+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Doctor in Canada - Need Help!

begracious

Feb 25, 2017
Hey all - Thanks in advance for those who can help.

My family and I landed in Canada in 1994, but we have been in and out of Canada and haven't lived there on a constant basis.

Thing to note is that I never had a PR card.

Then I came back in 2014 to take care of my grandparents and ended up loving it.

I'm also a doctor and thus decided to spend my time doing a masters here and prepare for the Canadian licensing exams.

I've lived here for the last 3 years and kept good residency records like bank statements etc..

Questions -

1. What are my chances of getting a PR card if I apply now?
2. Is there an interview that I need to attend with a CIC officer or is it the whole thing just mail in?
3. If I fail the PR application, will if affect my future chances of becoming PR again?

THANK YOU!!

- John

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
begracious said:
Hey all - Thanks in advance for those who can help.

My family and I landed in Canada in 1994, but we have been in and out of Canada and haven't lived there on a constant basis.

Thing to note is that I never had a PR card.

Then I came back in 2014 to take care of my grandparents and ended up loving it.

I'm also a doctor and thus decided to spend my time doing a masters here and prepare for the Canadian licensing exams.

I've lived here for the last 3 years and kept good residency records like bank statements etc..

Questions -

1. What are my chances of getting a PR card if I apply now?
2. Is there an interview that I need to attend with a CIC officer or is it the whole thing just mail in?
3. If I fail the PR application, will if affect my future chances of becoming PR again?

THANK YOU!!

- John
Sounds like you weren't reported for not meeting Residency Obligation when you came in 2014.
In this case, you should be fine since you have well more than the required 2 years of residency in the past 5 years.

So just go ahead and mail the application for PR card renewal. You could have done this around a year ago. You should face no problems.

There is no interview required, except if they ask you to go pick up your PR card in person instead of mailing it to you after it's finished. But as long as you meet the RO and are in Canada to pick up the card, it will be no issue.