes

see example below

Current Name : JANE DOE-SMITH (Smith being spouse's Surname)
Maiden name : JANE DOE

Therefore, I did not need to fill the section of application that referred to having used another name including maiden name, since I still also currently use my maiden name, I would only need to fill that section if I was currently using the name JANE SMITH, so even though the background checks were already done using all my names that I currently use, according to CIC's policy, a test could not be scheduled before the submission of fingerprints, as this request should have been sent to me earlier in the process.

Also, I think someone else form another thread hinted at this before too, But when I went to get my prints taken at commissionaries, I was advised that a match does not necessarily have to be on a same name basis, when the criminal registers are checked if a similar date of birth and gender is matched to a sex offender a Finger print request is needed to rule out Criminality.

I know there are a lot of guessing surrounding these FPR's, but according to the lovely lady at CIC this was the issue in my case, and it may very well be for others especially female applicants.
Hope this sheds light or make the process a little easier for others in a similar position."

I think this is what happened to me I forgot I put a "Nickname" in the field where it says if I have used any other names. PLUS I have had a legal name change. So, this all makes sense they would want fingerprints!