+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New family class application tracker tool just launched

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it worth applying even if the PA has no ties to their home country? or will that be a waste of time and effort? -- Assuming PA passed eligibility and got pre-arrival, and the only thing in process atm are background checks.
You hear different things. But some PAs do get approvals, and sometimes at parts in process where it seems ntohing has changed. Definitely chances seem to be higher where they have looked at the app and made at least preliminary assessment that the relationship is genuine (which I think basically is pre-arrival but not only pre-arrival).

Then, it sometimes seems that a trv application in process spurs the final decision on the PR app - probably only if just somewhat lucky in time (the bureaucratic bit being - if the same officer has to do a sign-off on the trv, and all the officer needs to do on the PR app is a few steps and it saves them time, then why not). Of course that could all just be random and we don't know.

The one thing we know: 100% of those who don't apply for TRVs don't get them.

[Note, I'm not advocating applying for trvs hundreds of times - but if you can handle the cost and time and want to be together and/or depart where you are, then it's worth a try or possibly three. We do sometimes have posters here complaining they can't do certian things, be together, make concrete plans ... and they have not even applied for a TRV.]

Reactions: Ok2018 and DimT44

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
You hear different things. But some PAs do get approvals, and sometimes at parts in process where it seems ntohing has changed. Definitely chances seem to be higher where they have looked at the app and made at least preliminary assessment that the relationship is genuine (which I think basically is pre-arrival but not only pre-arrival).

Then, it sometimes seems that a trv application in process spurs the final decision on the PR app - probably only if just somewhat lucky in time (the bureaucratic bit being - if the same officer has to do a sign-off on the trv, and all the officer needs to do on the PR app is a few steps and it saves them time, then why not). Of course that could all just be random and we don't know.

The one thing we know: 100% of those who don't apply for TRVs don't get them.

[Note, I'm not advocating applying for trvs hundreds of times - but if you can handle the cost and time and want to be together and/or depart where you are, then it's worth a try or possibly three. We do sometimes have posters here complaining they can't do certian things, be together, make concrete plans ... and they have not even applied for a TRV.]
That makes sense. There's a fair chance for some of these situations, and just like you said, you won't find out until you apply. Thanks, armoured!

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Has anyone else still not been able to log into the new tracker? We received the AOR Feb 22nd. I was able to log in 24 hours later as the sponsor, but my husband (PA) still can't. We've since received the BIL and SA, but still nothing. And yes, I've tried every variety of spellings and spaces after names and all of that. Seems strange that he can't log in almost 3 full weeks after receiving AOR. Anyone else?

(We were able to link him to GCKey, but not ECAS)

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Ooh, now that I look at calendar, that's not so bad.

I guess it just feels like six months have passed since the first of March.
We're the opposite. We have been able to link mine as the PA, but not the sponser section

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
We're the opposite. We have been able to link mine as the PA, but not the sponser section
That's the better of the two, believe me. Mine ONLY talks about the sponsor side. So "sponsorship approved" and none of the other stuff (biometrics, medical, etc). They say different things.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
That's the better of the two, believe me. Mine ONLY talks about the sponsor side. So "sponsorship approved" and none of the other stuff (biometrics, medical, etc). They say different things.
Oh for sure, not disagreeing by any means. We were lucky though, as we were able to our Sponsor Updates via ECAS (though ours only says Decision Made at the moment)

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Oh for sure, not disagreeing by any means. We were lucky though, as we were able to our Sponsor Updates via ECAS (though ours only says Decision Made at the moment)
I haven't been able to link to ECAS yet. But Decision Made is an excellent step! You're near the end - I'm envious!

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
The status for "Eligibility" and "Background Check" for our application are still both on "Not Started", however the "Updated" date has changed a few times. This is in the new tracker. Medical and Biometrics are "Completed".

I would typically ignore these new "Updated" dates, however during one of the updates the address on file changed from "Unspecified" to my partner's actual address in her home country, which leads me to believe they are actually doing something.

My question is, has anyone's status gone right from "Not Started" to "Completed" for these items - or do I still have to wait for those things to change to "In Progress" first?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
The status for "Eligibility" and "Background Check" for our application are still both on "Not Started", however the "Updated" date has changed a few times. This is in the new tracker. Medical and Biometrics are "Completed".

I would typically ignore these new "Updated" dates, however during one of the updates the address on file changed from "Unspecified" to my partner's actual address in her home country, which leads me to believe they are actually doing something.

My question is, has anyone's status gone right from "Not Started" to "Completed" for these items - or do I still have to wait for those things to change to "In Progress" first?
They can change from complete to in process too. They can change anyway the officer wants, and yes it could happen that they don't update it until the end.

Reactions: aababuji

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
They can change from complete to in process too. They can change anyway the officer wants, and yes it could happen that they don't update it until the end.
Just to follow up on this, in the GCKEY tracker for Eligibility it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." - does it always say that by default? Or at some point before that did it say something different? I can't remember personally.

For Background Check in GCKEY for example it still says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Edit: According to other threads this did change from "We will start reviewing your eligibility", so I guess this is a good sign. Notable that it is not in sync with the new tracker.

Last edited:

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
FINALLY got it to connect to my husband's account (PA). For any Americans out there - I was trying to put in exactly what I had in IMM008 (Danbury, CT). I also tried Danbury. Danbury, Connecticut spelled out. When I linked my account, my birthplace was Halifax and that's what worked. Anyway, today, I figured I'd just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Tried just "Connecticut". Bingo. So I guess try just the state if it's not working for you? Or whichever country you/your spouse is from - try more vague or more specific terms. Our application says Danbury, CT, so it seems strange for it to say just Connecticut, but whatever.

Also - The info in the tracker hasn't been updated at all, and all of the correct information is only in the GCKey (we've received BIL, Medical request, and background check started in GCKey - none of those are listed in new tracker). So grain of salt with this new system as it sorts itself out.

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
many thanks and best wishes!
@ JohnnyDamien

I am in the similar situation as you guys: did you guys receive any update yet?
I see
Applied- 16 Nov 2021
Eligibility - completed
Medical - completed
Received pre arrival letter
Background check - not started yet
In Ecas - I see a msg We started processing your application on 10th March 2022.

Can you advice how long will it take for the next step ?
I am outside Canada, in my home country for a family emergence and want to know if I should return back how soon ?

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
The gap between the medicals being submitted and the next step is the longest and quietest. Honestly, most of that time is likely either simply in queue, or waiting for some other dept/person/entity to do something (or all of those at the same time). But there would be few outside signs anyway.

Inquire through your MP, order gcms notes.
I passed Medicals July 30th 2021. Everything except security was passed prior. Security in process for 8+ months now. MP calls and gets not answer. Received GCMS notes - no red flags, Got CBSA notes - no new info. Waiting on CSIS notes. Applied for TRV and got it in November and now in Canada. Assuming that if here in Canada then security must have been passed???