+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Any update for any one, it's been very quite recently. When should February 2018 applicants expect to recieve DM.

Oct 2, 2014
I posted this on the 2018 NDVO thread. Re-posting this on here to help those of you waiting for PPR.

I applied to sponsor my wife in India on May 16th, 2018 through a lawyer (representative) in Vancouver, BC. Got AOR2 in August and DM along with Pre- arrival services letter on Nov 25th. Keep in mind that all communication was going to the portal which only my lawyer could access. All I could do in the meantime was check the ECAS status on the CIC website.

So I took extended time off work and came to India to visit my wife in December hoping that her PPR would come soon and she would be able to return with me. Waited all of December with no update. Then on December 29th, my wife’s friend (who has also applied through family class in May 2018 and got her DM in November too) messaged her to say that the only (quickest) way to get PPR nowadays from NDVO is to email them with a valid reason to send it to you quickly. She said she emailed them and got PPR the next day. We were skeptical about this but decided that it was worth a try.

So my wife emailed the NDVO Enquiry email and mentioned that I have my return flights booked for Jan 14th and it would be nice if she could get her PPR soon so that she can accompany me back to Canada. She attached my flight ticket reservation details to the email as proof.

She emailed them on December 30th. NDVO replied to her email on Jan 2nd with PPR.

Strangely, when I checked with my lawyer back in Vancouver a few days later, he said that there was no further communication after the DM and pre- arrival services on the portal. It was still showing “background check in process”. My lawyer told me yesterday that he still hasn’t received the PPR on the portal which is where all official communication is being sent for our application. So looks like my wife’s friend was right after all. Very weird.

Anyways, we had everything ready so we submitted her passport the next day through VFS Bangalore. Just got the passport back today with visa stamped and two COPR copies.

This might all be a coincidence. I don’t know if this will work for everyone, but please keep a few things in mind if you want to try emailing them like this for PPR.

1. When you send an email to NDVO please including principal applicant’s surname, given name, Passport number, UCI (if applicable), DOB and application number. Otherwise they will not reply to your email.

2. Send the email only to: delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

If they reply it will be from: DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

3. Don’t send them email asking for PPR if you haven’t even got Decision Made yet. If you have applied recently or if your application still has a few more steps to go, they won’t magically give you PPR. Personally, I would recommend only applicants from MAY 2018 or earlier do this.

4. Also, try to have a valid reason to request for early PPR like the travel plans, etc. Maybe, it could work without it but better to give them more reason.

If anyone has any further questions, I’d be glad to help. Feel free to post this on other threads as well if you feel it would help others.

Cheers!

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I posted this on the 2018 NDVO thread. Re-posting this on here to help those of you waiting for PPR.

I applied to sponsor my wife in India on May 16th, 2018 through a lawyer (representative) in Vancouver, BC. Got AOR2 in August and DM along with Pre- arrival services letter on Nov 25th. Keep in mind that all communication was going to the portal which only my lawyer could access. All I could do in the meantime was check the ECAS status on the CIC website.

So I took extended time off work and came to India to visit my wife in December hoping that her PPR would come soon and she would be able to return with me. Waited all of December with no update. Then on December 29th, my wife’s friend (who has also applied through family class in May 2018 and got her DM in November too) messaged her to say that the only (quickest) way to get PPR nowadays from NDVO is to email them with a valid reason to send it to you quickly. She said she emailed them and got PPR the next day. We were skeptical about this but decided that it was worth a try.

So my wife emailed the NDVO Enquiry email and mentioned that I have my return flights booked for Jan 14th and it would be nice if she could get her PPR soon so that she can accompany me back to Canada. She attached my flight ticket reservation details to the email as proof.

She emailed them on December 30th. NDVO replied to her email on Jan 2nd with PPR.

Strangely, when I checked with my lawyer back in Vancouver a few days later, he said that there was no further communication after the DM and pre- arrival services on the portal. It was still showing “background check in process”. My lawyer told me yesterday that he still hasn’t received the PPR on the portal which is where all official communication is being sent for our application. So looks like my wife’s friend was right after all. Very weird.

Anyways, we had everything ready so we submitted her passport the next day through VFS Bangalore. Just got the passport back today with visa stamped and two COPR copies.

This might all be a coincidence. I don’t know if this will work for everyone, but please keep a few things in mind if you want to try emailing them like this for PPR.

1. When you send an email to NDVO please including principal applicant’s surname, given name, Passport number, UCI (if applicable), DOB and application number. Otherwise they will not reply to your email.

3. Don’t send them email asking for PPR if you haven’t even got Decision Made yet. If you have applied recently or if your application still has a few more steps to go, they won’t magically give you PPR. Personally, I would recommend only applicants from MAY 2018 or earlier do this.

4. Also, try to have a valid reason to request for early PPR like the travel plans, etc. Maybe, it could work without it but better to give them more reason.

If anyone has any further questions, I’d be glad to help. Feel free to post this on other threads as well if you feel it would help others.

Cheers!
Congrats on getting PPR
I am sponsoring my wife her VO is New Delhi. App recieved Feb. 2018 and processing started Apr. 30 and since then we have heard nothing. In Sep. I requested atip notes from IRCC after 40 days I emailed and they replied that they were awaiting records from ND VO. To this day I have not received it. What else do you think I can do to get any news about our App.

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017

Cheers!
Wow congrats.. I am going to visit soon. may be i will send the inquiry in the end of January we filed in June 2018
Good Information.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
WHY WE ARE ALL FRUSTRATED

The Government of Canada has a central budgetary agency called the Treasury Board. Each fiscal year every Government of Canada department must apply to the Treasury Board for its funding. The Treasury Board is responsible for advising the Prime Minister and the federal Cabinet about priorities for disbursing Government of Canada funds. The Government of Canada never has anything near the funds to resource every department to the hilt. There is no real reason to identify CIC as a special priority to receive large amounts of funding and resources.
One of the results is to take as much as the processing as possible and “dumb it down” so it can be done by lower-paid clerical staff in Canadian processing centers, not more experienced and better paid visa officers. One of the unintended results is a substantial number of processing errors. This increases processing time too !!
CIC does not have full control of the visa application process. CIC has to rely heavily on CSIS, the RCMP and CBSA for security and criminal clearances. ALL MAY BE CALLED BGC...These federal agencies (sadly 4 us) have many other, more important priorities than visas. :(

The funds paid by visa applicants do not go into a special CIC account. Those fees are paid to the Receiver General for Canada. The Receiver General ‘s accounts are a central repository for all sorts of fees paid to the Government of Canada. It is mostly there where the Treasury Board finds the funds it will disburse.
We the ;--Visa applicants do not always understand that immigration visas are subject to rationing by the annual immigration levels system. CIC has to allocate resources to each visa office according to the contribution that office is expected to make to the annual level. A given visa office is only expected, or allowed, to issue a certain number of immigration visas per year. They are not allowed to issue as many visas as they can. At times they must delay or stop processing certain categories of visas.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucky1990

neha25

Jul 10, 2016

Cheers!
Congratz
Can you please tell me when was your file transferred to NdVo?? And when did your wife’s BGC start?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I am worried why no member came in here this evening= India's morining of 17 JAN :( :( Does that mean no fellow is unhappy all got some updates? PLZ inform here ...Thanks I can't live without you guys/buddies/friends. OR God is only HOPE I have :(

lucky1990

Nov 8, 2018
I am worried why no member came in here this evening= India's morining of 17 JAN :( :( Does that mean no fellow is unhappy all got some updates? PLZ inform here ...Thanks I can't live without you guys/buddies/friends. OR God is only HOPE I have :(
They wer sleeping hahahhaaahahaaa

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Application received September 5 2017
Pre arrival services 27 feb 2018
DM 31 may 2018
Ppr 4 June 2018

I think I am the first September applicant
Thanks for posting your timelines. Two questions for you:

1- Did your background check changed to "Processing" on My CIC when you received pre-arrival?
2- Do you know if your application was sent to London after New Delhi? (some go there)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
The funds paid by visa applicants do not go into a special CIC account. Those fees are paid to the Receiver General for Canada. The Receiver General ‘s accounts are a central repository for all sorts of fees paid to the Government of Canada. It is mostly there where the Treasury Board finds the funds it will disburse.
We the ;--Visa applicants do not always understand that immigration visas are subject to rationing by the annual immigration levels system. CIC has to allocate resources to each visa office according to the contribution that office is expected to make to the annual level. A given visa office is only expected, or allowed, to issue a certain number of immigration visas per year. They are not allowed to issue as many visas as they can. At times they must delay or stop processing certain categories of visas.

Raviraji

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018

Cheers!
Exactly the same thing happened with us. Thanks

Reactions: Krissh2179

Raviraji

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hello member
Has anybody submitted their passport at jalandhar vfs then got transferred to chandigarh for processing? If yes then how much time it will take to get stamped passport back?